StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

Who will cover in Super Bowl XLI?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Indianapolis Colts -7 26 28.57%
Chicago Bears +7 65 71.43%
Total: 91 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl XLI
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
drPepper
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Super Bowl XLI

I'm curious to see where everyone in here stands on this game.

Old Post 01-22-07 06:22 PM
drPepper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drPepper Click here to Send drPepper a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

A bit early, however if I was to place now it would be

Chicago +7.5 (buying the hook)
Chicago ML

Old Post 01-22-07 06:30 PM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GrandGouda
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Gut instinct is to tease Chicago and the Over.

Old Post 01-22-07 08:55 PM
GrandGouda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrandGouda Click here to Send GrandGouda a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Definitely the Bears +7, mainly because of the defense. I'd consider buying the hook, but I don't think it'll be necessary. May also place a smaller ML wager on Chicago.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 01-22-07 11:05 PM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Imrightalot
FoxDen Hall of Famer

im going with the bears

100% because of the trends and stat systems leaning towards the bears. i will be betting small % though.

"Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck." -Don Shula-

Old Post 01-22-07 11:07 PM
Imrightalot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Imrightalot Click here to Send Imrightalot a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Imrightalot, you reminded me of something: My bet will be no more than 2 percent of BR. From a wagering standpoint, the Super Bowl is no more important than a Big 12 basketball game in mid-February. I just don't want to be regretting a huge wager on the SB if I happen to be wrong (which I am about 45 percent of the time). GLTA.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 01-22-07 11:12 PM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Imrightalot
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i know your very right sb doesnt mean a bigger bet

but i think either way wether you have a lean one way or the other betting more than you should will end up making the game no longer fun to watch.

"Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck." -Don Shula-

Old Post 01-22-07 11:27 PM
Imrightalot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Imrightalot Click here to Send Imrightalot a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jrg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bears

Old Post 01-23-07 03:09 AM
jrg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jrg Click here to Send jrg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Colts.

Bears and their rag tag qb will be exposed against a well balanced team. Indy gets em down and bears have to depend on grossman. Party's over boys. Super Bowls are all about the QB's. Dont buy into the chicago D. They are waaaaay overrated.

Old Post 01-23-07 03:13 AM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ethan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I like the Colts to win, but I don't know about winning by 7.

Old Post 01-23-07 03:16 AM
Ethan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ethan Click here to Send Ethan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bully93
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tough call, like the bears but if they get behind watch out, could get ugly, rex has played ok and has fortunately not been behind in either playoff game and we know what can happen if they get behind, close your eyes.

Old Post 01-23-07 03:24 AM
bully93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bully93 Click here to Send bully93 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
greggrzy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BEARS COVER & OVER

Simulations have Colts 27 & Bears 23.

Chance of success for current best price (SBR A rated books) teased at 7pts are.....
CHI +14 75%
IND pk 60%
CHI/IND 41.5o 74.7%
CHI/IND 56.5u 70.4%

I will start my action with.....

CHI +14 & IND/CHI 41.5o -130 (7pt T) BetCris 1:30am pst

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Old Post 01-23-07 10:56 AM
greggrzy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greggrzy Click here to Send greggrzy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
daddydan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

colts 34 bears 24

the bears defense isn't what it was earlier in the season. and playing against the colts high powered offense, in which i see peyton getting it done and also manning getting the mvp in the big dance also. so my pick, without a doubt is the colts
everyone have a great new year here on the forum, and win lots of benjamins, daddydan

Old Post 01-23-07 02:27 PM
daddydan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daddydan Click here to Send daddydan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

daddydan...

With Christ himself (Peyton Manning) quarterbacking, they may as well just give him the MVP now. Unless he completely shoots himself in the foot, I think he gets the award.

Having said that, I will be on the Bears on the SB, unless other info I haven't seen comes up. Both SU and ATS

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 01-23-07 10:44 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
amich1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

colts

i don't care a/b trends or #'s, i can't see the colts losing this game & think they cover this #.

Old Post 01-23-07 10:52 PM
amich1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amich1 Click here to Send amich1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The Spirit of Walter Payton Lives On

Number 34 will be watching over this game and once again, he will not allow another Peyton to defeat his beloved BEARS.

DIVINE INTERVENTION will play a big part in this game.

LOL

Old Post 01-24-07 12:19 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Still going w/Colts and the whys/wherefores:

This is my very early pick for SB: Mr. Manning and the Colts.
I reserve the possibility of changing it once I hear of Sister Jean Kenny's selection for the SB. I will be reading the USA Today assiduously and hope the paper presents Sister Jean's selection.
WHY Colts??? 1. Their Offense is flexible and versatile (can have a mix of run/pass and be effective...does not rely on Manning's arm and just a predominant pass attack).
2. QB, the most important key position, Manning is far more superior, experienced, and consistent than Grossman
3. Bear defense is good but i think Colt offense has edge. Colts D is much maligned and underrated. Their D team speed can and will offset the Bears offensive line's power. ..at least i'm counting on it to contain Bear running attack to the extent that more burden is placed on Grossman's throwing ability.
4. Colts' play against the NE showed me something: Colts' resilience, speed to offset lack of power/size, confidence, perseverance. Colts played a very tough, difficult game against disciplined, Super Bowl-experienced NE team, and could have easily lost it; Colts were seriously tested and they overcame w/good focus, determination, playmaking; in short, thought Colts played better in their AFC game against NE than the performance of the Bears against Saints in NFC game.
5. Colts hail from the better/tougher conference AFC.
6. I think its "Mannings Time"
Earlier Post:
"Sister Jean Kenny 7-3 in playoffs so far...
Who will Sister Jean select for Super Bowl???

Did not see any major injury in the NFC/AFC championship games. 2 week rest before Super Bowl.

This is very early. But my choice is "Mr. Manning and the COLTS". Hope Sister Jean agrees."

Old Post 01-24-07 06:16 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey Dr. Pepper

Hope you are going to recap the results of the selections by Forum members as we getting closer to Super Bowl Sunday...

GL Dude.

"It's not the thinking that makes the money; its the waiting"--J.Livermore
"Being wrong isn't a choice, but staying wrong is"--S.Stewart
"What everybody else knows, is not
worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

"...mastery is something a man never stops seeking to attain." M. Musashi

http://adserv.honoluluadvertiser.com/multimedia/UntilThen.swf
http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html

Old Post 01-24-07 06:20 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sportbook69

i think i will be teasing the colts down to even and the over to 42

i like this play alot, i might even tease the colts and the bears

Old Post 01-24-07 09:19 PM
sportbook69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sportbook69 Edit post   Report post
drPepper
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Micaiah

What do you mean?

Old Post 01-24-07 09:38 PM
drPepper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drPepper Click here to Send drPepper a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: