StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Superbowl Question For All
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Superbowl Question For All

I will be the first to admit I was on the wrong side today, the Bears and Grossman are frauds. Anyways, besides that. Does it bother anybody like it does me that the Colts didnt kick a FG on that 4th down? I just dont understand why they wouldnt kick it. ALSO, when in the back of my head I am saying to myself, wow, the under backers will get screwed b/c of this last second chip shot. AND then I see them line up to just run the ball. Just want to know if anybody was thinking this way. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT. Even if you were worried about getting it blocked or botched or whatever very unlikely things you could think of they were up 12 and the bears had no timeouts, SO, even if the Bears score you just kneel the ball.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:06 AM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jkaul
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ray

There was still over a minute left and with no timeouts for the Bears and the ball on their own 15, you make them get that offense out on the field and make them beat you by going 85yds in less than a minute, recovering the onside kick and scoring another td.

You don't want to give them the chance for the special teams to score another TD quickly and then if they recover the onside kick have about a minute left to get another one in and win the game.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:09 AM
jkaul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkaul Click here to Send jkaul a Private Message Edit post   Report post
M & M

Respect

It's respect that DUNGY has for Lovie Smith. He doesn't want to run up the score against his buddy. That why Dungy has respect from everyone. He is a humble man!!!

When making an investment, look for the suckers in the room, If you don't see any. It's You!

Old Post 02-05-07 04:13 AM
M & M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M & M Edit post   Report post
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

jkaul

I guess so. It was a chip shot, plus you were only up by 12, 15 makes you need a 2 point conversion. I think in 100 other cases the team kicks the FG. ALSO, I remember the Colts had a 3rd and Goal from the 10 and they run it. I can guarantee you that has never happened ever with Peyton behind center. I guess its just puzzling sometimes and makes you wonder. I guess you can have some logic for not kicking it.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:14 AM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You see the victorious highlights...

but not the many earlier years of adversities, suffering, sacrifices, training, hard lessons learned...that lead up to the final rewards and recognition and victories....

Dungy paid his dues.

Aloha.

"It's not the thinking that makes the money; its the waiting"--J.Livermore
"Being wrong isn't a choice, but staying wrong is"--S.Stewart
"What everybody else knows, is not
worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

"...mastery is something a man never stops seeking to attain." M. Musashi

http://adserv.honoluluadvertiser.com/multimedia/UntilThen.swf
http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html

Old Post 02-05-07 04:16 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Badger24
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Botched extra point and Vinatieri missed another field goal
plus weather I don't think it was a gimme field goal, but I could see all the money was on the line before the call not to kick it.

Old Post 02-05-07 02:32 PM
Badger24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger24 Click here to Send Badger24 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

THANK YOU TONY

No kick kept my teaser alive, so all I lost yesterday was the juice on my bears +7 bet. THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! Frauds. but frauds who just kept winning, just took a bit longer to expose them. Personally, I think the best player on the field yesterday was Prince. Oh well, I'm just glad it's over.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 02-05-07 02:55 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: