StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Superbowl
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Superbowl

Chicago + 7
Chicago ML

To me this is the play. A team is not a QB and that is what the average public seems to think. I asked so many people at work and they are like Grossman blows, no way Manning loses this game. The other thing I get is that Chicago has no offense. UMM, they have averaged 30 points per game in their last 8 games, I dont care how they score, the point is they score and people seem to forget that. I am playing the TEAM in this one, and I think the Bears win. The fact that the Colts run defense is atrocious makes me like it so much more. Another thing that sold it for me was the fact that I asked so many people who they liked without the spread, just to win the game. 45 out of 50 said Indianapolis, and guys, let me tell you, THESE were the average joes. SO, with that in mind, check out the moneyline on this game. Can anybody give me a reason why the ML is so low for a 7 point spread. Things that make you go hmmmm. That is definitely selling this game for me. ALSO, I also am a firm believer in the most likely TEASER to get covered in big games. I think the average bettor will tease INDY down to -1 or a PK, rather than the bears + 13 or 14. Many people think Indy will control it from the start. SO, there you have it.

Old Post 02-04-07 06:06 AM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
green2145

I like chicago too but i'm happy getting 7.I think they might win outright but I do expect indy to win a close one.

Old Post 02-04-07 07:31 AM
green2145 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for green2145 Click here to Send green2145 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

QB

All I keep hearing on espn is peytons career starts versus rex's. These were football players, dont they realize its a team effort, not 1 players. Its unreal to me. Bears win outright. Many good QBs never got a ring, and neither will peyton.

Old Post 02-04-07 03:48 PM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

ray

good luck today , with your plays
GL

Old Post 02-04-07 04:21 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azraelmoney
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I kind of hear what you're saying. But... the thing that bothers me is that for all the Peyton hype you're referring to the public wager majority is on the Bears. I agree that the QB is not the team...but Grossman really blows. I'd take Dilfer 10 out of 10 times if I had to choose between QB's that suck for my big game. The trendy play on the forum is Da' Bears...but so was Michigan St. yesterday. Sometimes...the idiot at the watercooler that we spent the season fading can be right..and I have a feeling that's how this thing is going to shape up. I'm not decided yet....and don't know who the hell I'm going to play. Good luck today.

Old Post 02-04-07 04:34 PM
azraelmoney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azraelmoney Click here to Send azraelmoney a Private Message Edit post   Report post
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

azrael

One thing I learned is that I truly dont believe sportsinsights or any website online to be who the public is really on. Its more important in my eyes to ask the average person that you see. None of us know all the things about sportsinsights. They could make those numbers up if they wanted. I am personally going by who I talked to and the number that doesnt lie EVER. The spread and moneylines. Those are things that are 100% true. And that moneyline is so far off for a big game like this. TO ME, vegas would just want to get even action on this game since so much more is bet today than any other day, and they would make a killing just off the vig, SO, why set the moneyline that low? I just dont understand it. I have been trying to think it out. ALSO, I dont think those watercooler guys can win big games like this, I know they are right during the regular season, but, not in a game like this. Good Luck with your selction. Just so you know, I am picking this based on other things too. Jkauls formula of picking the superbowl winner is showing strong for the Bears. Just look at the numbers in it. It completely makes sense

Old Post 02-04-07 04:52 PM
dvp95
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Im all over the bears just cause of the extremely light moneyline as well. That reason is good enough for me.

Old Post 02-04-07 04:58 PM
dvp95 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dvp95 Click here to Send dvp95 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
azraelmoney
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hear ya'. Anyone you talk to says the Colts. I've also been reading stats for two weeks now supporting the Bears. Like I said, I don't know what the hell I'm playing. Like we said, QB isn't the team..however..it's a pretty BIG position in these games. Just ask the '95 Steelers if the QB position is important in a big game. I know...different era...but still...A TEAM can be great and still lose on a few BAD plays by a guy like Grossman. I'm feeling very Joe Public today as I just don't see the Bears staying with the Colts for 4 quarters. Like I said, trends and stats are screaming Bears. I'm just not listening. Again..good luck today.

Old Post 02-04-07 05:58 PM
azraelmoney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azraelmoney Click here to Send azraelmoney a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: