StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Espn's Super Bowl Poll
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Mgoblue4
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Espn's Super Bowl Poll

In case someone missed this, ESPN is running a poll for the super bowl. I know how everyone loves to fade the public, myself included, so far the results are as follows.
A) Bears by 7 or more 14%
B) Bears by 7 or less 23%
C) Colts by 7 or more 43%
D) Colts by 7 or less 20%
We all know that ESPN is the most obvious people to fade, so then their viewers would pry also be a good target to fade. The play as of now would be Bears +7.

Bear down and take the BEARS!

Old Post 02-04-07 06:18 AM
Mgoblue4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mgoblue4 Click here to Send Mgoblue4 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Strizzles
FoxDen Hall of Famer

how many people voted for the COlts to make the % look higher on the Colts in order to fade it?

Old Post 02-04-07 06:22 AM
Strizzles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Strizzles Click here to Send Strizzles a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Mgoblue4
FoxDen Hall of Famer

well as of now a total of 97k have voted.

Old Post 02-04-07 06:25 AM
Mgoblue4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mgoblue4 Click here to Send Mgoblue4 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
towelboy02

look deeper...

i agree the public is on the colts according to the poll, but is that the "public" we want to fade? what i'm saying is, is that the gambling public or does it even matter? according to SI
at 107,055 bets, 52% is on the Colts, 48% on the bears.

Old Post 02-04-07 06:35 AM
towelboy02 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for towelboy02 Click here to Send towelboy02 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Mgoblue4
FoxDen Hall of Famer

towelboy

In my opinion that is the public we want to fade, as most people voting are casual fans who are the ones that are losing when they do place bets. Also I would like to add that when I began gambling I always listened to what ESPN analysts had to say and based my opinion on that, needless to say I should have been fading myself because I probably hit about 40% of my plays.

Old Post 02-04-07 06:54 AM
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

first off the public doesnt always lose the superbowl, second only 43% thin the colts will cover. how does that equal the publi being on IND?

Old Post 02-04-07 05:00 PM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: