StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl Investment. Biggest in 2 Years!
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Actionbrett

Super Bowl Investment. Biggest in 2 Years!

Indy ML -240. This is my strongest investment in the NFL in two years so i have no problem laying this much juiceon the ML.

Chicago is fortunate to be in the superbowl and INDY has obviously deserved to get here with wins v. Baltimore/NE.

The pressure Feeney and Indy will put on Grossman will prove to be the difference maker. IMO Peanut Tillman is a very overrated DB in the NFL and Manning and Reggie Wayne (i assume vasher is on Harrison) will and should have a field day.

-CHICAGO is 13-34 ATS (-24.4 Units) when they allow 22 to 28 points since 1992.
-CHICAGO is 1-12 ATS (-12.2 Units) after scoring 25 points or more in 2 straight games since 1992

The past three games the Colts have average giving up 73 rushing yards on 20 carrys, IMO v. superior rushing teams. In the past five games the bears have given up 300 260 276 179 319 passing yards an average of 267 years a game.

I expect the Colts to have a similar game plan they had vs the Kansas City Chiefs, prevent the run and let the QB attempt to beat them.

I can go on and on all day long BUT its time to drink. GL to veryone!

Old Post 02-04-07 06:40 PM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nouseforotacon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I just don't understand how people can claim that Indy's path to the SuperBowl was so much more triumphant and glorious than the Bears. Did you WATCH Indy's games???

The Chiefs played miserable the first game and didn't bother competing with the Colts. Peyton looked uncomfortable. The 2nd game against the Ravens: Sure, they moved the ball, but they won with 5 field goals. No TDs. The 3rd game, Peyton's big play-off comeback where he finally got the monkey off his back... strangely enough, against the worst Pats team we've seen in years... and it was a struggle! Also, we finally saw the Colts D perform like they have been playing all season long.

Now, I'm not saying the Bears path was any more difficult... but they did demolish a Saints team that was on fire and had the whole country's support.

GL to you tonight, but I've got to be on the other side of the fence on this one.

Old Post 02-04-07 07:03 PM
nouseforotacon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nouseforotacon Click here to Send nouseforotacon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great opinion & write-up

no one loses by offering their opinion, everyone gains whether you like the opinion or not

thanks for offering your opinion, currently for me its a no play but I'm hoping the public jumps all over indy so I can take the bears

Old Post 02-04-07 07:28 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Brett

good stuff here. good luck with your plays today
GL

Old Post 02-04-07 07:33 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Nouse. You should have listened.

This game has gone exactly the way I knew it would.

Chicago was a fraud from day one, Rex Grossman is a average backup QB, and their defense is vastly overated.

I just dont understand how anyone could invest their money on Train-Rex. Its crazy!

Congrats INDY backers.

Old Post 02-05-07 03:52 AM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nouseforotacon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Action

And if it went any other way? Would you still be tooting your own horn?

Congratulations, the game was ****, and Indy squeaked by a Bears team that played NO OFFENSE. ... but I still won't concede that the Colts had a "better" playoff run than the Bears. That's garbage.

Old Post 02-05-07 03:55 AM
nouseforotacon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nouseforotacon Click here to Send nouseforotacon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

The Bears had a better playoff run then INDY? c'mon you cant be serious!!!

Indy beats Baltimore, New England then destroys the bears BUT the bears squeek by seattle(who gave the game to chicago) and then beat NO but they had a better playoff run! Thats by far the dumbest thing ive heard in this forum, ever.

A team cant have a better playoff run then the Super Bowl champions.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:08 AM
nouseforotacon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm going to quote what I said in my FIRST post three times, and maybe by then, you'll understand what I'm saying:

"Now, I'm not saying the Bears path was any more difficult..."

I never once said that the Bears had a more difficult path!!! I simply stated that you were overrating the Colts path to victory... the Ravens had a **** offense and showed it in the play-offs... meanwhile good ol' boy Peyton played **** poor in both games... so don't give me this crap that the Colts had a stellar, out-of-this-world, awesome playoff run.

P.S. What are you a ******* whirling dervish?? Of course the SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS have a better playoff run.... but we were talking about this PRE-SUPERBOWL

Old Post 02-05-07 04:19 AM
Actionbrett

You couldnt be more wrong brother, Its not even funny anymore.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:22 AM
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Congrats, Actionbrett

Tooooooo sweet. Winning is a great feeling.

GL in your future wagers. Keep getting better at handicapping.
See you next football season.

Aloha.

"It's not the thinking that makes the money; its the waiting"--J.Livermore
"Being wrong isn't a choice, but staying wrong is"--S.Stewart
"What everybody else knows, is not
worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

"...mastery is something a man never stops seeking to attain." M. Musashi

http://adserv.honoluluadvertiser.com/multimedia/UntilThen.swf
http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html

Old Post 02-05-07 04:26 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Thanks man. It was a good game.

Old Post 02-05-07 05:02 AM
Snokone
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Action

nice call... i was on the colts as well. played them -7 as well as a parlay w/ under 47.5. so i cashed in on both. congrats to us and anyone else on the colts.

nouse... there's no reason to come into this thread and be profane. your post did imply that, even though you said you werent saying it, the bears had a better playoff run. and honestly, pre-superbowl, they didnt. the colts, who had the worst rush defense in the season, went up againse a kansas city team with larry johnson. anyone would expect him to run for 100 easy on that colts d. but they stepped up and won the game. then went into baltimore, a team that the bears could never beat on their best day, and won a very difficult game on the road. then came back home to play new england... i dont even think i need to say anything about them... what did the bears do leading up to the superbowl? they beat a seattle team that never even should have been in that game, only to go on and beat new orleans, who was good this season, but has had their troubles. no where near the caliber of new england. oh yeah... that was all at home as well...

final thought... colts had a better playoff run than the bears... ALL THE WAY THROUGH the superbowl.

'07-'08 NCAAB: 13-4-1 ATS; 1-0 Teasers
Overall 14-4-1 (+11.2 units)
'07-'08 NFL: 27-16-2 ATS; 6-5 Parlays; 10-13 Teasers
Overall 43-34-2 (+10.75 units)
'07-'08 NCAAF: 24-22-3 ATS; 8-5 Teasers; 4-3 Parlays
Overall 34-29-3 (+0.73 units)

Old Post 02-05-07 05:14 AM
Snokone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Snokone Click here to Send Snokone a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Thanks snokone. GL this week.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:44 PM
nouseforotacon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

snokone

I just think it's really easy to say all of this after the fact. I really don't think it's fair to say that the Bears could never beat the Ravens. How can you say that? The Ravens, like the Saints, had their problems during the season too...... or do you not remember that they struggled offensively and Billick fired his best friend and offensive coordinator Jim Fassel mid-season???? I mean, come on...

I wish some Bears fans would back me up on this, but I guess it's all moot now that their team failed to show up in the game.

It was a good call on the Colts.

Old Post 02-05-07 05:03 PM
Actionbrett

No bears fan would agree with you because they dont agree with you...

Train-Rex!

Old Post 02-05-07 08:32 PM
nouseforotacon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Action

I love how the only way you reply to my arguments is: "Hurrr hurr, Rex Grossman sux dudes." Why don't you grow up and listen to what I'm saying?

Whatever man, way to cash in on the Super Bowl. You'll eventually fall off your high horse and then you won't be so smug...

Old Post 02-05-07 08:39 PM
Actionbrett

no hard feelings my man, im just tryin to fill you in on whats going on...BOL this week,

Old Post 02-05-07 11:09 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: