StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > How Long!!!
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tony951

How Long!!!

Hey guys i wanted to know how much time does a good capper has to put in work to pick to soild games a day.. Thanks for the comments.

Old Post 02-05-07 06:23 AM
tony951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony951 Click here to Send tony951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ssb
Banned User

depends what kind of system he has..some say not much time some say lots

Old Post 02-05-07 06:25 AM
ssb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssb Click here to Send ssb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tony951

so pretty much it depends on what system you use.

Old Post 02-05-07 06:28 AM
tony951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony951 Click here to Send tony951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Potoroinae
Banned User

all depends on what kind of capper they are.

Brisbane, Australia
G'day mate....!

Old Post 02-05-07 06:30 AM
Potoroinae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Potoroinae Click here to Send Potoroinae a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tony951

im thinking about being a capper a legit capper not none of these cappers who post the game up after its over.. that why i have been posting my picks up the last few weeks.

Old Post 02-05-07 06:33 AM
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i get burned whenever i dont give each game at least 10 minutes

this can add up

what i do is prioritize the card so i can devote more time to games that work best for me

i take all the consensus underdogs and evaluate each game in this order:

i look at home dogs first
then i look at dogs getting 10 or more points
then i look at the rest of the dogs

if ive found 3-4 selections, then im done, if not i will look at picks that other people are posting on this forum

if a lot of people are picking against me then i will select another pick (but never go against my original pick)

id like the time to go through every game but on saturdays and other big board days its impossible

Old Post 02-05-07 12:19 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i meant to add that i look at favorites that are heavy consensus underdogs (70% or more on dog) last in that list

Old Post 02-05-07 12:20 PM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tony951

ok thanks for the help, because if i open up a service i want to be a real capper i get sick of going to other cappers site and looking on there page and they win every single day get out of here, and then you sign up with them and oh no we finally lost one then two and three lol.

Old Post 02-05-07 05:24 PM
Blazing Redskin

The key to being a good capper is being consistant. You will have your good days and you will have your bad days. Keep plugging away even if you have a bad day. If the system u are using is giving you less than 58% wins, then you may want to tweek it a little to see if you can produce more winners.

Being a good capper also requires discipline. You can't bet more than you can chew off. If you want to stay in the race, then you will need money management. Betting equal amounts on all games is important, or at least a unit system that only you can determine, and never bet more than that number of units based on how strong you feel about a game.

For example: I have a five (5) unit max system that I play.
1 Unit = (60% confidence).
2 Unit = (65% confidence).
3 Unit = (70% confidence).
4 Unit = (75% conficence).
5 Unit = (80% confidence).

There are other factors to take into consideration, but I am in a hurry right now.

Good luck

Old Post 02-05-07 05:54 PM
Blazing Redskin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blazing Redskin Click here to Send Blazing Redskin a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Depends On Whether It's

A "spot" play, "mechanical" play, or if there is research involved

Old Post 02-05-07 08:55 PM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: