StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Yes I hemorrhaged serious cash the other night...
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Yes I hemorrhaged serious cash the other night...

Somebody slap me when I talk about playing any team as a 4 to 1 favorite ever again. Just too much tempation behind the scenes for such a big dog not to bite. Too many minimum wager types in strategic positions to let something like this get away.

Have to ask myself, what do I stand to gain if it wins? Answer: Not Enough.

Confidence is high (still) and I'm smirking again.

Old Post 04-26-03 09:06 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Exactly.

For a moment (although a brief one)... I actually considered the Lakers -600 on the money line on Thursday. I was thinking... no way they lose at home to the Wolves.

Obviously something clicked in my brain. Way too much risk for such a minor reward. Lakers lost big to them a couple of nights before... and the Wolves have a better record.

-600 NEVER.

Finding value is the key to success... or you'll always be chasing big losses. And that's not the way to enjoy this.

Good luck!

Old Post 04-26-03 01:52 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Right on!

I dodged that same bullet w/ the Lakers.

Old Post 04-26-03 03:18 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: