StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Cinnamon Light / And they're off.......
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
wanna win

Cinnamon Light / And they're off.......

Post time is right this second. I'm following it live on the net. Didn't go too big on this, but I figured it was good for $50.

Old Post 04-25-03 10:39 PM
wanna win is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wanna win Click here to Send wanna win a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

damnit, i forgot!!!!

shiot!!!!

i lose more money by not betting than i do when i bet!

Old Post 04-25-03 10:40 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wanna win

Good thing you forgot. Didn't hit.

I'll post the results soon.

Old Post 04-25-03 10:48 PM
wanna win is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wanna win Click here to Send wanna win a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

yup

just got the results.....

10th race - Calder Race Course - April 25, 2003
Pgm Horse Win Place Show
5 New York Gold 15.60 7.40 4.40
7 Save the Moment 4.60 3.20
12 Babe's Flair 3.00

Old Post 04-25-03 10:49 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wanna win

10th race - Calder Race Course - April 25, 2003

5 New York Gold 15.60 7.40 4.40
7 Save the Moment 4.60 3.20
12 Babe's Flair

Cinn Light came in fourth.

Old Post 04-25-03 10:52 PM
qs185
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You're going to let us know when he Cinnamon Light runs on the turf, right? (Or do I have my horses confused).

Thanks,
Bart

Old Post 04-25-03 11:05 PM
qs185 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qs185 Click here to Send qs185 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

hey guys

You got it, when she hits the turf I will let you guys now. She ran ok today. It was one of those first time starters that I was talking about that won the race. At least she showed some interest in closing and giving it a try. Now we beg for Turf and hope she loves it. She looks fit and ready to run for sure. Hopefully she races again in a short amount of time. Might be one more dirt race in her future then turf. Not totally sure yet but I know she is at Calder to race on the Turf.

Well the best thing is the partnership go a WHOOPING $375 for her finishing 4th!! I think that might be her first prize money yet. So after spending over $35000 in the group we get back $375! WHOO HOO!

Old Post 04-25-03 11:43 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

You can go to the Daily Racing Form's site and sign up for "Watch Mail" (it's free). They'll notify you by e-mail when the horse is scheduled to run again, the conditions of the race, date, surface, etc. It usually comes about three days before the race.

Old Post 04-26-03 12:00 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Had all the right horses in my gimmick's but Cin didn't come in the money with them. This race was perfect for the winner to bust her cherry in. No real strong talent running in this one. You just go were the money takes you on the board at this track. I got there for the 4th and it was pretty easy to cap the rest of the way. Cin was bet down early, then went back to 12-1 and then bet back down to 7-1 or so for the start. Maybe that was BB's $$. The crew that I was there with already started on me with the "Cinnamon Toast" stuff. All in good fun but I am going to hearing it for awhile. Let us know what's up down the road BB. 8 days to the Derby!

Old Post 04-26-03 12:19 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

CHOP

Yeah, I have all the horses I own part of in that. Plus with this horse, the managing partner sends us all a email plus the past performances a day or two before the race. The other three I am pretty much on my own but I do get stablemail from drf.com and from equibase.com. I am waiting for Choctaw Charlie to get back on the track. He is a 3 yr old out of Indian Charlie and he is a runner. He had minor throat surgery but should be working and getting ready to run soon. He was looking like a really good horse as a two year old but had a few setbacks this year. Either way time will tell.

Old Post 04-26-03 12:21 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Breadman

Funny story! Sorry you are getting crap about the horse losing. I did not bet that big on CL to win. I was very worried about the first starters. I bet CL to win small and then I keyed the two first starters over her alone in each spot and the other logical contenders in the other spots and bet some exactas, tris and superfectas with CL in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th positions. I spent right around $220 total on the race and hit the super for a $1 ticket and got back $692 and change.

See wouldn't that make a nice story!! I did not even place a bet on the race. I honestly have been sick as a dog with what the doc says is a sinus infection and bronchitis so I actually slept through the race. But that would have been a really good way to bet the race when you have a toughie like it and like the first starters in a field full of no proven talent and you have an idea that another horse, CL, is going to be running decent today.

Either way, hope you had fun at the track today. I always enjoy a day at the track with they guys win or lose. Winning does make the day better. If you really love horse racing you should get the book "Razoo at the Races" by Gary West. It is the most funny book about horse racing and gamblers in general I have ever read. No real handicapping here but I laughed so many times it was worth the $15 bucks I paid for it.

Old Post 04-26-03 12:40 AM
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I can watch "Let It Ride" while my house is burning down around me. Definitely in my top 5 flicks of all time.

Old Post 04-26-03 12:43 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Oh, to have a day like Dreyfuss did in "Let It Ride"

Old Post 04-26-03 12:58 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

bbaffertI'll add Cinnamon & Choctaw to my stable mail. Thanks for the info.

Old Post 04-26-03 01:00 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

CHOP

while you at it might as well add Miss Barbara Ray and loveliest of all. They are two others that I own a part of and will give you guys whatever information that comes down the wire on them.

Loveliest of All is a good one also. 3 year old filly has raced in a 50K stakes race at 2 and broke maiden very early. She is out of the great Skip Away. She just raced in a 56K allowance at Keeneland a short time ago but will be back soon.

Miss Barbara Ray is the most expensive of 3. She has done the worst of the 3. She raced recently at Indiana downs and did worse than expected. She has the breeding and potential. We are thinking she needs to stretchout and when she does is a good bet.

Good luck. I am looking at a few other ventures right now. If you want a VERY VERY good shot at making a profit on owning a part of a horse try tosracing.com. They are awesome at claiming horses and racing them for higher prices and winning. 10 of my winners circle pictures came from one partnership with them. Very very good. The run mainly at Penn National and Philly but they know how to pick claiming horses and win with them. They are always starting new partnerships on horses and you can buy in for as low as $500 now I think. It might be $1000 min. Ok, going out to celebrate my buddies birthday. Everyone take care and GO Philliies!

Old Post 04-26-03 02:12 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: