StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Statfox Power Ratings?
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
nasche

Statfox Power Ratings?

Hey guys just wondering if you could explain how these numbers are generated?

They are on the statfox homepage:

http://www.statfox.com/mlb/power/default.asp?ViewType=R

Old Post 04-25-03 10:06 PM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

I can tell you the basics of it without giving exact details. The rating takes into account several factors such as wins-losses, key team statistics, strength of schedule. The current ratings go back into last year sometime, and cover a lot more games than just the current seasons 20+ games. This is to avoid overreacting to streaks, and reward teams who have performed consistently over a longer sample of time,

With the current power rating method, a team like Kansas City would have to play another month or two of good ball to find themselves near the top. As the season wears on, you'll find a closer relationship develop to the actual standings.

Hope that answers your question

Steve

Old Post 04-25-03 10:18 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Kiwi@NZ

Steve,can you give me a bit more detail on the key team stats,reason being is that I also make my own power ratings andI
don't want to factor in key stats if you have already have them factored in.

Old Post 04-25-03 10:35 PM
Kiwi@NZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi@NZ Edit post   Report post
nasche

Are you not disclosing the info because it is too detailed or because it is sensative for Fox? Do you completely generate the stats in-house or do you look at other's ratings ie Sagarin and the like? If possible I would love to know the total picture of factors...not necessarily the weighting though. Might want to incorporate it into my handicapping. Thanks much!!!

Old Post 04-25-03 10:37 PM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

I will look into the request of releasing all the factors included. Not sure how the StatFox team will react to that??

Anyway, the formula is completely in-house developed. Last I heard, Sagarin was using our rating in his formula! wink, wink

Steve

Old Post 04-25-03 11:35 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nasche

Nice...thanks. Don't get in trouble!

Old Post 04-25-03 11:42 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: