StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Star System 22-3 +15.55 units $592 bankroll
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Star System 22-3 +15.55 units $592 bankroll

I'm going by my bankroll, since I placed the bet on Oakland yesterday at -365.

Today's play would seem to be Kansas City which currently at Canbet is +109 so today's bet will be $59 to win $64.31.

Good Luck

Old Post 04-24-03 06:38 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks Nick,

I think that bump in the road last night will be worth a good laugh in a few weeks.

Your system pushes patience (something very much needed in winning long term) even though your BR was halved on one play.

Keep up the great work.

Old Post 04-24-03 06:44 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nasche

close though

I see KC with 40 but Oaktown with 36...the update will probably not happen before opening pitch for KC...I guess we go with that, but what would you do Nick if Oakland becomes start play after KC starts...should we place another 10%? may not happen but just getting a feel for all this. Thanks!

Old Post 04-24-03 06:44 PM
nasche is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nasche Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

money management

Nick, I am confused about your money mgt plan. I thought you were betting enough to make 10% of your banroll in every bet and then when you lost, you would bet enough to make up for the loss. From what I read today you are betting 10% of the present bankroll. I know this is probably a personal preference kind of thing and I have my own ideas, but just wanted to know what worked for you in the past.

Old Post 04-24-03 06:53 PM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Normally with a -220 average chasing a loss is possible since you only lose 25% of your bank. With yesterday's loss chasing that loss is not possible. If the system still stays at 80% the ratio of wins is still on track since I predicted 8x bankroll each month. Still 6 days to go to reach $800.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:02 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nathaninirvine

KC Wins

Congrats to all those who took KC.....Feels good to get that A's disaster out of the system from last night....

Cheers

Old Post 04-24-03 10:18 PM
nathaninirvine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nathaninirvine Edit post   Report post
Quiet Jim

Nick

I don't know what you just said but Rookie is right bet should be 54 for 58.86 If you're posting numbers you should be consistent or explain why you changed.

Old Post 04-25-03 12:43 AM
Quiet Jim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Quiet Jim Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Cut the guy some slack. He's making everybody a lot of money.

I'm sure he has better things to do than post here all day... I am appreciative of his insight... lets not go out of our way to get rid of him.

IMO.

Old Post 04-25-03 12:49 AM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
Betman

Quiet Jim

I guess the whole concept of gratitude must be foreign to you.

Old Post 04-25-03 12:54 AM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

maybe quiet jm should be just that..........................shhhhhh

Old Post 04-25-03 01:00 AM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Quiet Jim

Normally I would bet to win 10%, but as KC was a small dog, why not bet 10% and try to get some money back from the Oakland loss the day before. It's not written in stone to do what I do, I just post what I'm doing, everyone can do whatever they are comfortable with.

Old Post 04-25-03 04:41 PM
happyhemper

? 4 NICK

if a line is say -220 and you are betting to win %10 of your bankroll (let's say you want to win $59 with your bankroll at $590), what formula do you use to figure out how much to bet.
also if you lose a game are you doubling up just to recoup your losses or to still win an additional %10 on your original $590.
do you still do that bet every game and every side thing/how's that going
hh
bye the way nick, you seem like a helluva guy, you always seem to get back to people right away and never have anything bad to say about anyone, wish i could contribute as much as you but my hands are so tied being at work all day i just don't have the time to do as much research as some members here seem to do so i just hop online from tome to time. i do like the looks of this star system thing you've got going here however and i like that fact that you say you can do it in 15 minutes. think i'm going to have to try it. if i make even half what you seem to be on pace to make i'd be happier than a pig in you know what! if that happens, i'm only an hour away from you, i'd have to make a point of driving down just to buy you a beer. thanks again for the help, much appreciated by me and i'm sure everyone else on here.
hh

Old Post 04-25-03 07:19 PM
happyhemper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for happyhemper Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

HH

To figure out what to bet incase your book doesn't have that option, just multiply the line by what you want to win, in today's example the bankroll is at $656 and the play is -289 you want to win $65 so multiply 65 x 2.89 for your bet amount = $187.85.

If the line is over -250 it's not worth it to chase the loss plus the profit, just in case you have a 2 day loser and there goes your bankroll. If it's less than that I will risk it, and also gain back the profit.

For the across the board I have stopped for now since the games/teams still getting into their groove, will start again on May 1.

I'm lucky I have my own business where I can work hours I need, so I'm able to spend time to do stuff on here. Come down sometime and we'll have a Sleeman's.

Old Post 04-25-03 08:17 PM
Betman

Nick

Just out of curiosity, what kind of business do you operate ? I am into cosmetics myself.

Old Post 04-25-03 08:21 PM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

More Gambling business for me LOL

I own a lottery kiosk.

Old Post 04-25-03 08:25 PM
Betman

Talk about a die hard gambler LOL

Old Post 04-25-03 08:26 PM
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

NIck...........You ARE my hero ;-)

Old Post 04-25-03 08:29 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: