StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Statfox ! Tell us your story
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
defcon

Statfox ! Tell us your story

We want to hear it all : how it all started, who came up with the idea, who developed the amazing star rating system, what difficulties did you encounter in the beginning ?

You, gentlemen, have left the competition in the dust and you have a great success story to share with all of us.

I have great respect for entrepreneurial minds who pursue their own vision, lead the crowd and refuse to follow it.

You have earned bragging rights and all privileges associated with it.

Old Post 04-24-03 02:43 AM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Rich

Thanks for the kind words defcon.

It's always nice to hear that others appreciate all of the hard work we put into the site.

Our story, in short, is a unique one. Our team is made up of a small group of long-time friends, all from the same small high-school. We all grew up enjoying sports and dabbling in handicapping.

After college and misc. jobs, we came together, combined our unique talents and started StatFox. We've been online for 3 years now and the company is doing great. We love a challenge and have big plans for StatFox in the future.

We hope you all can join us for the ride!

I hope the other StatFox guys will add a little to the story as well.

Rich

Old Post 04-24-03 03:18 AM
StatFox Rich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Rich Edit post   Report post
rpp

I know the statfox staff.

I went to the same high school as these guys and still play hoops with them and I will tell you I thought they were crazy! Yeah they had a great idea but it was unheard of 3 years ago just sports information. But I will have to tell you that these guys are the most hard working buch you will ever meet and to that I see Statfox becoming even better. Keep up the good work and as Don King says "Only in America."

Old Post 04-24-03 06:50 AM
rpp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpp Click here to Send rpp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ladyluck
StatFox Hall of Famer

Statfox

Three years ago i happened to attend a handicapping seminar in Vegas, and one of the guys was giving a trial promotion to statfox. I was a fairly inexperienced handicapper, and at first, found the sheets to be 'overwhelming". I didn't join right away, but kept coming back, looking at the free sheet and free stuff and during baseball that season decided to give it a try..Have never regretted it. It has been one of the most valuable tools i have ever had in handicapping and it continues to improve. What i have found ..you can't beat the stats offered anywhere else on the net. I haven't even looked in the forum until this week, but will probably be popping in here more often to check things out when time permits...It seems there are a lot of people trying to help each other out. I like the fact that you are sharing how you use the sheets and successful things that you've discovered. I Personally solely use the pitching stats in handicapping baseball....Thanks statfox...you have helped me provide a supplementary income and be successful at a very enjoyable hobby.

Old Post 04-24-03 05:02 PM
ladyluck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladyluck Click here to Send ladyluck a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Betman

ladyluck

We are looking forward to the day when you will share your handicapping secrets with the rest of us.

A woman on board. How about that ? :-)

Old Post 04-24-03 05:17 PM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
Luke952

i met a few of the statfox guys in vegas last year. all real nice.

they definitely know what they're talkin about and i learned a lot about their foxsheets from talking with them.

something that really stood out to me was they made sure i realized they were not a pick service in any way. they don't want to be included with the feists of the world. they compared themselves to morningstar of the financial industry. morningstar evaluates stocks and is a tool to help investors make decisions. which is alot like The FoxSheets!

Old Post 04-24-03 06:00 PM
Luke952 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luke952 Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

Great Topic!

I'd like to echo Rich's comments in that we all greatly appreciate the kind words from everyone regarding StatFox. The brief history has been touched upon, but I think its important to note that the guys behind StatFox have been successfully using these types of handicapping strategies for a dozen years or so, not just since the site went live in ’00. Everything you currently see on StatFox and the FoxSheets certainly wouldn’t have been possible without some major risk taking and dedication from what is a great team of guys. It’s certainly been an exciting few years! From my own standpoint, I nearly sent my wife into cardiac arrest when I told her that my Engineering career was behind us and StatFox is what the future held for our family!

Perhaps the greatest testament to the commitment StatFox has for its service is the fact that we all use it ourselves, and we hate losing. We’re not “tech geeks” (at least some of us!) but rather normal guys who grew up loving sports and statistics. Naturally, our interest in the point spreads ensued. Fittingly, when the idea was growing, online subscriptions were becoming more and more popular, and the information on the FoxSheets was a ideal fit. Hence a business model was formed and the team pressed on.

Those of you who have been with StatFox from the beginning have witnessed first hand our dedication to constantly improving what we offer. We realize that “paying for stats” isn’t for everyone, so we’ve committed ourselves to somewhat of a “Cadillac” identity, exclusive to those who share the same commitment and passion for sports handicapping that we do. Many of you have individually experienced this type of instantaneous and personal customer service. Furthermore, rest assured that every decision we make is with our member’s interests at heart, whether it be in design, content, or service. We hope you’ll embrace the upcoming BIG changes, which will surely leave the competition further behind in the dust, as Defcon so deftly put it.

Its certainly been a pleasure being part of the team that has put StatFox together, but its been even more rewarding watching it gain the respect of people who never thought something like this was possible.

Thanks for the support everyone, and keep up the great work on the forum. We look forward to a long relationship with each one of you, and hopefully we’ll meet more of you at the gaming show in Las Vegas in September. Stay tuned for more details.

Steve

Old Post 04-24-03 08:21 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'll have to make that event in Vegas this year.

Minus the banner ads, I think this site is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Congratulations.

Without the banner ads, how much would membership cost?

You don't have to answer that.

Old Post 04-24-03 08:27 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Rich

JustDave,

We removed all banners from the FoxSheets. Advertisers weren't thrilled with that idea.

Who knows, maybe someday StatFox will be banner free!

Old Post 04-24-03 08:55 PM
StatFox Rich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Rich Edit post   Report post
ladyluck
StatFox Hall of Famer

Gaming show

I usely see a representative from statfox at the handicapping seminar in August..Is there going to be one in September this year..i may have to change my monthly visit...

yes,,,i am female and i only post in one forum on the net. They know me there as "southernfox"! I'm married to a former coach (who doesn't gamble on anything but poker and golf) and i took this up as a hobby. If i was going to be forced to watch every sporting event on TV..might as well try to supplement my income..;-)! I have decided to limit my handicapping to NFL and baseball, the two i have the most success with. I can be streaky, and would feel really badly if someone lost a bundle because of my plays. Today i posted Boston (ugh!) and normally wouldn't play a game with that much juice, but saw real value in the play..yea,,,,right!!! Tonight i am coming back with Houston...

Good luck to everyone

Old Post 04-25-03 12:37 AM
ladyluck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladyluck Click here to Send ladyluck a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I, for one, think StatFox and the Foxsheets are incredible!! I am so happy I became a subscriber.

Betting sports, especially baseball, without the Foxsheets is like having sex without your tool....how do you do it!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work StatFox.

Dog

Old Post 04-25-03 03:48 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
StatFox Rich

Great quote DevilDog!

That may make it into some of our promotional materials. :-)

Rich

Old Post 04-25-03 04:36 AM
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tees

Where's my T-shirt? That is one cool logo. Would look good on a white or black shirt. Heck, give me one of each in large and throw in a hat and you make my Christmas list. Great site, The Q-man.

Old Post 04-25-03 02:24 PM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: