StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Any other systems?
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

Any other systems?

Still love that STAR system, 20-2, unbelievable, thank you STATFOX!
Wondering if anyone else has discovered anything.
I posted earlier today an angle on home underdogs that is a combined 45-27 this season. Pretty incredible for dog plays.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Old Post 04-22-03 06:51 AM
jeffn86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffn86 Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

jeffn86.....

I must be blind.....can't find your dog system. Thanks

Old Post 04-22-03 07:54 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

Here's a streak to keep an eye on......
So far it's 4-0, but needs more research.

Go through the Sheets and under the "STATFOX MATCHUP POWER TRENDS" and "STATFOX SITUATIONAL POWER TRENDS", find the teams w/ unbeaten moneyline trends.
For example: "MONTREAL is 6-0 (+6.1 Units) against the money line vs. teams outscored by opp by 1 or more runs/game on the season this season", also count reverse trends such as: "DETROIT is 0-7 (-7.0 Units) against the money line after 2 or more consecutive road games this season"

Write down the teams with these trends and write down how many of the trends there are for each of those teams.

Then write how many stars each of these teams has using Nick's Star System.

Then find the team w/ the highest win total for the season.

When you are done you could possibly have three plays, or you may only have one play.
But the plays are:
1) Team w/ the highest number of perfect trends (Today's was Oakland, yesterday Yankees)
2) Team w/ the highest star total (Today Oakland, yesterday Orioles)
3) Team w/ the highest win total for season (Today Yankees, yesterday Yankees)

Anxious to see what tomorrow's plays will be once the sheets are updated.
A trend that has never been beaten is hard to beat, LOL.

Old Post 04-23-03 10:00 AM
jeffn86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffn86 Edit post   Report post
jeffn86
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just a quick note to avoid confusion, the reverse trends like
"DETROIT is 0-7 (-7.0 Units) against the money line after 2 or more consecutive road games this season" would be a trend in favor of Oakland, not Detroit.
Sorry guys, but, yes, that would've confused SOMEBODY out there.

Old Post 04-23-03 10:03 AM
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

jeffn86......

Thanks very much and GL

Old Post 04-23-03 05:52 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

constantly looking

The last thing I been looking at went 8-0 yesterday, I think its probably a fluke need more decisions. Play on the team with the advantage with the stars only if the estimator agrees with it and the Las vegas line is higher than statfox's line. I actually stumbled on to this, because I was actually looking for the opposite. Lines where Statfox showed value. The only logic behind it would be that the LV lines is better than the Fox line, Nah, no way(just kidding). Anyway I will keep track of it.

Old Post 04-23-03 06:17 PM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Rookie

I know it's irrelavant in this forum but I make a lot of money betting my local proline sports lottery this way. Whenever the line differs by more than 3% from the Vegas line I bet the opposite on proline. Very effective for some walking around money.

Old Post 04-23-03 06:21 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bDnews
StatFox Hall of Famer

rookie

are you using the line on the estimator or the powerline?

Old Post 04-23-03 11:28 PM
bDnews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bDnews Click here to Send bDnews a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

The line on the estimator is what I am using.

Old Post 04-24-03 12:48 AM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

ANY team with a star advantage, or with a 20 or more star advantage? For what it's worth, since Sunday, I've done totals in the NHL and MLB with the star system. MLB is only 2-1 ATS, and the NHL is 2-0-1. The loss in MLB came when the stars picked the under, and the Yankees beat the Twins 15-1. The NHL push came in the Vancouver game last night. Tonight, the top star pick (67 star differential) is the UNDER in the Twins/Royals game.

Old Post 04-24-03 01:16 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

With a star advantage. I might be worth looking into the 20 star criteria. I was also thinking about only using the ones that show and advantage in stars in all three categories. I been looking at the totals also, but there I want to make sure I have at least a 0.5 advantage in the estimator. Also sometimes when you try to bet it and the line has moved against you. That happened to me today so I went with the under in the Phi game instead of the top rated star play.

Old Post 04-24-03 01:29 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Proline

Nick, when Vegas is higher than Proline you bet against the Proline picks?

Do I have that right?

Old Post 04-24-03 01:45 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Bytore

When the Proline picks are higher than the vegas line, I'll bet the Proline picks. For some reason they seem to win that way more often.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:14 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FastEddie222

What is proline?

What is Proline?

Is that a web site?

A line service?

??

I missed something

Thanks FastEddie

Old Post 04-24-03 04:42 PM
FastEddie222 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FastEddie222 Click here to Send FastEddie222 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

It's a local to each Canadian province sports parlay lottery. I live in Ontario and it's called Proline here. We can parlay between 3 to 6 games on each ticket for a min $2 bet. Odds aren't great but dogs have good value if they win.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:48 PM
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

contrarian system

The system I am tracking went 3-3 yesterday, total 11-3, still to early to tell. I think I am going to modify it to just include the ones where there is at least a 0.20 cent diff. in the line. That should make it better I think.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:00 PM
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

By the way todays plays would be Chi, Oak and Sea.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:02 PM
happyhemper

what town

Hey Nick!
See you're a fellow Ontario boy!
What town are you from?
hh

Old Post 04-24-03 07:27 PM
happyhemper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for happyhemper Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

hh

Small town just east of Hamilton.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:49 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: