StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Baseball Cappers.....
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Baseball Cappers.....

does anyone put much into what a team's record is when a certain pitcher is pitching. Example would be tonight's game between Boston's Wakefield 3-0 team record against Texas Thomson 0-4 team record. I remember an oldtimer at the track telling me that's what he would include as one of the top things to consider when capping Baseball. Thanks

Old Post 04-23-03 10:13 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

of course.........

Old Post 04-23-03 10:17 PM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

CJB.....

might seem like a dumb question, but it's a question coming from someone who is not a Baseball capper, but is trying to get some **** together. Thanks

Old Post 04-23-03 10:21 PM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

CJB needs a hug.

Old Post 04-23-03 10:26 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Pete Rose.....

LOL, it is a dumb question, but if you don't ask.....LMAO

Old Post 04-23-03 10:33 PM
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Team Records

Jack, that is a legitimate question. Sometimes a pitcher can be doing real well but does not get the run support from his teamates and in other situations the opposite occurs. A team might get a few runs but that is all the pitcher needs. For instance in the past it would be safe to have 3 runs from Boston with Perdro pitching. I don't know if this is coincedence or not but it is definately worth taking into consideration. I don't feel there is a direct corrulation between hitting from one team and the pitcher they have throwing that day. In a lot of the cases however, Aces will be facing Aces and the pitcher is just not good enough to uphold the teams "inabilities" in hitting. Hope this helps. The Q-man

Old Post 04-23-03 10:37 PM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

sorry

I meant JAKE, not Jack. My bad

Old Post 04-23-03 10:38 PM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

theqman.....

thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Since subcribing to this awesome site of StatFox, I'd really like to take a shot at capping Baseball, and in doing so I'm looking for things to put in my tool box, so questions dumb as they may seem to me, I'll have to ask. I usually head to the track after I finish with the NBA, but I'm spending all that time trying to learn how to cap Baseball. Thanks again and GL

Old Post 04-23-03 10:48 PM
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

One more thing

Another thing to consoder is the way baseball is a game of streaks. It is always helpful to see what a pitchers current form is (last 3 games is usually what I look at). For instance his SO to Walk ratio, hits to innings pitched ratio, and the teams current W/L streak. These are just a few examples of what to look for and not meant to soley base your opinion on. You can go all day and do hours of research to get what you think is the best play on the board and find out it loses 10-1. That's just baseball. But keep in mind, NEVER BET ON A STREAK TO END!!

Old Post 04-23-03 10:57 PM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I found this site today

Jake, I was looking for boxscores to help me trade. I need to know good sell points when winning.

I found this site. Pretty impressive!

http://www.retrosheet.org

Old Post 04-23-03 11:25 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

theqman.....

once again, Thank's appreciate your help.

Old Post 04-23-03 11:27 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: