StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > My horse racing Friday at Calder
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

My horse racing Friday at Calder

The horse I talked about before on here, Cinnamon Light, is racing Friday for the first time in Florida at Calder Race Course. I was hoping for turf but it is on dirt and the very very cheapest race she has raced so far. She has a chance in a field of not very special horses. She might be a small bet at 10-1 or higher. She is coming from New York to Florida. And that is normally a good angle. When she hits the Turf she should be a solid bet. Friday she is an ok bet because of the class drop and change in tracks.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:01 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Race # if you know?

Old Post 04-24-03 04:02 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I meant when you know, thanks.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:02 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

These are the entries from Calder on the 25th:

10th (16:42)

6 Furlongs Dirt Fillies 3 & 4 Year Olds
Maiden Claiming 12500-12500 Purse: $7,500
Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Slews Mistress Yaranga Y 115 12,500
2 Alphagirl Arango L E 115 12,500
3 Date Me Toribio Aurelio Jr 115 12,500 Blk-Off
4 Fabulous Caper Garcia J A 115 12,500
5 New York Gold Maragh A 115 12,500
6 Cinnamon Light Camejo O 122 12,500 Blk-On FTL
7 Save The Moment Monterrey R 108 12,500 L
8 All Pride Love L 115 12,500 L
9 Pie A` La Moon Castro E 115 12,500 L
10 This Case Is Over Krigger K 115 12,500
11 Highlandflowergirl Hernandez C A 122 12,500 L
12 Babe's Flair Aguilar M 122 12,500
13 Fresquita Monterrey P 115 12,500 L
14 Forever Loving Castro E 108

Old Post 04-24-03 04:11 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks CHOP.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:14 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Race 10

It is race 10. I am not sure of the Wagering number yet. She has the 6 post position. She is also getting first time lasix. Has a different trainer. New Jockey. Lots of different things. Blinkers for the first time. It is sure time for her to wake up. Her half-sister or full-sister is racing in Race 7 on the same day. Her name is Tuscanny Light. She has done well. I am hoping our horse will take off soon. Time is ticking. I would worry mainly about the first time starters beating her. Save the Moment should be the favorite and could win. Tough call. C. Light has lots of reasons to wake up and run a good race. I guess we will see Friday.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:14 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

Breadman....

10th race.

bbaffert..... 4 year old maiden, Blinker's On, 1st Lasix, 122....OK and GL

Old Post 04-24-03 04:15 AM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks BB. I'm making plans for Trackside. (Arlington) I usually hook up every now and then on Fridays with a friend of mine.

Old Post 04-24-03 04:19 AM
Jake DeNiro
StatFox Hall of Famer

bbaffert.....

at the claiming price of 12,500 is the idea of losing her the reason for the shipping, or the higher 25,000-30,000 just too much for her at Aqueduct? GL

Old Post 04-24-03 04:35 AM
Jake DeNiro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake DeNiro Click here to Send Jake DeNiro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Jake

We paid 22K for her. She had a leg injury and the expenses on her have been more than average.

Ok, now your questions, first everyone in the partnership wanted to get her on Turf and Aqueduct was on the inner track when we moved her. That is the end plan. She is bred to like turf more than dirt and we had noticed that she really did not like having the dirt thrown in her face in any races. The blinkers added this time might block some of the dirt and keep her focused. I think those and the lasix could be nice positives. Plus, we did want to move her a little lower in purse structure to try and get her out of her maiden and start to recoup some of the money she has drained. The third and maybe most important reason is that she is a Florida bred and gets the a bonus in Florida. Lots of reasons to make the trip. I am waiting for the PP to see her sister Tuscanny Lights past performances in Race 7 that day. Honesty, it is a coin toss if she wakes up or not. All indications are that she is ready. Her last work is going to show up really slow but it was meant to be that way. I would not blow a huge wad on her Friday but if she does decent I would take a BIG look at her when she hits the turf for her first couple of tries. I have watched all her races on TVG and she does NOT like having dirt in her face. She was running a good race and then got up on the other horses and I could see her head turn as if to avoid the dirt hitting her. Maybe the blinkers and lasix will either get her to the front of the pack away from the dirt in the face. It is all a big guess right now. We had Bill Turner training her at the Q. He is a little better than Rydowski and he may be in Florida before long to work with her. The Managing partner says if she improves at all she can take this field. We will see.

Old Post 04-24-03 07:17 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: