StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Orlando +4_ & the Over??
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
John1180

Orlando +4_ & the Over??

I am going with Orlando today. I think they match up well against Detroit at both ends. Tracy McGrady is just too good a shooter. I question Ben Wallace's health. If Wallace is not 100%, I don't think that Detroit will be able to control the glass. Look for T-Mac to get quite a few second chance shots.

As for the over, Orlando has a real bad habit of letting teams match them jumper for jumper. I think Detroit will win a close high scoring game. This is one of those that could end up in overtime. I am picking Detroit to win 99-96. That score could easily end up in Orlando's favor though.

Old Post 04-20-03 06:00 PM
John1180 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John1180 Edit post   Report post
bbc

I have to disagree on this game. I don't normally fade the estimator on my NBA plays, but I think that the 4 points is just way too few for a #1 vs #8 matchup. Orlando is such a paper thin team with only McGrady capable of making a difference in a game. Don't think Detroit won't be ready for him.

I don't want to make the same mistake I made yesterday with Milwaukee. Defense is turned up a notch in the playoffs and from that standpoint this series is a mismatch. If anything was proven yesterday in the Mil/NJ game, its that there is a reason one team was seeded higher than the other.

In the other Eastern conference game, I like New Orleans +5. The Hornets and Sixers are way more evenly matched than Orlando and Detroit, and the dog is getting more points. This is one I think will be decided in the final minute and could go either way.

In the west, staying away today. I want to see how the early action in the Min/LA series shakes out before I play anything.

GL though...if McGrady can have a Paul Pierce like performance, Orlando could hang in it.

bbc

Old Post 04-20-03 06:11 PM
bbc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbc Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Playing Minny and over, and NO.

Every play I make is for the same $.

Went 2-3 yesterday with all the turnovers in the Utah game costing me a needed hoop for the over.

Good Luck to all! Keep it up in baseyball.

Old Post 04-20-03 06:33 PM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
LineTracker

Bread

I love the NO pick this may very well be one to push the grain unless BOSTON is for real which is unlikely but a good effort yesterday.

I wont chose in the LA game but the OVER is so prevalant I will prolly play second half numbers when presented. But curious what is on the MINNY team you like? KG? I mean is he enough? LA has stepped it up....

I actually like the LAKERS at -150

GL
LINE

Old Post 04-20-03 08:04 PM
LineTracker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LineTracker Edit post   Report post
Breadman
StatFox Hall of Famer

I know it's after the fact, just got home now.

Played Minny for a few reasons.
1- The Lakers would take this game lightly being the better talent and would win in seven anyways.

2- Thought Minny would give it their all to keep the advantage that they busted their ass all year to get and not give it up the 1st game.

3- Thought Minny might have more than one game-plan of attack for a victory. Lakers have the best assistant coaches (I've seen their results in the past) and took Minny out of their game. They seemed lost on their home court.

4- Whole net on LA and this has been a crazy playoffs so far.

5- Closing lines for the 1st day of the playoffs were 3-5 against the opening line. I know it's a small sample. So far today 1-1 with NO being the third play.

5- Minny previously dominating at home, dogs to a Laker team that not that strong on the road.

6- Another line move trend that I follow dictated Minny.

7- Minny cashed 5 of 6 as home dogs and 11 of its last 13 as home dogs of three points or less.

Old Post 04-21-03 01:26 AM
Breadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breadman Click here to Send Breadman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: