StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > learning from mistakes?
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

learning from mistakes?

After tough loses I always try to at least figure out if I miss something. There were 3 games today that I liked, NYM, Hou and Sl. Ny and Hou would fall under Nick's SS7 system and Sl had 31 stars plus the ss7 system. All three lost late in the game. The bullpens did them all in. But besides that, I noticed that NY and Hou did not have a " star" edge in the run line sheets. I am wondering if any of you looked at these games and saw something that could help in the future. thanks

Old Post 04-20-03 12:36 AM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
Betman

Oh, oh ! Mother greed has gotten to you, hasn't she ?

Stick with the star system top play everyday, bro and you will be riding in limousines by the end of the season.

Old Post 04-20-03 12:43 AM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

It is not greed. I am trying to learn how to handicap using the sheets the best I can, using my own head and not depending entirely on someone else's ideas. Nick himself will tell you that he would like to hear our ideas. Together we can learn from each other and profit. Just using someone's system without searching for more is not enough. If we had stayed pat when Ford invented his model T we would have never gotten to the moon right?

Old Post 04-20-03 12:51 AM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
Betman

Oh, oh ! Father ego has gotten to you, hasn't he ? LOL

If it isn't broken, don't fix it and also you can't beat perfection. If your goal is to design a system which can achieve 80% winning rate consistently, you are fighting overwhelming odds.

How can you expect to show a consistent profit when you are betting on so many games in a single day ? In the long run, you will end up in a cleaners for people on welfare.

A successful gambling career requires both patience and wisdom. There is a fine line separating poor judgement from a sorry lack of common sense. Don't be so eager to cross it so easily.

Focus on one game and one game only per day and use a system which has shown a winning track record.

Old Post 04-20-03 01:04 AM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

O.K. Betman, lets just say we have different opinions. I enjoy the challenge of handicapping and like to improve my abilities. You like to profit on your gambling (like we all do) but learning how to handicap is not a priority. No problem, different strokes......

Old Post 04-20-03 01:41 AM
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Some times you win, some times you lose. Don't over analyze. The top play was Kansas City and they won easy. Just play that game if using the Star System.

If the Star System sub plays were perfect every time there would be no need to do anything but add up stars and look at the game estimator.

Dog

Old Post 04-20-03 04:16 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
REB

Stars

You don't need a star system to tell you to play on SF, NYY, BOS
Play against DET CIN CLE
The Best and the Worst at this point. IMO
Only play the stars for the top play which is usually a no brainer anyway.
Later

Old Post 04-20-03 04:52 AM
REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for REB Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Hmm

Pretty good but I think Oakland is better than Boston. They are getting their bats warmed up finally. They will be a great team to bet on the next few months.

Also, think Cinn is pretty bad but Milwaukee is worse, even though I am mad they blew my parlay today in 14 ininnings. Just my opinion. They have gotten a few lucky wins but they are pretty bad.

Betting against any of these four or against is a decent idea I have been tinkering with. The only problem is the ML odds line. Vegas knows these teams are weak and the line always shows it. Saying that I do look to these teams and a few starting pitchers for most of my bets. It is surely a starting point for winners. Plus The FoxSheets which I am about to renew my membership for tonight.

Old Post 04-20-03 05:07 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm with you guys that recommend focusing on one game.

So, today is 4/20 and you have 2 options.

Do you go with KC against Detroit's losing streak, or do you go with the top star system play?

Old Post 04-20-03 02:04 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm thinking both.

It's hard not to go with the 'sure thing' in KC on Easter Sunday.

Old Post 04-20-03 02:08 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: