StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Take Advantage Of Betting Against Tiggers With M.L. Know!
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Take Advantage Of Betting Against Tiggers With M.L. Know!

It's only a matter of time till Vegas is just going to have a run line on these Tigers games! Trust me there only going to take beating so long! Just my opinion! Anyone else have any input.

Old Post 04-18-03 08:45 PM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

My book has already said to "make hay while the sun shines". He said by the end of the month if less than 2 wins he will shut it down.

might have to call my other one and see what he says.

anyone else????

Old Post 04-18-03 08:47 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nefarious

I see huge value in Detroit again this weekend. I imagine many bettors are avoiding the Detroit fade at this point because "It's got to happen (a win) eventually." I disagree.

D. May is better than his numbers suggest. If he's off today, KC will pull him fast, just like they did in his first outing.

I'm very confused by this line, though. Who is betting the other side? The answer is either: the public, the sharps, or nobody.

I don't think the public is ready to bet on Detroit. If the sharps are, then I guess I'm just a dumb public schmoe. I must consider the possibility that nobody is -- that the books keep the number low to give the illusion that Detroit has a chance.

Getting KC+110 on the RL? This seems obscenely out of whack to me, and I'm all over it. Got plenty of insurance on the ML, too. Hope I haven't been trapped.

nefarious

Old Post 04-18-03 09:01 PM
nefarious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nefarious Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

I've been trying to figure this out as well.

Are the books intentionally keeping the lines low to fool people into thinking they know something?

I just don't see it. I've been watching Detroit very closely. At this point in the season, they are one of the worst professional baseball teams I have ever seen.

The players have already cashed it in. They know things will get worse before they get better.

We need to ride this as long as we have the ability to do so.

KC wins tonight by 4 or 5.

Old Post 04-18-03 09:14 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Its quite simple why the line is so "low"

Cornholio got the Tigers' only win this year. Watching him on MLB-Extra-Innings, he had good stuff that afternoon.

May's last game was a disappointing loss to an anemic Cleveland team giving up 3 earned runs in 4 innings.

These facts alone get enough action on the Tigers tonight. I do see the line moving up though. I got KC at Canbet for 185.

GL, I don't see a cake-walk, but a "w" is a "w"

Old Post 04-18-03 09:21 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

The line on KC actually just moved down at Olympic

from -175 to -74

Maybe the mystery HP ump put a little something on the Tigers!?

Old Post 04-18-03 09:33 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

This is like a Twilight Zone episode. Maybe the game will be shown in black and white on tv and Rod Serling will be doing play-by-play.

Old Post 04-18-03 09:37 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
nefarious

Cornholio was given that win. The White Sox had no problem hitting him, they just left everybody on. If memory serves me correct they left 14-16 on base during that debacle. Seems more a fault of the White Sox than an advantage for Detroit.

I'm going to need more than few drinks by the time this one plays. It's my biggest play in recent memory.

Old Post 04-18-03 09:43 PM
nefarious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nefarious Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I with you. I'm large on this game as well.

Old Post 04-19-03 12:01 AM
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

nefarious

14 to be exact

Old Post 04-19-03 12:22 AM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Hmm!

I think Detroit might win tonight. They have a little better pitcher. They did get a few hits last night and had a few scoring opportunities. With that said. I am leaving the game alone. I do not think KC is that good. Detroit could slip one by on them tonight. I think that is why the line is not huge. Smart money might be on the Tigers. I would love to ride this train but tonight I am gonna take a leap off, at least for a day or two.

Old Post 04-19-03 12:22 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

baff......

if you jinx me on this one........dont open your mail for year....lol jk

Damn, its such a long train...hard to lay off

Old Post 04-19-03 12:27 AM
Kiwi@NZ

Im with you on this one bbaffert
My numbers have the Detroit pitching staff with a slight edge over the Kansas pitchers,well 23% ...so I keeping out of this one

Old Post 04-19-03 01:19 AM
Kiwi@NZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi@NZ Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

pitchers

wont mean shiot here.

Did anyone else catch the stat about NL pitchers hitting better than all of Detroit???

All KC needs is 1 run. Sweeney and Beltran alone should get 3.

GAME ON!

KC 5
DET 0......1 if three walks in a row

Old Post 04-19-03 01:26 AM
Kiwi@NZ

Yes your probably right bashton ,It looks like Kansas has some big hitters in there lineup,well according to the stats,but as I'm new to the baseball handicapping gameso I'm only backing the teams that the key figures favour,until my confidence level rises
Just being safe.

Old Post 04-19-03 01:34 AM
Kiwi@NZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi@NZ Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tight one!

Sorry for being late with this. Detroit did give them a run or 3 for their money. I bet the ML on a 4 team parley that hit 3 of four, I pushed on and over/under. I just could not bet on KC. If KC throws a good pitcher at Detroit then the line will be big and KC should shut em down. They just did not have the pitcher and had to go extra inning to get the win. I am only glad I did not take the instinct and bet on Detroit. My bookie might have laughed at me. I did root hard for KC though cuz I know alot of people bet on them tonight. Milwaukee again for the Stros tommorrow. Sounds like the easiest money already. Miller can get his pitching back on track against this weak team. The Stros found their bats tonight and when that happens, especially Bagwell, they are tough to beat. Another tight game for the Tigers tommorrow. Might be their best chance to get a win in this series. Knotts has pitched well so far and the 3 runs they scored tonight was IMPRESSIVE, LOL. Gotta skip it. Think the Stros are the bet of the day right now. Night guys. Or morning. Gotta shut the eyes. Games start early tommorrow.

Old Post 04-19-03 08:32 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: