StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Groundball vs Flyball Records
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
megabump

Groundball vs Flyball Records

A few years ago I made a nice profit looking at team records vs certain types of pitchers. Groundball/Flyball pitchers and Power/Control pitchers. I got the stats off of a site that was meant for fantasy baseball, but its not around anymore.

Its a lot of work to do it yourself. You have to find the mean groundball/flyout outs and then divide the pitchers into groups. Same with balls and strikes thrown for power vs controls. I guess once all that is done its not that hard to keep W/L stats.

Does anyone know a site that already tracks any of this?

mb

Old Post 07-10-05 12:06 AM
megabump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for megabump Click here to Send megabump a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Danny H

Megabump,

I think I saw an article on this at baseball-insight.com

Also, covers.com shows the GB/FB ratios for the starting pitchers in Game Matchups, but unfortunately I could not find a listing of pitchers with these ratios anywhere. May be tedious having to go game by game, but not impossible.

DH

Old Post 07-10-05 02:08 AM
Danny H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny H Edit post   Report post
Computer Guru

I think MLB.com has those stats.

Old Post 07-10-05 03:12 AM
Computer Guru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Computer Guru Click here to Send Computer Guru a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: