StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MTSU/Miami-Ohio ???
StatSharp.com - Advanced Sports Betting Analytics
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MTSU/Miami-Ohio ???

This line started with Miami-Ohio favored by 3, and now has them as 2.5 point dogs with most of the action still coming in on Miami-Ohio. Does this scream "take MTSU" to anyone else?

www.twitter.com/mattyinmaine

Record since 1/1/2010: 19-7

Old Post 01-06-11 03:59 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Right there with you BWELL. Had the same type of thing happen with the toledo bowl game but the game landed right on 2 so I'm a little apprehensive to pull the trigger. Everything is saying play MTSU and big. What are your thought's?

Old Post 01-06-11 08:20 PM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

loud and clear

MTSU big

Old Post 01-06-11 08:29 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ATSLock

RML

Miami-Ohio from Fav by 2 now Dog +2.5,,that is 4.5 points different,,, a lot of money will be on MTSU tonight,,becareful guys,, the bottom line is,, Mia-Ohio should be Fav here,,,GL

Old Post 01-06-11 08:50 PM
ATSLock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ATSLock Edit post   Report post
unc4me84

FYI

The last 3 bowl games that had a lot of line movement were as follows:

UConn/Oklahoma--opened @ Oklahoma -17.5, moved to -14.5

line movement in favor of UConn

Result: Oklahoma covered by 13.5
------------------------------------------------
Michigan/Miss St.--opened @ Miss St -6, moved to -3

line movement in favor of Michigan

Result: Miss St. covered by 35
Mich St/Alabama--opened @ Bama -10.5 moved to -7.5

line movement in favor of Mich St.

Result: Alabama covered by 34.5

I'm not a big fan of using line movement to make decisions on bets, and I'm sure this has happened a lot more than 3 times this bowl season but this gives you an idea on how it can turn out.

Not to mention: Miami(OH) has the better ranked defense, avg giving up around 50 yds less per game than MTS.

GL with whatever you choose

Old Post 01-06-11 09:03 PM
unc4me84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for unc4me84 Click here to Send unc4me84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Imrightalot
FoxDen Hall of Famer

books throw these sometimes to fake the smart money on a game they have set or very strong opinion the other way

"Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck." -Don Shula-

Old Post 01-06-11 09:30 PM
Imrightalot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Imrightalot Click here to Send Imrightalot a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I just don't see MidTenSt winning this game but that line move sure scares me...

GL

Old Post 01-06-11 09:41 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jayhawk7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Imrightalot

I agree...I see major blowout. No way in hell do I wager my money on a crappy team, and MTS is just that!

42-10

Old Post 01-06-11 09:43 PM
jayhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayhawk7 Click here to Send jayhawk7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dawgzonelee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

the...

line movement doesn't mean much, until around 30 minutes before game... that's usually when the big boys hit... smile..... dzl

Old Post 01-06-11 09:49 PM
dawgzonelee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgzonelee Click here to Send dawgzonelee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dawgzonelee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i...

see another clue... mi/oh is + 2.5, & only +115 ml, at the same site... dzl

Old Post 01-06-11 09:57 PM
dawgzonelee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgzonelee Click here to Send dawgzonelee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Imrightalot
FoxDen Hall of Famer

mtsu team is terrible and miami oh is on the rise.

div-AA austin peay
la monroe
la laf
w. kentucky by 1
fl atl
and the only semi decent team they have beaten is fl int. by 1

Old Post 01-06-11 10:03 PM
Imrightalot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Imrightalot Click here to Send Imrightalot a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Slapaho

The difference between those 3 bowls with RLM and this one is that it's crossed zero. This has happened a couple of times this year, but most recently I remember it happening on 12/4 in the Cincinnati/Pittsburgh game.

It opened as a pick and then jumped to Cincy laying 1.5 to 2 at home and stayed that way until late Friday night/Early Saturday morning. Then, to support DZL's point, as game time approached the line swung all the way back across zero to Pitt laying 2... Obviously a classic steam move by an outfit... Pittsburgh ended up winning 28-10.

This isn't a game I'll be playing, but if I had to make a decision it wouldn't be until right before kick off and it would be completely dependent upon what the line did. I would take MTSU if it stays where it is, or (and I think this is more likely) if it moved back to PK or crossed it, I'd take Miami OH. Basically would just follow the money and get on whatever side they seem to be on.

Old Post 01-06-11 10:23 PM
Slapaho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slapaho Edit post   Report post
Slapaho

From what I can tell MTSU went from being a 1pt dog to a 1pt fav with one bet sometime in the morning on 1/2 which reeks of positioning for the "sharps" to hammer Miami OH tonight.

Old Post 01-06-11 10:26 PM
Slapaho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slapaho Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

FWIW

I'm on MTSU -130.

Since 2002, MAC Bowl Dogs are 0-17 S/U & 2-14-1 ATS L17.

Currently 57% on Miami O ML.

Old Post 01-06-11 10:33 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: