StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 8/29 MLB Selections
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

8/29 MLB Selections

I'm not locking in anything yet, but looking at tomorrow's card I see quite a few that I like, including:

Pittsburgh (-105) vs Cincinnati
Houston (-157) vs St Louis
Toronto (-140) vs Oakland
Minnesota (-107) vs Cleveland
NY Yankees (-105) vs Boston
Tampa Bay (-124) vs Baltimore

Hopefully I can narrow it down a little bit by tomorrow.

Old Post 08-29-07 05:40 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FINAL CARD FOR WEDNESDAY

3* NY Yankees (-109) vs Boston
-----------------------------------------
2007 MLB Record
April 63-56 (-4.79)
May 108-58 (+114.6)
June 39-42 (-40.26)
July 80-59 (+57.95)
August 45-55 (-15.51)
TOTAL 335-270 (+111.99)

Old Post 08-30-07 01:07 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I really ...

didnt want to see that pick, Southern Dandy Jr.....lol...

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer
"Lets make some music, make some money, find some models for wives...."MGMT
If your dog won't jump off a dock, it is just a mutt

ozarkmountaindockdogs@gmail.com

Old Post 08-30-07 01:51 AM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FINAL RESULTS (1-0, +3.0)

3* NY Yankees (-109) vs Boston -- WINNER

Old Post 08-30-07 04:36 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice job...

boston was part of jkaul's chase, and i am a homer for them....i am laid up sick for another day or so, lets see what we can come up with....

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 08-30-07 05:11 AM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Chris

Hope you get to feeling better. What are your thoughts on the Troy-Arkansas game? I can't believe Troy is getting 24. I would probably like them at 18 or 19, but the 24 looks like it is begging for Troy money in my opinion. Arkansas will probably win by 14 and I'll be kicking myself for not playing it.

Old Post 08-30-07 05:14 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Troy +28 (-120) 3*

I got this line when they opened and bought the hook....We have Marcus Monk out with a scoped knee, a DE that was suspended for felony possesion (i think) of pot and extacy, and I saw on ESPN that we are only expected to go 8-4. To further my case, I cant remeber a blowout in years, our QB has his little brother for a back up, so yes, we have two Dick's at the QB spot. I dont see David Lee, who left the Cowboys, really getting a passing game going while Huston Nutt is trying to win himself, I meant D-Mac, the Heisman. There is still a lot of turmoil in the great NW Ark. area. Last but not least, I think that D-Mac will get his 2 TD's, 30-50 yrds passing in the "WildHog offense" and take a long breather in the 2nd half, just to make sure he dosent get hurt before we travel to your neck of the woods to face Bama and Sabin.....just my two cents but I am playing for 3 units.

Old Post 08-30-07 05:30 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BTW...

I would still play Troy a 1* at +21 and 2* at +24, or tease it....I should be feeling better in a day or so, I have contracted poision ivy in my lungs, i can only focus for short amounts of time before the medication knocks me on my arse, but the good news is i am getting a 6 day weekend and not having to burn vacation days or sick time since my illness occured on the job, only wish i could be playing golf and drinking some cold bullets during this time....lol...and coughing too...

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 08-30-07 05:36 AM
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hope you feel better soon....give me a call when you get a chance.

Old Post 08-30-07 05:37 AM
not2good
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You still have MCFADDEN AND JONES who will run for a "million" yards against the Troy D. Troy will have no clue what to do against the Wildcat package Arkansas will run. Hell LSU could not even contain them and you think Troy will cover. Arkansas runs this MF in the ground IMHO.

Old Post 08-30-07 05:38 AM
not2good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for not2good Click here to Send not2good a Private Message Edit post   Report post
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

not2good...

i hear what you are saying, we also lost some seniors, and a coulpe were drafted from the defense, i also think that Troy has a solid QB, but that is just honest opinion, good luck on whatever play you make, and trust me, as an U of A alum, i never want to see us loose, only not cover. I have always respected your opinions and plays as i hope you do the same for me, but 4 TD's is a lot to lay for the home team...good luck though with however you play it....

chris

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 08-30-07 05:46 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Going with....

"Home Dog Under the Lights" avatar....chris creamers page is going to get a lot of hits this year between the two systems bnb....lol...

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 08-30-07 06:17 AM
not2good
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I respect you and your analysis. Just throwing mine out their from another point of view. Being an avid SEC (LSU) fan.

Old Post 08-30-07 06:30 AM
not2good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for not2good Click here to Send not2good a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Updated MLB Record

The MLB plays will be few and far between now that football is starting.

2007 MLB Record
April 63-56 (-4.79)
May 108-58 (+114.6)
June 39-42 (-40.26)
July 80-59 (+57.95)
August 46-55 (-12.51)
TOTAL 336-270 (+114.99)

Old Post 08-30-07 07:01 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: