StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 3-30-07 NHL Consensus (Put your puck picks here)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

3-30-07 NHL Consensus (Put your puck picks here)

Pimping and Ferndog were on the positive side of things last night. The Avs almost blew a 4 goal lead to hold on 4-3.

Lots of games tonight.

Tampa Bay at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Montreal at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Philadelphia at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
Washington at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Dallas at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Islanders at Buffalo, 8 p.m.
Columbus at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Phoenix at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.

Old Post 03-30-07 03:11 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dallas +120

Detroit hasn't scored more than 2 goals in each of its last 6 games. Dallas has scored 21 goals in its last 5 games. With Detroit's victory over Nashville, this price makes this game very enticing especially when your getting the better team IMO.

GL

Old Post 03-30-07 10:50 PM
DeepDraw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeepDraw Click here to Send DeepDraw a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Buffalo (1st 60 min) -½ -140 for Game

Buffalo has most of their injured players back. NYI is suffering from too many of these said injuries now, especially to their goaltending position. Buff should feast tonight, IMO.

GL

Old Post 03-30-07 10:58 PM
DeepDraw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeepDraw Click here to Send DeepDraw a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DegenerateJim

The Islanders are starting Mike Dunham in goal and he has looked horrible. I like the over 6.5 goals in this one.

Old Post 03-30-07 11:01 PM
DegenerateJim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DegenerateJim Edit post   Report post
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Trying to break out of a rut

The last three days have not gone my way. In light of recent events, and the fact that I’m frustrated with last minute meaningless goals, I’ve decided to try a new technique. Here’s what I have for today:

1. Washington Capitals/Florida Panthers
Total Points UNDER 6½ +100 for Game

Head to Head: Under is 9-2-2 in the last 13 meetings in Florida.
Under is 13-6-3 in the last 22 meetings.

2: Montreal Canadiens vs. (56) Ottawa Senators
Under 6½ (-115) for Game

Montreal: Under is 9-4-1 in last 14 Fri. games.
Ottawa: Under is 12-5 in last 17 Fri. games.

3: 3 Team Parlay #70908224

Moneyline (54) Florida Panthers -235

Moneyline (56) Ottawa Senators -230

Moneyline (58) New Jersey Devils -300

The totals are for 1 unit each.
The Parlay is for 2 units.

As always I welcome your comments and suggestions. Best of luck.

Old Post 03-31-07 12:48 AM
Carelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carelli Click here to Send Carelli a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Panthers -.5 -115
Sharks -1.5 -145

Old Post 03-31-07 01:29 AM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Damn Panthers could of at least of won in regulation for me.

Old Post 03-31-07 04:36 AM
DeepDraw
FoxDen Hall of Famer

update:

1) Dallas +120 (Winner)
2) Buffalo (1st 60 min) -½ -140 for Game (Winner)

Big comeback by the stars made this a winning night!

Old Post 03-31-07 04:44 AM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I've got to research the last time the Wings blew a 3 goal lead, all in the 3rd period no less!!!!!

Old Post 03-31-07 04:53 AM
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Final Update

A strong finish to the week. This is what I needed - as my frustration level was rising - but yet again for the 4th straight day in a row there was a meaningless goal scored in the final minute to lose my under. This is what my epitaph will read,

"Here lies John - he died from a last-second meaningless goal.....and we're all laughing at him."

Anyway, here's how the night went:

1. Washington Capitals/Florida Panthers
Total Points UNDER 6½ +100 for Game
RESULT: Total goals scored 5 ========================================
==========>WINNER

2: Montreal Canadiens vs. (56) Ottawa Senators
Under 6½ (-115) for Game
RESULT: Total goals 7. Ottawa was already up 4-2 and scores a goal with 32 seconds left. Just goes to show you can't trust senators from any country. ========================================
==========>LOSER

3: 3 Team Parlay #70908224

Moneyline (54) Florida Panthers -235
RESULT: Florida 3-2 in a shootout

Moneyline (56) Ottawa Senators -230
RESULT: Ottawa 5-2

Moneyline (58) New Jersey Devils -300
Joisey wins 3-1 ========================================
==>WINNER

TODAY: 2-1
UNITS: +3.43

WEEK: 7-8-8
UNITS: + 1.38

Now that I control the ML's, I made a profit with a losing record (and the luck of a 2 unit parlay).

Thanks and best of luck to everyone.

Old Post 03-31-07 04:53 AM
Carelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carelli Click here to Send Carelli a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

DeepDraw

Very nice call on the Stars. This one was too close for me to call, but I guess you have more guts than I do and it paid off. Congratulations.

"When luck shuts the door, you need to go through the window. That's where the skill comes in". - Doyle Brunson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNob...feature=related

Old Post 03-31-07 04:57 AM
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Is it just my perspective, or does it seem that the teams that are eliminated from the playoffs are playing better than teams that are in the playoffs.

"When luck shuts the door, you need to go through the window. That's where the skill comes in". - Doyle Brunson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNob...feature=related

Old Post 03-31-07 04:59 AM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well that's the pitfalls of wagering the last couple of weeks. You don't know which teams are in cruise control.

Old Post 03-31-07 05:14 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: