StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The ultimate Final Four experience
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The ultimate Final Four experience

I just thought I would share this with my friends here. This has been an unbelievable couple of days. I am here in Atlanta with someone who knows so many coaches. I have had the opportunity to meet at least 40 Div 1 coaches, and have pictures taken with at least 20. Just an amazing couple of days. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mike, give me a call if you get a chance. I'll be here through Monday night.

Old Post 03-30-07 07:09 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geminimoon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

great to hear

college basketball is amazing

the "team" is what makes a person so great. the more we use each other the better we will become!

quote by geminimoon

Old Post 03-30-07 07:12 AM
geminimoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geminimoon Click here to Send geminimoon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Y'all will love this...

I go up to Tubby Smith and ask him for an autograph.....he is signing and I told him "Good luck at Minnesota".....he says "oh no, I guess I should write Go Gophers"......

He signed Tubby Smith....Go Cats...and then wrote Go Gophers under that.....

Old Post 03-30-07 07:17 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

That is cool!!!

Old Post 03-30-07 04:02 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

That is not just agreat Final Four experience, but a phenomenal life experience as well. That autograph is a classic, what a great thing to have to remember it all. Have a great time in Atlanta. Have you seen/met John Thompson Jr? His son has been great at G'Town, but growing up I loved watching his father's teams.

http://unmetneeds.com/

LIFE: Sometimes you're the baby, sometimes you're the diaper

Old Post 03-30-07 04:24 PM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Chico - John T ompson III was actually the firstautograph andpicture I got. Actually, he took a picture with me after he finished handing out room keys to the players. I met John Thompson also, but he wasn't signing autographs. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that there hasn't been hardlyanybody around except other coaches, but almost all of them have been just as nice as they can be.

Old Post 03-30-07 05:03 PM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

if you see Frank Broyles, the AD of Arkansas....kick him in the balls for lying to the fans and telling us he had Billy Gillispie as our next head coach.....thanks brian

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer
"Lets make some music, make some money, find some models for wives...."MGMT
If your dog won't jump off a dock, it is just a mutt

ozarkmountaindockdogs@gmail.com

Old Post 03-30-07 06:18 PM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Frank...

he will be wearing a "Help Wanted" sign around his neck....you cant miss him...

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 03-30-07 06:18 PM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I haven't really seen any news, so I don'tknow what is being reported, but Gillespie told me he would be at A&M a long time.

Old Post 03-30-07 06:25 PM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

gillespie singed 2.5 million for 10 years....broyles said that billy was the only candidate for the job here but that has now backfired....keep your ears open, cause i am sure that the arkansas job is going to be a topic of discussion this week....especialy if broyles is lurking around...he is the John Gotti of college athletics...along with Roy Kramer.....have fun brian..i will try to keep in touch due to having to work this sat....

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 03-30-07 06:37 PM
WarEagle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brian - Try and get Mike together and let's grab a beer sometime over the weekend. PM me if it's a possibility.

Old Post 03-30-07 06:48 PM
WarEagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarEagle Click here to Send WarEagle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brian

Do me a favor and tip one up for me

Old Post 03-30-07 08:36 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sunnyisle
FoxDen Hall of Famer

glad you are

there having fun, but who do you like?

Old Post 03-30-07 09:20 PM
sunnyisle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sunnyisle Edit post   Report post
Trademark

Thats awesome Brian. I am glad you are having such a great experience. I was fortunate enough to get to go to a final four in 2001. It was an experience like none other, everyone should try and do it once if they get the opportunity. I was lucky enough to meet Coach Wooden and talked to Dicky V a few times...that pales im comparison to your list though! Keep having fun and enjoy the games. Later.

Old Post 03-30-07 09:28 PM
Trademark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trademark Click here to Send Trademark a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brian

Have a great time! Wow man what a blast. I am so jealous. Keep us posted

Old Post 03-31-07 02:19 AM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: