StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Craigers Superbowl selection
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Craigers Superbowl selection

Now before you go racing to the windows or your online site to throw your money on the Bears, lets reason with why this line is so high. Most people seem to think that even betting the moneyline on the Bears is a good thing. If you do, then I have some swamp land in China i would like to sell you.

The Bears are a team that is very lucky to be there. They have under performed much of the last part of this season. They were also extremely lucky against the woeful Cardinals, just ask Dennis Green "THEY WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!" Now let me translate the "They were who they thought they were" blast. What he meant was "I know this team (Bears) are not that good, they are beatable by any team in the NFL who can show up and play a half way decent game, even by our suck ass team" So telling, oh so telling. Now lets bring in the Green Bay game where Rex Grossman admitted he didnt prepare for the game. If you believe that, then I also have a bridge at the Santa Monica Beach I would like to sell you. There were some un named players on the Bears who feel that he did prepare, he just got his ass kicked and couldn't admidt it because he was gripping for his job, so he goes and makes things worse by saying what he said. What a moron. I sure can't put my money on a guy like that in a big game like this. In short, the Bears just aren't a good Superbowl team, sorry Bear fans, but the truth is the truth.

Indianapolis Colts, sure, have not exactly had a bang up year themselves, especially on run defense. However, they have improved and Dungy has busted their asses to make it even better. They had some missed assignments and some confusion but they seem to have most of that cleared up. Offensively, well, you have the best QB in football who has been in some big games, and finally, won a big game. He's more pumped up than Secretariat was before he won the Belmont by 31 lengths. No way he loses this.

Now the big question. Why is the line so high? Well, its because sometimes you just have to throw the regular season numbers out and see the game for what it is. A good team playing, at best, an average team. A good team that will put up at least 28-31 points up, against a team that would probably be doing back flips if it can manage 21. Thats why.

Play the Indianapolis Colts -7. Enjoy the game, I know I will. I have a tee time in San Diego that morning and will watch the game with some ice cold beer at a party afterwards. GL folks.

Old Post 01-31-07 09:09 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm with you, Craiger. This is gonna be one of those boring, blowout Super Bowls imo.

Old Post 01-31-07 09:30 PM
AkiraWulf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AkiraWulf Click here to Send AkiraWulf a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I have some questions

Don't you mean that the Bears OVERacheived? Also, do average teams have the bears' record? There is more to this chicago team than most people know or can understand. Perhaps they engage in human and animal sacrifice and have made dire pacts with lesser demons in the lowest pits of hell itself! I cannot say for sure but I think there is more H.P. Lovecraft than Lovie Smith to be credited for the bear's success this season.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 01-31-07 10:03 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No, they are under acheivers and Smith is a good coach, its just that he doesn't have the QB, or the team for that matter, to get it done.

Old Post 01-31-07 10:09 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TinCup7

Craiger

I'm with you 100% for several reasons. First I have to agree with Firemillen on the fact that the Bears do have a great record and have found ways to win ... it seems that when the offense is struggling the defense picks them up and vice versa (that is when Rex had his good games).

However with the veteran Peyton Manning so focused and with 2 weeks to prepare for a Bears defense that has been somewhat mediocre lately, I see no reason the Colts don't win this one by 10. Rex is young and will play a less than average game against a Colts defense that has gotten them through the playoffs.

Colts -7 is a winner

TinCup

Old Post 01-31-07 10:12 PM
TinCup7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TinCup7 Edit post   Report post
Blazing Redskin

Damn... I was about to play Chicago on the ML. Maybe I will re-think this and get back to you.

Old Post 01-31-07 10:16 PM
Blazing Redskin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blazing Redskin Click here to Send Blazing Redskin a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kctatum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Craiger

Hey i dont know about the Colts, but tell me more about this swamp land you have. I will use all my winnings from a great bears cover win to pay for it. Colts win it by a fieldgoal.

Hey Blazing i got you PM i will shoot you an email later.

GLTA

Old Post 01-31-07 10:22 PM
kctatum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kctatum Click here to Send kctatum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The swamp land has an excellent view of a nude beach, complete with electricity, major highways, and shopping centers.

Old Post 01-31-07 11:17 PM
quantum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bear food for thought

teams that are outrushed are 7-33 SU in Super Bowl history.

Colts gave up over 100 yards rushing in every regular season game.

give me better defense, better special teams, better running game AND 7 points, despite my obvious bias you can make a strong case for the bear.

Old Post 01-31-07 11:25 PM
quantum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quantum Click here to Send quantum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

quantum

I understand the being a Bears fan thing, but it just doesn't look good for them to win or cover.

Old Post 02-01-07 12:23 AM
quantum
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I will just keep sipping my great tasting Bears Kool-Aid my friend and deal with the hangover on monday

Old Post 02-01-07 12:26 AM
quantum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quantum Click here to Send quantum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

I Admire Your Confidence ...

But how can it "not look good" for the Bears to cover?

Berrian is a deep threat

Hester averages 26 yards per kickoff return, and should give the Bears decent field position

Wayne and Harrison haven't been the deep threats they have in seasons past

The Bears have TWO running threats, not one. If Addai isn't doing the job, who picks up the slack? Dominick Rhodes?

In which area is Indy DOMINANT? I couldn't find one

Old Post 02-01-07 12:30 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Chop

If you look at strength of schedule, plus the fact the AFC is a better conference, the bears special teams and defense will not do as well. now, their running game , I agree, is better than the Colts, However, I figure the Colts to get an early two score lead which will force Grossman to throw more than he wants to, which usually equals turnovers. GL man.

Old Post 02-01-07 01:03 AM
Actionbrett

In which area is Indy DOMINANT? I couldn't find one

Passing Offense, their defense has played better this postseason then Chicagos.

How come everyone says Chicago has this dominent defense? Havnt they average giving up 26 pts the last 7 weeks?

Yeah Hester could break one but id be more worried about his 6 muffs the last 4 games.

Craiger, how come you didnt buy it down to 6.5? GL

Old Post 02-01-07 01:07 AM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Grossman has played too many average games in a row

Old Post 02-01-07 01:08 AM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Craiger

I reviewed that info after reading your response, and I can understand some of your reasoning. GL

CHOP

Old Post 02-01-07 01:10 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

what about bob sanders?

I don't believe he is going to be 100% healthy for this game. If he is not you can forget about and indy cover..

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 02-01-07 02:21 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Weakness
Banned User

I got 2 words

DA BEARSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

BEARS WIN OUTRIGHT

Old Post 02-01-07 03:00 PM
The Weakness is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Weakness Click here to Send The Weakness a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Weakness

GL, you're going to need it.

Old Post 02-01-07 04:39 PM
The Weakness
Banned User

Craiger

Colts are not that good and grossman is not as bad as we make him out to be...this is his first full year starting and for what its worth hes not done half bad considering his lack of experience...there have been much worse qbs that have won the super bowl behind great defenses...Terry Bradshaw in 1974 had a 48.4 qb rating during the season i believe and threw way more picks then touchdowns...he won it...plenty more have won the big game behind horrid qbs..your gonna have to sell me more then just a bad quarterback when the bears qb isnt that bad...Defense wins championships and I believe the bears fast defense will fluster manning all night long...Colts are overrated and are favored by way too much

Old Post 02-01-07 04:44 PM
The Weakness is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Weakness Click here to Send The Weakness a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: