StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Service Plays
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
uthater
Banned User

Service Plays

Anybody got any service plays for the game tonight? I'm going with Osk but I am curious as to what finer and lang have to say.

Old Post 12-18-06 09:42 PM
uthater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for uthater Edit post   Report post
Steven
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Stu Finer says: "I love this game, I OWN this game!"

lol

Old Post 12-18-06 09:56 PM
Steven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steven Click here to Send Steven a Private Message Edit post   Report post
uthater
Banned User

Finer

Yeah he owns this one like he has owned games on the last five days. If anyone has been betting with him, they don't have any money to bet tonight's game.

Old Post 12-18-06 10:00 PM
uthater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for uthater Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Al McMordie

Indianapolis Colts--3*

"Don't give up. . .Don't Ever Give Up!" --Jimmy Valvano

Old Post 12-18-06 10:05 PM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
iceman2525

Lang

Cincy plus the points....Working on finer

Old Post 12-18-06 10:12 PM
iceman2525 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iceman2525 Click here to Send iceman2525 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Wayne Root

Indianapolis Colts--Millionaire Club

Old Post 12-18-06 10:26 PM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Ron Meyer

Indianapolis Colts--Monday Night Football GOY

Old Post 12-18-06 10:26 PM
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Marc Lawrence

Indianapolis Colts--5* Playbook GOY

Old Post 12-18-06 10:30 PM
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Phil Steele

Indianapolis Colts

Okay, this one bothers me because I hate being on the same side as Phil Steele. He's been awful this season!

Old Post 12-18-06 10:32 PM
uthater
Banned User

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. I am waiting for that guy to parody FIner again but he has not posted it yet. His act has gotten a litle tired but he is kind of funny.

Old Post 12-18-06 10:34 PM
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Os

Lol @ Os. Hey, at least Phil is gonna get this one right, good luck.

Let's do this Colts!!!!!

I'm on the other side of last night's teaser, I got Colts +4!

Old Post 12-18-06 10:36 PM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pogoduffy

Everybody has been all over the Colts defense, but how good is Cincy's???? They suck just as bad.

Indy at home....Enough said.

Old Post 12-18-06 11:27 PM
pogoduffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pogoduffy Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

30 DIME

Cincinnati Bengals

10 DIME

Oklahoma State

Note:
Wow. If's and butt's, if they were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry christmas.

Sometimes this business will break your heart and bring you to your knees and other times it will give you a high that will take you to the heavens.

Yesterday, I experienced both.

My top play as you all know was the Bills, a complete domination as perfectly analyzed. As soon as they went up 14-0, I was on cloud 9 and quickly switched over to pull in the Ravens.

Well, I was quickly brought down to earth when the Browns tied it at 17 only to watch the Ravens go deep and make it 24-17. Ok, may have a shot here.

Then, with just over 3 minutes to go and 1st and goal at the Browns 6, they run Jamaal Lewis to the 1, setting up 2nd and goal at the 1.

They run him into the line for no gain on 2nd down and try a QB draw with Boller on 3rd and goal from the 2 and settle for the field goal.

I knew right then, it was not destined to be my day yesterday.

In the afternoon, we saw what happened to the Cardinals, just flat out the wrong side, no qualms about that.

The icing on the cake was what happened in the Chiefs game down 7-3 early in the 2nd quarter. KC blocks the punt at the Chargers 10 yard line and the ball carrys past the line of scrimmage.

Instead of falling on it, the KC player tries to pick it up and run it in, he fumbles, the Chargers recover and get a new set of downs and LT reels off an 85 yard TD run on the very next play and for all intense and purposes, the cover, regardless of all the squandered opportunities KC had the rest of the way.

All told, a 1-3 day that could have very easily been a 3-1 day, a 5th straight winning week and all is well in the world.

However, somethings just aren't meant to be and you have to accept that and just move forward. If you came on board the last few days I understand your frustration, believe me, you have no idea how frustrated I feel from Sunday.

I guess "unsatisfied" would be the best way to explain it.

The best analogy would be you won the lotto along with 25 other people but were 1 number away from 100 million.

So that is all I have to say about Sunday. As I said on the outside, you can never be unhappy with back to back winning days with #3 in a row staring us in the face tonight.

Oh, but what could have been.

BENGALS
Now, I am not a head coach or offensive coordinator in the NFL, although I should be considering the stupidity I witness on a consistent basis.

So with that said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what the key is for Cincy to win this game tonight.

RUN THE FOOTBALL - MOVE THE CHAINS - WIN TIME OF POSSESSION

KEEP INDY OFFENSE OFF FIELD - LIMIT THEIR OFFENSIVE OPPORTUNITIES

The Colts just gave up 375 yards on the ground in Week 12 of the NFL. Their run defense is getting worse as the season is progressing, not getting better. That is what happens when you are last in the league at stopping the run.

You see, teams are supposed to improve as the season wears on, not get worse. That is the case with these two teams tonight.

Then Bengals have gotten healthy and have been getting progressively better the last 5 weeks.

I actually take you back to the Charger game at home, a game they jumped out to a 28-7 lead only to get caught up in the helter skelter comeback of San Diego in the 2nd half and lost a shootout.

They didn't stay down about blowing that 3 touchdown lead in that game. Instead, they came away with a renewed confidence and it has shown.

They have reeled off 4 in a row in all dominant efforts. At New Orleans 31-16, at Cleveland 30-0, Ravens at home 13-7 and the Raiders 27-10 in a game that should have been 45-10.

I want you people to really understand something right now. You can't be an elite team in the NFL if you can't stop the run. It is not going to happen.

Indy is bottoming out and that is the exact reason why. They can't put teams away because they don't have the ball. That is the reason why in their last 5 games, they were lucky to win 2 of them.

They struggled to beat Buffalo 17-16, lost to Dallas 21-14, beat a Philly team that can't stop the run themselves, then lost the last 2 weeks to Tennessee and Jacksonville, both of whom did exactly as I stated above, ran the ball right down their throat and beat them.

Indy is in trouble folks. Big trouble and there is nothing they could have possibly have done in the last 7 days since the J'ville game to correct their problems.

Seriously, let me put into perspective what happens to a team that gives up 375 yards on the ground in week 12 of the NFL. You are done.

You are not going to all of a sudden find new players to stop it. You are not going to go down to the beach and find a Genie bottle, rub it and Barbara Eden is going to pop out and grant you 3 wishes, one of which you will use to have her help you stop the run.

I have been calling Indy out all year saying to anybody who would listen that if you can't stop the run, eventually that is going to destroy you. It is happening right before our very eyes.

Lastly, I know about the statisitic that Cincy has the worst pass defense in Pro football. Yes, that may have been true early on folks, but in the last 3 ballgames they have gotten people healthy and it has shown.

One more thing about Cincy's pass defense. This entire year you know how many times they have given up over 300 yards passing? Twice in 12 ballgames. Only twice.

So them being last is not as last as that statistic would lead you to believe.

I am all over Cincy tonight and don't be suprised to see them win this game outright.

30 Dime Bengals

Old Post 12-18-06 11:47 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MTI KILLER SPORTS

OU Trend of the Week..over Indy
The Colts are 9-0 OU (+18.3 ppg) since week 13, 1998 when they suffered
a 10+ point ATS loss last week against a divisional opponent.

Old Post 12-18-06 11:56 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MARC LAWRENCE

Monday, December 18th

INDIANAPOLIS over Cincinnati by 6
Now this game will draw more interest than a Warren Buffet stock
tip. These two played last year in Cincinnati in late November and
went at it tooth and nail from the opening gun. The Colts prevailed
45-37 in what was one of the most exciting games of the year. Expect
more excitement and, maybe the same type of result. Cincinnati
has the worst pass defense in the NFL and will be trying to stop its
second best pass offense. For you statties, Indy is averaging 31 ppg
in its last 16 at home. Cincy is 3-24-1 ATS when allowing 28 or more
to non-division teams.

Old Post 12-18-06 11:57 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MARC LAWRENCE'S PLAYBOOK

NBA

Monday, December 18th

SACRAMENTO over Dallas by 10
Sacramento is in exactly the same situation as Denver. The Kings are
10-3 ATS in the series and are playing with same season revenge.
It's worth noting that when the Kings get revenge, they get it
both ways (34-1 ATS in their last 35 SU revenge wins.) Look for
more of the same here tonight.

Old Post 12-18-06 11:58 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

John Fina

Football for December 18, 2006

NFL - 3.5 units on Indianapolis Colts -2.5 (-125)

Cincinnati AT Indianapolis Game Notes:

Key NEVER LOST Winning Angle...

NL Winning Angle: Play ON [In this case the Indianapolis Colts] Monday night NFL home teams that are off back-to-back road games versus an opponent off a double-digit home win if the opponent has won 18 or more of their last 32 games SU. This Key Angle is a Perfect 17-0 ATS!

Old Post 12-19-06 12:00 AM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Docsports

4 Unit Play. #515 Take Oklahoma State +3 ½ over Tennessee (7:00 pm ESPN 2) The Cowboys are underrated in spot since they have yet to lose a game this season and are playing an unranked Tennessee team. Nashville is quite a drive from Knoxville, thus much of the home crowd will be neutral in this hockey arena. The Vols laid an egg in New York losing both of their NIT games. This team still does not play defense and thus will have problems stopping the one-two punch of Jameson Curry & Mario Boggan. This game belongs to the Cowboys as a field goal underdog.

Old Post 12-19-06 12:01 AM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Big Al McMordie
Seattle Supersonics vs. Memphis Grizzlies (NBA) - Dec 18, 2006 8:05 PM EST
Play: Point Spread: -4/-110 Memphis Grizzlies
Play Title:

At 8 pm, our complimentary selection is on the Memphis Grizzlies over Seattle. The Grizz got their superstar Pau Gasol back on Friday night. He scored 4 points in limited minutes on Friday and then looked better Saturday when he put in 9 points. He'll be even stronger tonight against Seattle, and the Sonics will be a bit tired after playing at Detroit last night. Look for Memphis to snap its 6 game losing streak tonight. Take the Grizzlies. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

Al McMordie

Indianapolis Colts--3*

Old Post 12-19-06 12:02 AM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NorthCoast Phil Steele

GOY

Indy -3

NorthCoast Phil Steele

GOY

Indy -3

Old Post 12-19-06 12:03 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: