StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > DUKE WILL LOSE!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

DUKE WILL LOSE!

Sorry for the yelling but this is the perfect setup for them to lose and they will. NC state will win this one at home. That is all you need to know. You can take the ATS is you like but they win ML in a close game.

Follow the crowd and give your money away by taking Duke to beat NC State at home.

Be smart, Bet smart and Take NC state. Big against the Spread +4.5 and medium against the ML.

A perfect setup for Duke to lose and the excellent NC state team to win. Especially at home. Duke is NOT as good as advertised. Just a bunch of hype, just like last year.

Old Post 02-16-04 12:21 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chris511
StatFox Hall of Famer

I think there could be an upset but.........

You said to be smart and bet BIG against Duke. NO WAY I WOULD EVER BET BIG against Duke ..Im staying away from this one but beware ......

Old Post 02-16-04 12:34 AM
Chris511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris511 Click here to Send Chris511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FastEddie222

Nice Call bbaffert

Nice Call, I also had Nc State and Pitt Today.

I Like the Under and West Tonight.
alot of Defensive players in starting line up tonight

Good Luck all!

Fast Eddie

Old Post 02-16-04 02:36 AM
FastEddie222 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FastEddie222 Click here to Send FastEddie222 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
carlo

Great Call !!!!

Old Post 02-16-04 02:55 AM
carlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carlo Edit post   Report post
Chris511
StatFox Hall of Famer

DITTO

Great call

Old Post 02-16-04 02:58 AM
Chris511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris511 Click here to Send Chris511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dork99

nice..

looking at this game on foxsheets a NCST upset was screaming at me ,I layed off though...nice call!

Old Post 02-16-04 03:20 AM
Dork99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dork99 Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dork99

What was it on the sheets that pointed the possible upset out to you? I didn't look at ANYTHING today. I've been partying all weekend with some buddies here for the All-Star Game.

Old Post 02-16-04 03:27 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dork99

Foxsheets

NC St in recent games have trounced Maryland at Mary. Played NC tough at NC. Clearly there playing well even on the road.

NC ST 16-3 stars on "Supersitatations".

Even with Duke blowing alot of people out "common opponents" were very close.

At NC ST

Even if none of that was there ,not 1 but 2 of the Statfox guys on Statfoxview liked NC ST. Those guys are pretty sharp and I always sit up and notice when the chime in.

Dork

Old Post 02-16-04 03:42 AM
Dork99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dork99 Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Chop, could it have been the undefeated home dog with revenge?
Revenge is so sweet when used properly.

Old Post 02-16-04 03:43 AM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dork99

Yeah, I went back and looked at the sheet.

qman

That, and the Pack wanting to correct that 25% they shot from 3 point land in the 1st meeting, and Duke shooting 50.9% from the field. That adds up to a lot of motivation in any game, but especially the ACC. Those schools are so close together, they have to live with each loss against each other moreso than some schools in other areas.

Old Post 02-16-04 04:25 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
9dropmb
StatFox Hall of Famer

BBAFFERT

nice call.

Old Post 02-16-04 04:28 AM
9dropmb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 9dropmb Click here to Send 9dropmb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Baff

I see you posted a "Baffey Bullet" (as Q would say) today. I was away all day and came home late to read this.

Just wanted to congratulate you. :)

Old Post 02-16-04 04:54 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks guys and gals!

This game I had this extreme overwhelming gut feeling that Duke would not beat NC State at home. I did some capping but I have been keeping a good eye on Duke and from what I have seen Duke is not as good as advertised and NC State is a huge handful at home.

Now I also went and took a good look at the Massey numbers and they gave the game a very low 62. Duke normally gets a rating much higher. They only predicted Duke to win by 3. Just seemed ripe for an upset with an overrated, my opinion from what I have seen of them, top ranked team playing on the road against a tough road team that is very underrated.

Another thing that kept going through my mind is NC State has won 12, now 13, in a row at home. I kept saying do not bet on a team to do something it has not done lately, I am sure I have read that many times before. NC State has not lost on their homecourt in quite awhile. So I sure was not going to bet on them losing at home tonight.

Just an opportunity. I know not many bet it but hopefully some of you took a look at this and maybe thought twice about hammering Duke. Sorry I did not give more of this reasoning that was going through my head. It has been a hectic day around the house.

Old Post 02-16-04 05:49 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ladyluck
StatFox Hall of Famer

good call

Being an ACC fan, i totally stayed away from the game, but Duke was definitely in the right situation to get upset. I will not bet against NC State in "their house"..WF is another team in the conference that can pull upsets in "their house". Even though these schools are in close proximity relatively speaking, their is a definite home court advantage in ACC, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, good analysis baff..right on the money!

Old Post 02-16-04 03:38 PM
ladyluck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladyluck Click here to Send ladyluck a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GrayVA
StatFox Hall of Famer

gj Baff

This is a perfectly good reason why I dont bet ACC........(and the GA tech at UVA game the other day)

nice call Baff.....i had a friend that went relatively big on State!

ACC IS GREAT!!!!!and my Hokies will be there getting stomped soon enough.....

gl

Gray

Old Post 02-16-04 07:08 PM
GrayVA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrayVA Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

WOW!

Deja Vu Two Years later?????

I am NOT expecting Duke to lose here because they are home this time and that was the main reason to take them but the spread is pretty high. I think they are overrating Duke by a few points. Not a monster play like a few years ago but NC State is the team that can give Duke some fits. Will be interesting. No Julius hurts NC state and Duke will lose a game pretty soon but most likely not tonight. Now covering that might be tough. NC State is not a bad team.

The Pitt/Rutgers game is no joke either. Rutgers at home is one hell of a team. Could be an upset.

Just had to bump this cuz I fell across it searching for some old research. Fitting that the game is tonight and I cross it accidently. I may actually not wager on it but see some value in NC State and Rutgers but more elsewhere I think.

Either way.

Top plays tonight
Akron
Sd State
Wyoming

Also, if Scott is out for Dayton then Temple should win that game pretty easy.

Old Post 01-18-06 09:31 PM
MVCnum1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LOL
When I first read that I was wondering how long it took you to find that post...But since you just happened to catch it while researching then that it is quite the coincedence. I'm a believer in weird things like that so I may make a small play on the NC St. Moneyline. State is playing some great ball lately.

Old Post 01-18-06 09:34 PM
MVCnum1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MVCnum1 Click here to Send MVCnum1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SOCALCAPPER
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice Call?? That remains to be seen at this time...

Personally, NWIFH DUKE LOSSES....

THEY DONT COVER!!!, But losing at Cameron is not an option.
All the calls the last 2 mins go the BlueDevil Way... ALL YEAR..!!

Close Game...
Sorry to rock your Tea Party!!

BEWARE THE SCARLET KNIGHTS!!!!!

Pitts Going Down!

Old Post 01-18-06 09:35 PM
SOCALCAPPER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SOCALCAPPER Click here to Send SOCALCAPPER a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ewhshyrde

no way in HELLLLLLLLLLLL Duke loses tonight. They might not cover, but not a chance in hell they lose. Have fun losing your money on the moneyline.

Old Post 01-18-06 09:43 PM
ewhshyrde is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ewhshyrde Click here to Send ewhshyrde a Private Message Edit post   Report post
douglas
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The rac is a tough place to win

i agree with the cap.........been to alot of rutgers games............they are tough @ home......fans right on top of the court........ask villanova.

Old Post 01-18-06 09:52 PM
douglas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for douglas Click here to Send douglas a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: