StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NHL Selections for Dec 6
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

NHL Selections for Dec 6

Season Record: 89-41-1 = 68.5%
Best Bet Record: 28-8 = 77.7%

TONIGHTS STATS/TRENDS:

New Jersey at Detroit:
New Jersey: 1-6 SU at Detroit
Detroit: 15-4 SU off BB ATS losses
New Jersey is 2-7-1 OU in its last 10 games against Detroit
New Jersey is 1-3-1 OU in its last 5 games
Detroit is 7-3-0 SU in its last 10 games after scoring 1 to 2 goals
Detroit is 8-14-1 OU in its last 23 games
Detroit is 2-7-1 OU in its last 10 games against New Jersey
Detroit is 1-4-0 OU in its last 5 at home

Sure looks like Detroit and the Under eh? BUT! We are talking Clemensson and Osgood, not Brodeur and Legace. Think I'll pass...

Carolina at Anaheim:
Carolina: 7-0 SU off 3+ games scoring 3+ goals
Anaheim: 1-8 ATS off ATS wins in 5 or 6 of their last 7 games
Anaheim is 2-5-0 SU in its last 7 games after scoring 1 to 2 goals
Carolina is 1-4-0 SU in its last 5 games after scoring 3 to 4 goals
Carolina is 6-0-2 OU in its last 8 games
Carolina is 1-4-2 OU in its last 7 games against Anaheim
Anaheim is 2-3-1 OU in its last 6 games at home against Carolina
Anaheim is 1-5-0 OU in its last 6 at home

This is game 4 of a 6 game road trip for the Canes. The Mighty Ducks have taken the last 4 meetings between them. The catch is, Gerber (now the Canes goalie), was in nets for the Ducks in 3 of those 4 wins... including a shutout win! Gerber is in net for Carolina tonight, while Bryzgalov's is in for Anaheim.

Bryzgalov has been outstanding in Giguere's absence as he has compiled a 5-1 record with a 1.33 goals-against-average and .946 save percentage. Think I'll pass on this one too...

TONIGHTS PICKS: (3 plays)

Toronto -155
Islanders -145
(Lalime & The Blues just suck! One of the best things the Senators did was in getting rid of him).
San Jose -1.5 +135 (Best Bet)
(Note: If Nabakov or Schaefer are in nets. Otherwise, a straight up moneyline play and not a Best Bet!)

GLTA

Old Post 12-06-05 09:21 PM
Shadow9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow9 Click here to Send Shadow9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

interesting picks after the info on the other teams, I do like CAR ML and DET over myself because of the no brodeur and osgood isnt anything special this year.

Old Post 12-06-05 09:44 PM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

Fix

With Osgoode, it's always an adventure not a ride!

Old Post 12-06-05 09:46 PM
Shadow9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow9 Click here to Send Shadow9 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GrandGouda
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting early today Shadow, missed the boat on your awesome ride last night!

Old Post 12-06-05 10:23 PM
GrandGouda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrandGouda Click here to Send GrandGouda a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I have a strangely funny story about Osgood. When I was in the military, a friend of mine struck up an online romance with a girl whose screen name was ozziet30. When asked what it was, she replied "My boyfriend plays for the Red Wings. You might have heard of him, his name is Chris Osgood". This girl was living at his house and using his computer to do online hookups. Anyways long story short, she ended up meeting my friend in Vancouver for a few days. I don't know if she went back to Osgood, but every time I see his name I always think about that story.

In other words, he is a loser on the ice and off, lol....

Old Post 12-06-05 10:24 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

GrandGouda:

No problem, happy to oblige when I'm able.

BWELL316:

Now why doesn't that surprise me?!? Good story...

The military eh? I'm an Army brat myself. My dad was in the Army. RCEME... we spent some time in Germany between '63-'65. In Soest, West Germany to be exact. I was 10-12 years old then.

Old Post 12-06-05 10:52 PM
fulkgl
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Toskala for SJS.

Old Post 12-06-05 10:59 PM
fulkgl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fulkgl Click here to Send fulkgl a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Picks

With you on Toronto and San Jose.

GL

Old Post 12-06-05 11:28 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MTPaid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Islanders and San Jose are 5+* SS's tonight as long as the SJ line remains over 200, but if you have a BB on SJ then I'm with you. Doesn't look that way though from what I've read about the goaltending situation.

Old Post 12-06-05 11:30 PM
MTPaid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTPaid Click here to Send MTPaid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

Updating Picks

Been informed it's Toskala in nets for the Sharks. Think I will take them SU on a -210 ML and not -1.5 as posted. I will leave it as a Best Bet though on the ML.

GLTA

Thanks fulkgl for the update.

Old Post 12-06-05 11:33 PM
Mr.Blonde

Thanks Shadow.

Those Toronto and San Jose numbers have come down a bit........

Old Post 12-06-05 11:35 PM
Mr.Blonde is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Blonde Edit post   Report post
Jacey
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SJ should still be a good bet IMO, what with ATL playing last night and being fairly pathetic to begin with.

Old Post 12-06-05 11:36 PM
Jacey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacey Click here to Send Jacey a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Goaltender

Toskala is the probable starter for Tuesday's game against the Thrashers, reports the San Jose Mercury News

Old Post 12-06-05 11:59 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Dark Horse
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Shaded One

Soest?

Isn't that in the Netherlands? If I'm not mistaken the ol' Queen's residence... Not that it matters, but I'll let you know why that is interesting to me.

Old Post 12-07-05 12:11 AM
Dark Horse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dark Horse Click here to Send Dark Horse a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

West Germany

Landed in Dusseldorf, took the autobahn to 11C Rupl... ah hell, I can say it but can't spell it, lol. Canadian Forces Base anyhow.

Speaking of Queen, she paid a visit while I was there and drove by us on the street when Canada got their new flag and dependency I believe it was? We all stood there waving our little flags they handed out, lol.

Soest for sure... email me since this is not sports related and I wouldn't want to get anyone upset with us for not talking "shop!"
LOL!

Old Post 12-07-05 12:23 AM
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

Jacey

You are probably right in your assessment. I rather play it safe.

By the way... shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone, but I have my bet in already with SJ -1.5, lol. For everyone else though, I've posted it as a "safe" Best Bet straight up on the moneyline instead.

Old Post 12-07-05 12:26 AM
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

Wonder how long it will take this Avery kid from Pickering to start a fight with someone?

Domi will punch the crap out of him, lol. He better try someone else.

Old Post 12-07-05 01:39 AM
dreamjob

yeah avery is on everyone's hitlist..

last week, three guys from ottawa wanted a piece of him..

Old Post 12-07-05 03:45 AM
dreamjob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dreamjob Edit post   Report post
Shadow9
StatFox Legend

Surprised

Even a McCabe punch in the face didn't get Avery going, lol.

Old Post 12-07-05 04:01 AM
Jacey
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2-0 Sharks already!

Old Post 12-07-05 04:52 AM
Jacey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacey Click here to Send Jacey a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: