StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > I know what the Top Star Play is going to be for the next week!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

I know what the Top Star Play is going to be for the next week!

No need for a crystal ball here.

I absolutely hate playing HUGE favorites... but Detroit on the west coast... Fahgetaboutit.

Let's just say that Detroit is set as a -300 dog for each of the 6 games on the trip. Does anybody really think they can win more than 1 of those?

If you bet 5 units on each of the favorites and Detroit loses them all... you're up 30 units.

If Detroit wins a game... you'd still be up 5 units.

If they win 2... yeah right. They've won 1 out of 17 so far. They will not win 2 on this trip.

Should be interesting.

Old Post 04-21-03 08:15 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Ohh yeah!

100%. I will not be betting on Detroit when they play Oakland. One of the potential to be the best teams in Baseball this year vs. one of the potential to be one of the worst teams in the history. The lines could get ugly quick.

Old Post 04-21-03 09:14 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
v-horn
StatFox Hall of Famer

looks like tomorrow line is 330

Old Post 04-21-03 09:21 PM
v-horn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for v-horn Click here to Send v-horn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cashmoney
StatFox Hall of Famer

On pace for less than 10 WINS

"Potential" to be the worst team in history of the game. They are the worst team I've ever seen play.

By the end of this road trip the Books will be asking you to put your house up to win a $100 bucks.

I bet we'll see some -400 or more this road trip.

Best of Luck cash Money

Old Post 04-21-03 09:23 PM
cashmoney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cashmoney Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Oakland -1.5 -180

I guess this is where the value is going to be found. Problem is... if this game is the TOP STAR play, run lines aren't 20-2... money lines are!

Old Post 04-21-03 10:50 PM
Pete Rose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete Rose Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

The last 12 games in the star system last year, I layed a lot for the moneyline win. The maximum was -280. I risked up to $14,000 to win $5000 per game, which is Canbet's max payout in MLB unless you have speacial arrangements. I will only take the moneyline for that kind of change. No sense in losing because of 1 stinking run.

Old Post 04-21-03 10:56 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

Nick...

Assuming Oakland -330 is the top play tomorrow... would you lay off it because the line is too high? Is there a number you just won't go over?

Old Post 04-21-03 11:04 PM
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

I've bet NBA moneylines at -1750 at Bet365 so I guess not ;)

Old Post 04-21-03 11:05 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Pete Rose
StatFox Hall of Famer

I can't imagine too many -1750 dogs pull the upset very often.

Old Post 04-21-03 11:26 PM
Betman

The star system will soon be known as the Detroit system. I think the time has come to think about the next best top play not involving Detroit otherwise we will reach a point it would take a couple hundred wins to double our bankroll.

Old Post 04-21-03 11:26 PM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
larrymaze

Nick...

Nick, you are laying some serious KaChingo's on these games. Like $14k per game? All I can say is your bankroll is something to be envied of! Damn, if I make $14k in the s. market, it would be considered a great month. Personally, I can't make the case for betting three to get one, but everyone has their tolerances. I wish you continued success in your endeavors. :)

Old Post 04-22-03 01:50 AM
larrymaze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrymaze Edit post   Report post
flldtt
StatFox Hall of Famer

Pete Rose

just a note on your run line comment. A few days ago someone posted the the top star play was 6-0 when the moneyline was
-200 or larger. just some info i thought i would throw at ya.

Old Post 04-22-03 02:57 AM
flldtt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flldtt Edit post   Report post
Betman

yeah, that someone was defcon. I remember his post. He said he saw a pattern there and was experimenting with it.

Old Post 04-22-03 03:03 AM
Betman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Betman Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Larrymaze

Each season per sport I set aside a $100 bankroll and build it for each sport. At the end of the season the serious change will be layed becuase the bankroll will build it that high. Once I reach the end of the season, I take out everything but the $100 and start over.

Old Post 04-22-03 05:07 PM
rookie
StatFox Hall of Famer

money mgt

Nick, I know you bet approx. 10% of bankroll on each bet, but do you raise the bet only after you reached a plateau. Say $10 when you start and $20 when you reach $200 and so on. Are you still betting the other sports now or strictly baseball.

Old Post 04-22-03 05:51 PM
rookie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rookie Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

I raise the bet daily and I'm only playing the TOP star MLB play each day. I've set a goal of $100,000 for it this season. If I go over that BONUS! If not I won't cry over it. I'm going to try though.

Old Post 04-22-03 05:55 PM
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Nick,

Where are you now? If I may ask.

Old Post 04-22-03 05:58 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Not location. With your 100 dollar bankroll?

Old Post 04-22-03 05:58 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

And are those Canadian Dollars?

Old Post 04-22-03 05:59 PM
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'm at $847 & change which is on target, since at 80% accuracy at an average of -220 lines you should make 8x your money per month, until you reach limit units, then I'll just bet those. The money at Canbet is Canadian. The money at Betcris is US. The only two books that I've known to pay higher limits. Not to put a damper on a certain book that begins with a P but I'm still waiting from last season for them to pay me a large amount so be wary.

Old Post 04-22-03 06:10 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: