StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Getting started...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jdada7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Getting started...

Alright so as most of you know by now I'm trying to get started and handicap my own games. I've tried reaching out to a few of you and some have responded & I appreciate the feedback.

I just wanna know how do you guys select games, do you focus on one conference? One sport?

What variables and factors do you specifically look for to make a determination of the winner?

Ex ( foxstat matchups) do you look at ats last 4 matchups at home etc etc.. just wanna hear from all of you guys and make you pick a game. Trying to soak as much information as possible!

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks

Old Post 02-17-17 08:47 PM
jdada7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdada7 Click here to Send jdada7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
YO 11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If you're right handed, throw the dart with your left hand.....lol

If it looks too good to be true, go the other way

If a capper gives you five 10* games in one night, fade !!!

You will find the matching pillow cases in aisle 5 on the left

But seriously, I have learned a lot from some of the great cappers on this site. I am sure they have a style of their own. No one caps the games the same.

Good luck with your plays sir

Old Post 02-17-17 09:20 PM
YO 11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for YO 11 Click here to Send YO 11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
libertygrad10
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I've tried all sports such as NFL, NCAAF, NBA, NCAAB, MLB and even tennis.

I'd try out the sports you like to bet on or show interests in betting and bet them.

Note: some people prefer betting just sides and some just for totals.

Here lately, I've been good at College Football and MLB. I look at Sportsinsights and Betlabsports.

MLB was nice for me last year as I made quite a few $$$. This year I will use the same approach plus some other systems in place. Feel free to PM.

Favorite sports to bet on: MLB, NCAAB, and NFL

Old Post 02-17-17 10:50 PM
libertygrad10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for libertygrad10 Click here to Send libertygrad10 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jdada7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My pms aren't working. Can I have your email?

Old Post 02-17-17 10:58 PM
jdada7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdada7 Click here to Send jdada7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hope you received my email. Probably didn't answer all your questions, but at least it will get you started.
Main point was brought up. Bet the sports you have the most interest in. For me it's been MLB and Nba.

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 02-17-17 11:05 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
libertygrad10
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hptennis14@gmail.com

Old Post 02-17-17 11:09 PM
libertygrad10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for libertygrad10 Click here to Send libertygrad10 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jdada7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Huge sports fan in general.
Love baseball over all then NBA.

What factors would you take into account for baseball? Now that it's right around the corner?

Old Post 02-17-17 11:09 PM
libertygrad10
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I love betting on underdogs and have fell in love with them in MLB. I usually look at the higher total games because underdogs have a better chance of winning. Plus the payouts for MLB are really good. I also look at betting against the public. So another words I'm on the other side of the teams like Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers and all the popular teams.

Old Post 02-17-17 11:27 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: