StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Les Miles?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Les Miles?

I know this might be better placed in hall of fame,but I have watched LSU with Myles for ages and the guy simply needs to go somewhere and be a defensive coordinator. He simply seems clueless with any innovation with offense and a likeable guy.But head coaching skills suspect.

Old Post 11-29-15 03:20 AM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Quick question T

If he's a defensive guy, why hasn't he hired a competent offensive coordinator?

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 11-29-15 05:08 AM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

19-7 was enough to keep his job.

Old Post 11-29-15 09:10 AM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

he is 111-32 in 11 seasons....nat'l championship in '07....yeah he's awful.

Old Post 11-29-15 03:04 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ronnie,

I never suggested he was awful.Whenever a guy gets Top 5 recruiting classes every year, as Miles has, the records he has isent breaking any benchmarks.I think their is a strong argument to be made that their are other coaches in country who with these recruits would do better then 7-6 in Bowls and 15-10 last 25 conference games.

Old Post 11-29-15 04:26 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

he's not saban, but 79 games over .500 is not too shabby. he hasn't had the best QB'S either.

Old Post 11-29-15 04:42 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Boosch1949

Watched the 19-7 victory over Texas A&M
and feel he deserves another year. Also $15 million buyout is pretty steep. Wait for tuition to rise for the students.

Old Post 11-29-15 07:06 PM
Boosch1949 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boosch1949 Edit post   Report post
jharmon64

Miles

I like the guy and think he should keep his job if he wants it.

I know it's easy to point out some shortcomings, but when you're playing the top teams in football week in and week out, there's only a few at the top.

He's been in the national championship game twice in the last 9 years.

I agree that he's got better chances at winning than most, so losing 3 more games a season (he's done that almost every year in the last 8 seasons) is at least 1 loss too many, but I still think he's worth keeping.

As for being a coordinator, I think that's out of the question.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's not about what you're capable of, It's about what you're willing to do." - Mike Tomlin

Old Post 11-30-15 02:36 AM
jharmon64 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jharmon64 Click here to Send jharmon64 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: