StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A-10 Sat 1/8
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A-10 Sat 1/8

Today's lines:
Richmond@LaSalle +5'
GW@St Joe's -5
Charlotte@St Bonnie -4'

My first play will be on the Hawks at home. St Joe has lost quite a few games around the double digit figure, but for the most of them, they have played tough. The games I've seen, they were hanging around a 5-6 point deficit, only to lose the spread late, due to fouling/FTs. Duq did spank them hard in the 1h in the conference opener on Wed, but they made a comeback in the second half.

Their schedule isn't even comparable to GW's. GW's numbers are quite fluffed up, especially their defensive numbers. Included in their victories are 'victim's' such as Towson, Holy Cross, East Carolina, and Nevada. With losses to Wilma, Navy, Hampton, and Boston U. Not exactly top-25 material. When they played a good shooting team in UAB, they got punked by 35.

St Joe's is not one of the good shooting teams, by any means. They are awful young, and play with grit, especially at home. Not sure if they know how to close out a win yet, but they shoot FTs at a 70% clip. One of the better FT shooting teams in the A-10. GW has taken over Duq's FT woes this year. They are under 60% as a team. Taylor is starting to put up good numbers for GW, but without a lot of help. The Hawks have the more balanced scoring. If they limit Taylor, this one is a double digit win.

I'll take Martelli's boys to get their first conference win of the year. Hope it's a cover as well.

St Joe's -5

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
2-1 +0.90*

Sorry for the screw-up on the other post.

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-08-11 02:04 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
suprmn613

GL today

Old Post 01-08-11 02:09 PM
suprmn613 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suprmn613 Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Richmond at LaSalle +5'

Looks too easy, huh? LaSalle playing at home is not a huge advantage here. There are high schools in the Philly area with bigger gyms. And 90% of the LaSalle roster is from the local area, Philly and NJ. Nothing wrong with that. With Murray and Williams inside, they have a small advantage over the Spiders. Murray, a 6'11" soph, is going to be a good one, when he learns to stay inside. Guillandeaux is usually their long range shooter, but he stunk it up in the opener, 0-fer 7. They led at the half, but let it get away in the 2h at GW. They did limit their turnovers somewhat, only having 12. But they led the A-10 in that department last year with over 17 per, and hold a large lead this year as well. They are starting a freshman point guard this year, Duren. He's good, but young and prone to add to that average.

Richmond hasn't done so well in the ATS ranks this year so far, 7-6. Wins and losses, they have,.....12-4. Can Harper keep shooting like he has, 56% from 2pt and 53% from 3pt?? Those are some stout numbers. And today, I see why not. As a team, Richmond is shooting over 48%. Anderson should own the rookie at the point today.

Looks like a mismatch, but I came up with these numbers earlier in the week; In 1h games where Richmond is a RF, they are 0-4 so far this year. Just noticed that in their last 4 games as favs, they are 0-4 ATS. LaSalle is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 home games vs a team with a winning road record. There are trends for everything. Make what you want out of them.

I'm going to play it like this....when the 1h lines come out, I'm going to play LaSalle 1h small. If I win that, I'll pound the Spiders for the 2h. Murray should put up decent numbers against this match-up zone. Hope it's all in the 1h.

LaSalle 1h +3 ????

If I had a total play on this one, it'd be the over.

GL Den

Old Post 01-08-11 02:54 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Add

St Joe's -5
St Joe's -4
LaSalle 1h +3

Looks like someone likes GW. Line down to -4. I'll take another chunk.

Still looking at the Bonnie game. Just read where St Louis re-instated Reed and Mitchell. They had been suspended for a sexual misconduct charge. I thought St Louis was a Catholic school?? Ahh, never mind. Guess that stuff happens when you lose 4 in a row.

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
2-1 +0.90*

Football

Pitt -4
Indy -2'

Old Post 01-08-11 05:49 PM
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very nice writeups!

GL today

Old Post 01-08-11 05:53 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

IM

great stuff here, will tail
GL

Old Post 01-08-11 05:53 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
westghost
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good Luck today!

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
Buddha

Old Post 01-08-11 07:00 PM
westghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for westghost Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update and Add Richmond 2h

St Joe's -5
St Joe's -4
LaSalle 1h +3 .... win
2* Rich 2h -3'

Lucky cover on this one. Richmond took a 12 pt lead with a run and LaSalle came right back with their own. A buzzer-3 to tie it at the half. I'm usually on the other side of those. Pound some Spiders 2h. LaSalle's best player, Murray, was a late scratch, also. Should have lost this one. St Joe's isn't looking too hot. Bonnies rolling also.

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
3-1 +1.90*

Football

Pitt -4 .... win
Indy -2'

Old Post 01-08-11 10:54 PM
msudogs

IM

i need to hold on in the 2nd half myself
GL

Old Post 01-08-11 11:06 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update

St Joe's -5 ....loss
St Joe's -4 .... loss
LaSalle 1h +3 .... win
2* Rich 2h -3' .... win

Bad call on the Hawks. I thought they'd show up at home. Just don't have the firepower. Bonnies in another multiple OT game. Charlotte has made several 2h comebacks lately. Have to look into that info a little deeper.

GL Den

Pre-season A-10
24-22-1 -5.30*

In-Conference A-10
5-3 +1.70*

Football

Pitt -4 .... win
Indy -2'

Old Post 01-09-11 12:16 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: