StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Anyone agree with these camara's at intersections
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anyone agree with these camara's at intersections

I was on my way to work Monday morning at around 6am and I'm about to make a right turn. I stop at the red light and then started to preceed when at the corner of my eye I catch movement to my left and hear honking. It was a black pick-up with his lights off (its still dark here at 6am). So as soon as the truck is right across from me I'm about 1/2 car length over the crosswalk and then the lights from the camaras started going off. My picture. Great.

Here's my argument. I would have saw the pick up had he or she had the lights on. Camara won't tell the judge that. I made a full stop at the red light before I preceeded. Camara won't tell the judge that either.

So, I have a ticket on the way from L.A County, and will probably get ripped for 400 bucks because the judge will want proof of my side of the story and all he and I have are snap shots.

Lets get rid of these camara's. They don't tell the story!!!!!

Old Post 11-15-08 03:56 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

$400?? geez, that's not good. I don't fully understand what happened actually.....since we don't have cameras at intersections here. Are you allowed to make right turns on a red light at certain intersections? How much will the pictures show?

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-15-08 05:11 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td

Yes, if you are making a right turn at a red light, it is the same as a stop sign.

The camara will show the behind and front angle. It's not a video. It will show me in the intersection with the pick up and will probably determine that I either I didn't make a full stop or failed to yield the right of way.

400 bones are what they normally cost. L.A county is brutal on tickets and insurance. I pay $1,200 a year to insure my car with no accidents and no tickets (until now).

Old Post 11-15-08 05:49 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheBuzzard
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm thinking your explanation to the judge or magistrate could work. Stay calm and reasonable---he or she just might like you (and/or believe you)!

Old Post 11-15-08 06:17 AM
TheBuzzard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheBuzzard Click here to Send TheBuzzard a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Well, hopefully it will show darkness and if you are lucky no headlights on for the truck. In our traffic courts there is a prosecutor that will talk to you before the case comes up.....hopefully similar in your court. If so, you have a negotiating time with him, where you can explain what happened in a calm, courteous way....you can "make a deal" before seeing the judge. No record is in your favor. You were literally blindsided in the dark, and hopefully will bear some weight. I assume points on your license are involved here, so I would worry more about that than the $400 fee.....consulting an attorney beforehand to avoid points is in order....especially if those points = higher insurance rates for X years while the points are still on your license....if that's what happens in your State. Just an opinion......good luck Craig.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-15-08 06:18 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Buzzard just gave excellent advice......

Old Post 11-15-08 06:20 AM
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Take a chill pill Craiger, perhaps you ate too much ketchup or chinese food today, wait and see if you get a letter and then your worries will be justified.

Old Post 11-15-08 07:08 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

...........and by the way, I do not have any reasons to dislike the cameras at this point, but of course they are pros and cons to almost everything.

Old Post 11-15-08 07:11 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Okay, so I wait. Hopefuly they won't send.

Old Post 11-15-08 04:43 PM
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hate 'em Craiger

A few run the red lights when it makes sense.

Just to let everyone know...

A Black Man invented the stop light.

How often do you hear about that awesome invention???

A small percentage of those actually hit somebody because they're idiotic drivers that are in a hurry to get to where I don't know?

The signals work great IMO and anyone that runs them for the most part will be captured by spirit eye cameras aka me and you and anyone...

I hate the fact that these things are snap shotters. Cant they afford cameras when you can have lipstick cams for jackass episodes and wsop?

You will not be prosecuted though and you are so paranoid that if I didn't know you I would think that you had just finished a joint.

Your insurance is ridiculous though so I understand your money scare that you are going through.

Funny thing, when I went to Chicago last there were signs posted left and right that I could get a crazy wrong doing against me while everyone honked and blew by me.

No offense but we may as well call our country scare tactics.

Do you drive the speed limit or risk getting pulled over for being out of state and unsafe because you aren't matching the speed of the locals?

I chose dangerous because I had a car full of domestic terrorist minds according to the gov...

Old Post 11-16-08 02:16 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I got the ticket in the mail

Just as expected. failure to stop at a red light. Wow. What a rip off. $381 dollars for the fine and another fee for "traffic school eligibility" which is another $39 dollars which brings the sub total to $420 bones. That doesn't include what they will hit me for for traffic school. What a sham!!!!

Old Post 11-16-08 05:35 AM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Did they send a copy of the photos? So tell me, how can they PROVE you didn't stop at the red light before you inched forward to make the turn?

Do you get points?

Lawyer time!

Old Post 11-16-08 07:06 AM
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You are an evil evil person Craiger LOL!

Just kidding but you are when it comes to things like this IMO.

Gambling and avoiding wrecks equals bad.

I don't know for sure but I am turning anti american very quickly because I can forsee the days very soon when a good meal will be good Christmas tidings of joy compared to electronic goodies.

Call me depressing. Call me stupid but I can see what the hidden 5 TRILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT is doing.

It's blowing the middle class out of the water.

No middle class = 3rd world

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling."

Ambrose Bierce

Old Post 11-16-08 08:37 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Of course I have money and there is no reason for me to be worried but most all Americans are in debt and I worry about them...

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling."

Ambrose Bierce

Old Post 11-16-08 08:40 AM
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Craiger

Please drive carefully, that ticket is eating into my "trickle down" money..

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 11-16-08 06:42 PM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Curdawg

LOL!!

That was good.

Old Post 11-16-08 08:24 PM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td....

They sent me copies of the photos. It has a close up of my face, another one with my rear license plate, another with my car before i made the turn, and another with one into the turn with the light showing red. They gave me a website to view a video of it. I didn't know there was a video in these camaras. So I will now take a look at the video. This just gets better.

Old Post 11-16-08 08:42 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Why would they cut Craiger some slack when the intent is to make money off him?

You need to get some of that spray for your plates that render the cameras useless.

If you go to traffic school won't they remove the ticket from your record?

Old Post 11-17-08 05:12 AM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Here's a link for the spray.

http://www.phantomplate.com/

Old Post 11-17-08 05:15 AM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks Cisco!!

Old Post 11-17-08 08:51 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: