StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Week 11 NFL
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Week 11 NFL

Well, I think Jack Del Rio has said about all he could in order to motivate his team this week when they face the Titans. Here's the report of what he said:

"Goliath is coming to town," Del Rio said. "We're going to say some prayers, see if we can't find a few nice-sized pebbles and load up our slingshots."

"Best team in the league is coming in, No. 1 seed in the AFC. Undefeated. Tough to score on. Got a veteran quarterback playing like an MVP candidate," he said. "I think the TV people moved it to 4 o'clock so they could watch the Titans improve to 10-0. Best team in the league."

It was a strange move for a former NFL linebacker who has shown unwavering confidence in the Jaguars (4-5) through all their ups and downs this season, and has steadfastly preached the "any given Sunday" cliché about matchups in this league.

Not this time.

"It'll be tough to do," Del Rio said. "They're awfully good. Nobody's been able to do it."

How about scoring?

"They're stifling," he said. "Nobody can score on them."
--------------

I guess he motivated someone, or group.....because both Pinny and Le Greek dropped the Titans 2 full points to -1 last night......and they're the only books I can find that did that. Lowest I can find is -2.5.

So I ask you fellow cappers.......do you think they will slay Goliath Sunday?

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-16-08 08:32 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Late night capping :)

Reverse line move here with %70+ on Tenn. Should move closer to kick-off with John Q pounding the team of the moment.
My money is on the under 40

Cant wait for your plays today TD!

Old Post 11-16-08 08:51 AM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, big reverse doc. Still working on Sunday.....see ya in the morning!....I mean later this morning. lol

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-16-08 09:00 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I need some shut eye. Heres a $3 parley I played. I need to narrow down some games and wait for some posters.

Football - 401 Denver Broncos +6½ -105 for Game
Football - 403 Oakland Raiders/Miami Dolphins under 38½ -110 for Game
Football - 407 Houston Texans +9 -115 for Game
Football - 407 Houston Texans/Indianapolis Colts under 50 -110 for Game
Football - 410 Jacksonville Jaguars +3 -130 for Game
Football - 415 New Orleans Saints -5 -110 for Game
Football - 417 Detroit Lions +14 -110 for Game
Football - 425 San Diego Chargers/Pittsburgh Steelers over 42 -110 for Game

Old Post 11-16-08 09:34 AM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nizzle

gl today tdbabe, can't wait to see your plays myself

GL

Nizzle

Old Post 11-16-08 03:58 PM
nizzle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nizzle Click here to Send nizzle a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"lounging"

Hey nice write up "TDBABE" :P ,,,Let$ giv the JAG$ home crowd sumthing to cheer about today,uh! lol... P.O.Y ,so far for me.. hope u were able to catch a lil sleep ,jus long enough for the winners to pop through ur head...lol . GL TDBABE! on whatever u cum up with

Old Post 11-16-08 04:33 PM
the hook 420 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the hook 420 Click here to Send the hook 420 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

TOUGH WEEK!!!!! I am late as heck, which is probably a good thing!

Dallas -1

Revenge game.....Romo back with Witten and Roy Williams added to the mix (not much film on him with the Boys). Santana Moss always a threat, but no Portis from what I have read. Both off a bye; hopefully Wade Phillips worked on the defense.

7-pt. teasers:

Philadelphia +2
Tampa Bay +1.5

NY Giants (pk)
Pittsburgh +2.5

---------

Our remote will be working overtime today. lol

GL everyone!

Old Post 11-16-08 06:44 PM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td

You were late. lol. Gl. I had my mind made up to play your picks but I had to leave at 8:15am and you posted after .

Gl!!!

Old Post 11-16-08 08:48 PM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

got skins and under in a teaser...we can both win....i sent you some pics from last weekend....the dad and his boy both shot that big one, but they dont know who put the fatal blow in it....what a great memory for them two...

and that is me with the hog...again...

still waiting on my deer pics to be sent to me....

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer
"Lets make some music, make some money, find some models for wives...."MGMT
If your dog won't jump off a dock, it is just a mutt

ozarkmountaindockdogs@gmail.com

Old Post 11-17-08 02:57 AM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Chris....I got the pics. Please tell me the animals didn't know what hit them. So, how many pounds of usable meat will you get out of that hog?

Old Post 11-17-08 03:20 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

9 times out of 10 they have no clue what hit them...we try to do our best....but sometimes they do...as i said, we do the best we can to be as ethical as we can...trust me, i hate to see one suffer more than you know...and i kills me to wound one...luckily that rarely happens...

as far as the hog, i gave the backstrap ( the piece of meat that runs from the shoulder to the hams along both sides of the backbone) to my buddy..he smoked it last week and said it was great...we saved the shoulders and hams and i will smoke them next week...i kept the tenderloins for myself and will smoke them in the future...there wasnt much on the ribs, but there is a guy down there that wanted them, so he came and picked them up....none goes to waste there...we are not the cavemen that you would think...LOL...we are getting overrun with the hogs...they are very destructive to cattle, land, and fences...

http://www.agfc.com/hunting/feral_hogs.aspx

another buddy of mine had his 10 year old daughter with us this weekend...she got her first buck on saturday...when she got back to camp she was beaming...i personally want to bag a big deer every year, but if i can witness a little one get one, i really dont care if i get one or not...the fact that we have the friendship and keeping the tradition going is more important for me during gun season is why i go there...but i love the solitude during bow season...noone but yourself and the deer...much more challenging and rewarding...

"If you're not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.." Cosmo Kramer
"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 11-17-08 03:48 AM
31bullets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 31bullets Click here to Send 31bullets a Private Message Edit post   Report post
the hook 420
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Lounging

sux that they"eagles" couldnt pull it out in OT ,u knew it,good call on the Bucs ,should of listened to ya,an Right on that u got there with the G-men & crazy ending to that Pitt game... GL tonight!

Old Post 11-17-08 03:50 AM
the hook 420 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the hook 420 Click here to Send the hook 420 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Chris.....sending an email.

Hook.....thanks....you're a good man Charlie Brown.
This game tonight is driving me nuts!
Philadelphia.....McNabb is on my avoid list.

Old Post 11-17-08 04:15 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

replied back with some links...hope this might ease your mind....

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 11-17-08 04:37 AM
31bullets
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hey....we both got a win...good night Mrs. Babe.....

"Giddy-up!" --Kramer

Old Post 11-17-08 05:14 AM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Cool Chris! Glad we both hit.

2-1 = 24-14 lounging

----------

On the wrong side of that tie game in Cincinnati. What a roller coaster day watching these games. I'm exhausted. lol

Old Post 11-17-08 05:29 AM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

58%

Wow, thats awesome. Keep it up.

Old Post 11-18-08 04:08 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

59.47%

....but who's counting. lol

I'm due for a lousy week, so beware my friend.

Old Post 11-18-08 06:44 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: