StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

Your choice for President
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
McCain 21 45.65%
Obama 16 34.78%
Other 5 10.87%
I'm not voting 4 8.70%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Fair and balanced Den Poll
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Fair and balanced Den Poll

Your choice for President.

Old Post 10-18-08 01:02 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Ethan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Craiger

I voted other.

I don't think this poll is fair though! I can not believe Obama is now a -700 fave!

I want a mulligan.

Old Post 10-18-08 04:35 AM
Ethan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ethan Click here to Send Ethan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ethan

What isn't fair about it? It has the two front runners, the "other" in case somebody likes an outsider, and it has the "not voting". Simplistic without bias.

Old Post 10-18-08 04:56 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Riverfish
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I voted other. And I want +5000 odds for neither one of them taking office. But unfortunately something really bad would have to take place in this Country for that to happen, but it is possible, hence the +5000!

Old Post 10-18-08 05:02 AM
Riverfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverfish Click here to Send Riverfish a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Riverfish

I hear ya, But, my thing about elections is you have to vote for the person who has a chance. To vote for "other" is a waste of a vote because of the fact that person doesn't stand a chance. To me, It's McCain or Obama, any other vote is like not voting at all. just my opinion

Old Post 10-18-08 05:26 AM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

I voted here and will in real life for Senator McCain. This is not meant to be a "statement", but simply my choice.

In real life I am conservative (with moments of impulsive behavior). I am also conservative when it comes to wagering.....(also with moments of impulsive behavior).

But when it comes to making a decision as important as casting my vote for President of the United States, I have no "moments" of impulsive behavior.....as I consider this my right and a privilege. But with this right and privilege comes responsibility....and to me that means taking the time to learn about the candidates, their philosophies, their records, their everything.

I disregard political ads, media biases, and the like in making my decision.

But what I don't disregard are the "machines" in the background that are feverishly at work trying to sway the outcome of this and most elections. Make no mistake about it, they are there. The motives are clear, and they are without conscience.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-18-08 06:46 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td..

Very well said. I will vote for McCain also. I do not trust Obama. If he gets office, he will pull our troops from the middle east and then we will be vulnerable to attack much like 9/11, only much worse. Our miltary ops have kept this country from terrorist since the 9/11 attack, and if Obama gets in, i'm afraid that the moves he makes will subject us to an attack much worse, possibly a nucleur event from one of our water ports. Its getting real scarey.

Old Post 10-18-08 07:23 AM
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

???

Mccain 9 Obama 4???? are your votes an anti obama vote more than a pro mccain vote. not talking about race here. im just wondering if you mccain/palin voters are truly excited about mccain or are just very leery of obama/biden????

Old Post 10-19-08 06:39 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Leery of Obama

Exactly. Do you think he will protect our borders? NO. He will end military ops in the middle east which will make us vulnerable to attack. Not to mention, hammer us with taxes with his food stamp program that will promote more laziness. He plans to doublee the food stamp program. That is such a joke! How about getting rid of food stamps? This country was built on blood, sweat and tears. Why are we going away from that?

McCain is the only choice. IMO

Old Post 10-19-08 06:50 AM
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

craiger.........

i completely understand your viewpoint concerning both your main points but i must say that some people are simply left behind in our capitalist society. we musnt just leave them behind and say good luck. But at the same time there are many people that use and abuse the free handouts to the point that its a complete joke. they become "professionals" at working the system and live a pretty good life. In regards to the middle east i too agree that if we were to leave immediately we would create a terrible situation for the entire region.

These are scary times as you said. I just wish it was McCain/Romney or Lieberman. This Sarah Palin cat is bad news in my opinion. I dont know why he caved in and chose her. You just know he wanted Romney or lieberman on the ticket. and instead he went with a base energizer. im as scared of Palin as you are of obama. sorry for the essay reply.

Old Post 10-19-08 06:59 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hightimes

Sarah is basically an enviornmentalist. She was chose because the McCain camp wants to start pumping our own oil and tht is where her expertise is in. She is a good speaker though she does lack foreign policy and some leadership skills.

Old Post 10-19-08 07:14 AM
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

craiger........

come on. she was chosen because she knows how to energize the base. at the time she was chosen mccain was failing to draw large crowds and the "base" was very unsettled by an independent minded john mccain. so his "brain trust" talked him to chosing to sarah palin. they thought she could grab a few disheartened hillary backers and at the same time energize the base. and they were right. she did just that. but unfortunately for them our economy nearly collapsed.

if Romney was on this ticket this would be a dead heat right now. The so-called base would be so afraid of obama that they would support the republican no matter who he was. now you are stuck with Palin. You cannot seriously be defending her qualifications for such a position as vice president of the United States and the potential to become president at a moments notice are you????

if sarah palin is an environmentalist then our environment does not stand a chance : )
she doesnt even acknowledge that global warming is man-made problem

Old Post 10-19-08 07:50 AM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

When does the VP make a president? When the main man dies, not gonna happen.

Too much made on VP IMO. You hardley hear from them anyway.

Protect our borders my brother, vote McCain

Old Post 10-19-08 08:04 AM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

hightimes

It would be good if these Presidential candidates would name their cabinet member choices before the election. I think that would put to rest some of your fear. Sarah Palin is not the enemy here....and I think in her position she would be more than what people are not giving her credit for. Romney would have been a good choice, I agree.....but an even better choice in a cabinet post....if asked and accepted.

Obama should have asked Hillary Clinton to run with him. I think that would have been a slam dunk move. So why didn't he?.........I think I know, and it goes much deeper than her disagreements with him on the campaign trail leading to the nomination.

You can tell a lot about a person by looking at the people they surround themselves with, and also listen very carefully to what they say (and don't say).

"Ewe" can try to pull the wool over my eyes with fancy rhetoric, but I will always prefer a cotton shirt made in the USA.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-19-08 09:42 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td and craiger........

do you guys both live on the west coast??? those are some early am posts you threw at me giving me no chance to respond as i slept the night away : )

I agree with you both to a certain extent but I have to disagree with craiger that we should not view palin as a potential president of the United States. McCain is not in great health and he would be the oldest first term president in our history. It was a very undisciplined and short-sided approach to politics picking this particular candidate/Palin IMO.

tdbabe........ I too would love to know each candidates cabinet in advance but I can assure you that obama will not choose "yes men" to run his office. As president of the Harvard Review he angered many fellow students by putting more conservatives in power positions than his democratic colleagues that assumed they would now be in charge with a black democrat in control. Yes i know i know. it was only Law School and doesnt predict what he will do as president but i personally think it may.

Old Post 10-19-08 04:37 PM
StatFox John
Administrator

If I may join in...

To prioritize our objectives in our government, and to help take some of the emotion out of our choices for elected officials we do not need to look any further than the preamble to the constitution.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Using the above as a checklist:

Establish Justice: We need to maintain the fairest justice system in the world by appointing judges that fairly interpret the law, including the constitution. We should not consider our constitution a "living document". It has served us well for over 200 years with only minimal amendments.

Insure domestic Tranquility: We need our government to support our National Guard, Policemen, Fire Fighters, etc. to make sure our domestic laws are enforced to the fullest extent. This should be accomplished more on a state level than a national level.

Provide for the common defense: Who will make sure that we are best protected from our enemies? Make no mistake, we are at war with enemies that want to take away our freedoms and our lives.

Promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity: Promoting general welfare should not be interpreted as creating a society that is dependent on it's government. The reason this part of the preamble comes last is because the items in the beginning are needed first to give us the opportunity for general Welfare, Prosterity, and Liberity.

Ok, now here is my emotional side.

Everyone in the US has more opportunity to prosper than any other country in the world, so why would we place our highest priorities on the "not so fortunate"? I don't mean for that to sound like I don't care about those who are not able to take advantage of the many opportunities available, but we need to set priorities.

Americans are also the most generous nation in the world and already do a wonderful job of "spreading the wealth around" without having to be forced into it by a government that is too big and inefficient to stay focused on the guidelines set forth in our constitution.

Is Health Care a right? No it is not. Is it a commodity? No, it is a service. Give us the money back that is being wasted in government and let us decide for ourselves what level of service we want.

Old Post 10-19-08 05:05 PM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Statfox John.........

No you certainly cannot join in you are a moderator here and should be focusing on todays nfl card. kidding of course : )

You guys make very strong arguments for your political viewpoints and i respect that a great deal.

the rebuttal (from a hungover/sleepy hightimes)

Why is it wrong to change/reform the health care system?? You basically say tough **** for those left out of economic prosperity. 20% of our country is uninsured (yes some can afford it and choose not to get it) and simply have no ability to purchase a policy these days. Costs are skyrocketing for those that are insured and its becoming nearly financially impossible for those of us not in perfect health to even consider purchasing a policy. You are giving me $5000 to spend as i please in the insurance market. Thats very nice of you but it costs at least $10k for comprehensive coverage. It is not your responsibility I know. Its every man for himself. May the fittest survive and the weakest perish. its survival of the fittest. Are we not advanced enough as a civilization to realize that its simply not right for us to file for bankruptcy when our health begins to go downhill. Even those with insurance can be thrown out the door, with our current system because of all the insidious loopholes that currently exist that enable the companies to label it a "pre-exisitng conditions." Government has a role to play to ensure a level playing field. you must agree. i insist : )

Old Post 10-19-08 05:34 PM
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

John

Nice blast!

Protecting our boarders to me is job one. Protecting our Constitution is also ranked right with protection which I should have mentioned first but I don't feel like re-doing this post. With all that you listed, looks like McCain is the only choice which is where I'm going. No hanging chads.

Old Post 10-19-08 05:41 PM
ezcajun

I'll write in

as usual. The last 8 yrs. both licey parties have made it almost

impossible to register a third party . so, I refuse to endorse

members from either the fascist right or communist left. Free

markets and free elections are history . IT's a double standard

republic of two extremist groups described above.

Old Post 10-19-08 05:44 PM
ezcajun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ezcajun Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hightimes

I can understand your frustration but I agree with John that health care is not a right. Government should not have to meddle in things like health care. We shouldn't even be handing out food stamps IMO, it just promotes fraud and laziness. This country needs to get off it's butt and start working again. As far as the economy, the president has nothing to do with it or very little. I totally disagreed with the bailout that occured because that isn't going to do a thing for us but cost us taxpayers more money which means less money into our economy. The money markets were meant to correct itself without interference but we have so many paranoid rich people in this nation that are afraid of losing everything (and they should btw), they influence our politicians into these so called bailouts.

So, we need to get an admin that is going to use less government, protect our land and constitution which John mentioned.

Old Post 10-19-08 05:51 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: