StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > FoxDen Lounge > Barack Obama
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Barack Obama

He gave a beautiful acceptance speech tonight. And while I am sorry that Sen. McCain did not win, I can see the appeal in this man by so many. You can see in his eyes and face how humbled he is by this achievement. He has undoubtedly brought hope to millions....and there is nothing wrong with that.

God speed to our new President.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 11-05-08 06:24 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TheBuzzard
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brava, Babe! Brava! You are a good lady. And FWIW, I'm confident you won't be sorry long.

Old Post 11-05-08 06:32 AM
TheBuzzard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheBuzzard Click here to Send TheBuzzard a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

td.........

very nice of you to acknowledge the look in his eyes. he's confident but not arrogant. He truly believes what he says. He's not making a sale with his words. John McCain is a good man indeed and Im quite sure Obama realizes the constant attacks was just politics and I expect these 2 gentlemen will get along just fine in their common pursuit of changing the course of this country for the better.

Old Post 11-05-08 06:36 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Buzz, I like you too. And that's not "crap". lol

Fly high and soar my forum friend.....and celebrate.

Old Post 11-05-08 06:39 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dear Lord thank you for what you have bestowed upon us and for testing us.

I am very happy for what you have decided.

I am very happy that I do not have to be worried about saying "what" and worrying that I am racist anymore.

I am very happy and very fond of being friends with people who are not my color or creed and being able to talk to them without offending them.

I also like making fun of myself and calling half black people blacks or whites depending upon whoever I deem fit to offend.

Thank you for that because it is very fun!

Lord, this will be a very interesting time and I put all of my faith in you to guide me.

I have utmost faith on how to act and I hope and pray that you have the best possible that I can also share with you in order from here on out!

Thank you Dear God for allowing me the ability to vote and be a part of this thing we all call a democracy and please steer me in the right direction the second that you think this is unfit.

Thank you again and I owe you a million more.

One song...

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling."

Ambrose Bierce

Old Post 11-05-08 06:39 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Lets hope this country can pull together, especially in Congress. It's time to support a new administration and I hope and pray that bickering in the House doesn't take place because if it does, change will come really slow. I voted McCain also but will support our new president Barrack Obama.

Old Post 11-05-08 06:42 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I was a bit indifferent for who won, as I was not a fan of either. I did for vote for Obama though.

I am just glad that we had a decisive victory, we need unity in America, unity that consists of more than just blind flag waving out of fear. We need unity of attitude, unity of spirit. Unity that is not based on hating people "over there". We don't need to put a boot up anyone's ass anymore. We need to keep our workboots on, and keep the wheels turning over here.

I have been lucky enough to be employed in an industry that has not been affected, for-profit education, (knock on wood) by the current economy. I tithe to my place of spiritual inspiration, and give back to my community both in service and monetarily. I patronize as many local businesses as possible. And pray for all of my brothers and sisters every day.

Here's to making it happen in '09!!!
ff

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 11-09-08 07:45 AM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: