StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Lots of Rain on West Coast on Saturday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

Lots of Rain on West Coast on Saturday

These are some possible under plays...

WSU/Stanford Under 53 (line has dropped from 57) Grass Surface
Oregon/Cal Under 59.5 (line has dropped from 66.5) Turf Surface
ASU / Oregon St Under 53.5 (line has not moved) Turf Surface

I feel like maybe we lost the opportunity to bet the under in the Cal game already. And since the game is on turf, the rain shouldn't affect play as much? But a 7 point drop is a BIG drop...

I'm thinking the Stanford under is the best play here. On grass. And under is 6-0 L6 meetings.

I also find it weird that the ASU/Oregon State line has not dropped at all despite the rain in the forecast...

Would love to hear thoughts...

Old Post 10-31-08 06:39 PM
GoBlue01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoBlue01 Click here to Send GoBlue01 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

I also saw the rain coming. Was thinking about Washington State and the 30 points, but they are so bad. Still considering. Can Stanford score 30.

Also saw that the temperature for the Oregon State game will be in the 45-55 range, w rain. Arizona State will not like this cold.

Old Post 10-31-08 06:46 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

"Also saw that the temperature for the Oregon State game will be in the 45-55 range, w rain. Arizona State will not like this cold."

Maybe one reason why the line opened at 11 and is now up to 15? Any big injuries of note in this game?

oregon State 4-1 ATS L5 Home vs. Arizona State as well...

Old Post 10-31-08 07:03 PM
GoBlue01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoBlue01 Click here to Send GoBlue01 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

GoBlue

already had these on the radar LOL don't be such a stranger, college hoops a week from monday
GL

Old Post 10-31-08 07:23 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

Carpenter’s ankle injury has definitely hindered his accuracy and effectiveness and will likely linger for the rest of the season.

Carpenter says he’s fine, but his decreasing numbers since the injury sure don’t make it seem that way.

Junior Kyle Williams, who has 14 catches for 252 yards and two touchdowns so far this season, has been ruled out for Saturday because of a concussion.

The Sun Devils’ rushing yards per game (87) still ranks ninth in the conference and 114th of 119 in the nation.

While he stands at just 5 feet 7 inches, Rodgers(OSU) currently ranks first in the Pac-10 in rushing yards per game (116). Team averages 174 on the ground.

But the Sun Devil defense ranks seventh in the Pac-10 in rushing yards allowed per game (165).

Slade Norris has been causing havoc in opposing teams’ backfields as of late. He has racked up 4.5 sacks in the Beavers’ past three games and has also forced three fumbles so far this season.

Victor Butler, Norris’ counterpart at the other end position, also has two sacks and two forced fumbles.

The Beavers’ rushing defense ranks fifth in the conference (126 yards per game) and is giving up nearly 40 fewer yards per game than the Sun Devils.

ASU has talent on the defensive line, but OSU has been better as a group at stopping the run and getting pressure on the quarterback.

Old Post 10-31-08 08:03 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

msu - been mired in an extended slump lately and have a bunch going on right now...but feel like I have a good read on some games this weekend...gonna post a bit later.

i got burned so bad in the tournament last season I am scared of college hoops LOL...gonna try to be really selective this season and play mainly ML plays. Can't take free throws and referees ruining my ATS bets!!

looking forward to your plays this weekend...Good luck with your selections!

JD - thanks for the info on Oregon State. hopefully that will be an icing on the cake Late game after a good day tomorrow!

Old Post 10-31-08 11:22 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: