StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > StatFox 4th Annual Running of the Bowls Contest
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox John
Administrator

StatFox 4th Annual Running of the Bowls Contest

So you think you can cap the Bowl Games?

Here's your chance to prove it.

All you have to do is Pick 17 out of 34 Bowl games ATS ranking them from 1-17.

You can begin making your selections now.

Old Post 12-18-08 08:29 PM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
captainjoe388
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Can you play totals or just sides? I didnt see anything in the
rules. I see that totals are posted so I wasnt sure.
Thanks

" Live Long and Prosper"
Mr. Spock

Old Post 12-19-08 06:39 AM
captainjoe388 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for captainjoe388 Click here to Send captainjoe388 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

Just sides ( ATS ) for this one.

Old Post 12-19-08 01:33 PM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Picks can be made up to 15 mins before game time?

Old Post 12-19-08 06:42 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

Yes, picks can be made up until 15 minutes before scheduled game time.

Old Post 12-19-08 06:48 PM
rpp

Found a flaw in the system

When I was making picks and I selected a pick and the point values came up I accidently picked the same point value I previously picked. So I have two game for the same point value but one only shows up on as selected. I found in years past when you selected a point value it automatically took it off the selection list the ones you have picked allready to avoid confusion. If you can take a look it would be appreciated.

Statfox rocks

Thanks
RPP

Old Post 12-20-08 03:47 AM
rpp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rpp Click here to Send rpp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
allbus

Good luck everyone!

"Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is." --- Vince Lombardi

Old Post 12-21-08 08:17 AM
allbus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for allbus Click here to Send allbus a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

RPP,
Thanks for letting me know about the pick submission problem.

There is code for checking that you don't have to submissions at the same rating, but the form was just skipping that entry without letting you know that it was already entered.

I have changed the form so that it does not display ratings in the select box for any that you have already used.

You didn't have any duplications on ratings.

Old Post 12-21-08 03:28 PM
TREND SETTER

Question 1 . Where do I enter the point values for my picks?

Question 2. How come when I check a box for a play and then go to check another box a pop up comes up saying no more plays?

Old Post 12-28-08 08:47 PM
TREND SETTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TREND SETTER Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

Pick one game at a time and on the next screen you will be able to assign a point value.

You can also start on your Profile page by selecting a "point slot".

Old Post 12-28-08 09:48 PM
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

how do you determine winner

is the winner most units or most points?

burytheb

Burytheb

Old Post 01-02-09 02:46 PM
burytheb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burytheb Click here to Send burytheb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

The winner is determined by total points.

If there is a tie in points then it goes to whoever has more higher rated selections and then whoever has more SU winners, and then units.

Old Post 01-02-09 03:26 PM
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

;-0)

Is there a prize for having the most points with only 14 picks ... ?

Old Post 01-09-09 06:10 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
PaddyWhacked
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Boobie Prize

How about a boobie prize for going 0-16?
152 PADDYWHACKED 0-16-0 0.0% -167.20 0

Old Post 01-10-09 12:42 AM
PaddyWhacked is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PaddyWhacked Click here to Send PaddyWhacked a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ZZZZ
FoxDen Hall of Famer

burytheb.... way to go Champ , great job . It was fun. And everyone did a good job... tks , tom

winning isn't everything.........

its the only thing...........

Old Post 01-10-09 01:12 AM
ZZZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZZZZ Click here to Send ZZZZ a Private Message Edit post   Report post
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

zzzzzzzzzzz

thankjs zzzzzzzz it was fun

burythe b

Burytheb

Old Post 01-10-09 01:36 AM
burytheb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burytheb Click here to Send burytheb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox John
Administrator

Congrats to the winners of the Running Of The Bowls Contest

1st place goes to: BURYTHEB

2nd Place goes to: MACDADDY

3rd place goes to: MIKE1234

and 4th place goes to: SDS23

There were 52 all together with positive units, leaving 102 with negative units. Must be nice to be the bookie. ;)

Winners can Private Message me with their logins to The FoxSheets and I'll extend your subscriptions, or if you have never been a member then let me know your e-mail & Name and I'll set you up.

Old Post 01-10-09 01:47 AM
StatFox John
Administrator

Sorry paddywhacked, no booby prize, but maybe one of the winners will donate their subscription to you. You may need it more than them ;)

Old Post 01-10-09 01:49 AM
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thank You Statfox and John

Thank you statfox and john for hosting the event.

And all have a great year.

glta

burytheb

Burytheb

Old Post 01-10-09 11:38 AM
Chico1856
StatFox Hall of Famer

Way to go BurytheB !!

Statfox John, who won the Random Drawing?

http://unmetneeds.com/

LIFE: Sometimes you're the baby, sometimes you're the diaper

Old Post 01-11-09 12:41 AM
Chico1856 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chico1856 Click here to Send Chico1856 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: