StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Nfl Referees - DET v HOU
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Fluid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nfl Referees - DET v HOU

I thought all TDs were supposed to be reviewed. Why is this one different?

Old Post 11-22-12 08:51 PM
Fluid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fluid Click here to Send Fluid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Whistle never blew?? Just like the refs on that call..

Oh, it's the rat faces fault

Old Post 11-22-12 08:52 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Fluid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow! Because Schwartz threw the flag it couldn't be challenged!!! That is one of the dumber rules. Its new for this year, but Schwartz should have known that.

Old Post 11-22-12 08:54 PM
Fluid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fluid Click here to Send Fluid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yeah that's all on him.

And a fireable offense if Detroit loses.

Life can only be understood backwords. But it must be lived forward.

Old Post 11-22-12 08:56 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Fluid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

He's on thin ice as it is. Far too much talent on that team to have this many losses.

Old Post 11-22-12 08:57 PM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

exactly!

All the momentum is with Houston right now

Old Post 11-22-12 09:00 PM
Rbsurgeon

Hmmmm

So, the smart play would have been foe Kubiac to throw the challenge flag, take the penalty, lose a time out, but get the td!

Old Post 11-22-12 09:06 PM
Rbsurgeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rbsurgeon Click here to Send Rbsurgeon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I've rewound that rule in my head 100x.

Doesn't make any sense at all either way you spin it.

Old Post 11-22-12 09:13 PM
TheFixIsIn
FoxDen Hall of Famer

no reason why they cant review it get the call right and then after that penalize schwartz

I know all the rules but the rules do not know me, Guaranteed- Eddie Vedder

Old Post 11-22-12 09:40 PM
TheFixIsIn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheFixIsIn Click here to Send TheFixIsIn a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Phil Simms annoys me!! Volume down.

Old Post 11-22-12 10:02 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Haven't had a chance

to see the play yet. But look who's the referee. Coleman. That crew is a jinx to any bet! aka ..... 'The Tuck', Palomalu int return, SD/Indy playoff, etc...

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 11-22-12 10:44 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Fluid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Simms is terrible. He acted like today's game was the first time he saw a D-lineman bat a ball down.

"The NFL is a copycat league and defensive coaches will coach this a little more" - after Watt bats one down.

Old Post 11-22-12 10:44 PM
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Rule...

RBSurgeon,

That's an interesting point...never thought of that...I wonder if there is another rule to prevent that...

I had never heard of this before either until last week when it happened in the Arizona / Atlanta game when Atl tried to challenge a fumble turnover...and when they challenged it became no longer reviewable...

But I agree, coaches should know this that all scoring plays and turnovers are reviewable...

Old Post 11-22-12 11:19 PM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Something tells me that this rule will be modified next year.

Oh, and IM, lets not speak ill of the "Tuck Rule"

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 11-23-12 01:39 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Re Simms

Not sure if anyone noticed but he had a huuuuuge wager on Texans.

After forsett scored the fake touchdown he made a comment saying "that's good". then he changed his comment to . "I mean now all the coaches will know not to do that".

Luckily, it shouldn't have any FF implications.

Old Post 11-23-12 02:09 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: