StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bad Beats
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bad Beats

As i've gotten older i've tried to limit my crying about bad beats as i know it's just the nature of the beast.

Anyhow, i put a thread up a little over 2yrs ago after Brett Favre threw the pick 6 during the Vikings Jets game costing me the W. I stated how that loss didn't even crack the top 10 worst beats during my life. I still remember the NorthWestern game in which 8 people had the chance to make a tackle and missed, costing me another W.

So here's 3 games. While they might not be the worst beats of my life, the 3 definitely mark the worst weekend of luck i've experienced as far as i can remember.

Event Date- 11/24/12
Baylor -3.5 over Texas Tech
Tech jumps out to a big lead and commits too many turnovers to count in the 2nd half. Baylor has the chance to end the game with a field goal as regulation expires. Misses by 1yrd. Baylor win by a TD in overtime.

Event Date- 11/24/12
Notre Dame -4.5 over USC
Ya'll watched this game. The backdoor cover was there. 8 chances from inside the 10 and 4 from the 1yd line and they couldn't get in.

Event Date 11/25/12
Baltimore -1.5 over San Diego
When San Diego went up 13-3 with just over 7min left in the 4th i knew it would be tough. But with 7min to go, the ravens, who had done nothing all game turn into the Oregon Ducks and convert a 4th and 29 to Ray Rice sending the game into overtime and prolonging the inevitable. A Ravens win and cover.
Credit Ray Rice (whom i hate) for making a big play. Good teams make plays.

I decided to cut my losses after that game. I did like the Over in last nights game and had i won San Diego i would have played it. 38-10 with a ton of football left and nothing. So regardless, it just wasn't my weekend.

BOL to all. Just thought i'd share as i know there are a few who woke up this morning shaking their heads.

Life can only be understood backwords. But it must be lived forward.

Old Post 11-26-12 05:07 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I went broke Saturday. Sunday I crushed. Gambling is insanity.

Best of luck tonight.

Old Post 11-26-12 05:11 PM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

How can you hate Ray Rice? Minus the obvious of course

Old Post 11-26-12 05:28 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

parlyed giants and over(31-10at half total 50) .... four shots from inside 5 to make it go over... they go for it on fourth down.. needed field goal...
had usc and over 1h vs nd... ndame elects to go for it with less than a minute left from their own twenty... ended up making 51 yd field goal as time expired to get me.

Had numbers on football board for cowboy game... end of game dallas tries onside kik. skin player catches it and heads to the end zone untouched with no time left... inexplicably lays down on the one yd line... I woulda won the board if he scores...

and many more....

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 11-26-12 05:29 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

football betting can drive you to drink, if you don't already. i always say if i can get 50% of the crazy finishes to go my way, i'll have a winning season...this season is one of them. yesterday was crazy unbelievable. had un bears 38.5....middle of the 3rd Q it was 28-10 and that was the final..also there were 2 blocked field goals, i can't remember a game ever with 2 blocked FG'S. hang in there double, the worm always turns.

Old Post 11-26-12 05:39 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

from the archives

back in the day...the 80's, i was having a terrific season. made the largest bet of my life on an over play, sd/oak. fouts and stabler.
had $2,200 on ov 51. at the half oak was ahead 49-0. i'm buying rounds for people i never saw before. 1st play of the 3rd Q fouts goes down and is gone for the day. this guy ed luther comes in....bottom line no pts 2nd half. oak was handing the ball off to marv hubbard the rest of the game and SD never crossed mid-field.
that was gods way of saying don't bet 2k on games anymore.

Old Post 11-26-12 06:05 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
creed05

Ronnie

You would have to go back to the 70's f/ Stabler to still be in Oak.
Traded to houston in 1980...Plunkett won SB in 80 f/ oak..
Marv Hubbard was the 70's...Van EEghan later...

Old Post 11-26-12 07:59 PM
creed05 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creed05 Click here to Send creed05 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

you're probably right...i smoked more weed then bob marley in those years. anyway, it was a crusher.

Old Post 11-26-12 08:34 PM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ronnie..

Thanks for sharing that story. Crazy the ups and downs of this game.

Old Post 11-26-12 09:37 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Wasn't my day either buddy. I look at different things than most of the guys I talk to here, and I got killed too.

Bad bounces all weekend

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 11-26-12 09:44 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I don't know what you guys are upset about anyways. I've lost more than all of you gambling on here. Nobody posts more losers than me other than Blowmoe.

Old Post 11-26-12 11:27 PM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

blowmo....priceless

Old Post 11-26-12 11:46 PM
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Rose still owes me....

Biggest bet I lost was when Memphis blew a 9 point lead with under 2 minutes to play. Turnovers, missed free throws, and a 25' rainbow from hell off of Chalmers' right hand! Now Rose is one of the best free throw shooters in the league. Go figure. Rock and chalk my azz!! LOL

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 11-27-12 12:46 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cbones
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I was on Tx Tech too

I was in that same boat with ya Double. Texas Tech was my largest play of the day and had me seeing red the rest of the day. Just got get back up on that horse to play another day.

Old Post 11-27-12 01:32 AM
cbones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbones Click here to Send cbones a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kcgreene06
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ravens vs. Giants (2001)

I took the under (37) and Baltimore had a 10-0 lead at the half. New York couldn't move the football against that stout Ravens defense. Late in the third quarter, New York runs a punt back for a TD. On the ensuing kick-off, Baltimore runs it back for another TD. On New York's ensuing drive, Kerry Collins throws a pick six. Three touchdowns in 33 seconds to mark an NFL record! The total went over mid-way through the fourth quarter, and my promising play ended up in the loss column!

Old Post 11-27-12 01:38 AM
kcgreene06 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kcgreene06 Click here to Send kcgreene06 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Kc don't you love when the announcers say. "That's a record". Like ray rices 4th and 29 was the longest from scrimmage on 4th since mcnabbs 4th and 26. I remember having a bad feeling on that play also!

What was that game in with northwestern missed 8 tackles in the final minute of play? It was like 3yrs ago. I should remember

Old Post 11-27-12 01:43 AM
kcgreene06
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Michigan State! I think Northwestern was -1 and I lost big on that one as well! I think I posted that play on that dreadful Saturday!!

Old Post 11-27-12 01:47 AM
kcgreene06 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kcgreene06 Click here to Send kcgreene06 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

isn't it amazing how we can remember every detail of these kind of losses and can't remember what color eyes your wife or girlfriend has.

Old Post 11-27-12 01:51 AM
kcgreene06
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LOL

True Ronnie!!

Old Post 11-27-12 01:53 AM
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hahahahaha.

It was Michigan state but I think northwestern was getting like 5?? I remember Michigan state just needed a 1st to run out clock but instead you saw northwestern guys bouncing off one by one.

It was a fishy line to begin with

Old Post 11-27-12 02:03 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: