StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 3/5 NCAA Basketball Selections
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

3/5 NCAA Basketball Selections

5* SMU +3 vs Louisville
5* UNLV +2.5 vs San Diego State
4* Duquesne +4 vs Massachusetts
3* Oregon State +9.5 vs Arizona
3* Air Force +18 vs New Mexico
2* Campbell +5.5 vs Charleston Southern
2* Stanford -8.5 vs Colorado
2* California -3.5 vs Utah
2* SIU-Edwardsville +5 vs Tennessee Tech
2* Army +6 vs Bucknell

Old Post 03-05-14 07:17 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
waverunner

with you on SMU +3, actually got +3.5

Old Post 03-05-14 07:25 PM
waverunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for waverunner Click here to Send waverunner a Private Message Edit post   Report post
NYHigh
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hate banging heads with you on SIUE, but with the way I've been picking this year -- that may be a good thing for you. GL.

Old Post 03-05-14 08:52 PM
NYHigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NYHigh Click here to Send NYHigh a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good luck Brian, Like Airforce getting 18. See you at the window.
Pete

Terpman

Old Post 03-05-14 11:27 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

hate to shift on you tonight, let's get after'em tonight
GL

Old Post 03-06-14 12:27 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

May join you at the top. I'm playing Rutgers, so might as well play SMU thinking both UCONN and Louisville looking ahead to each other. GL with all of these

Old Post 03-06-14 12:40 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

1-3-1, -7.45 with 5 to go

5* SMU +3 vs Louisville -- LOSER
4* Duquesne +4 vs Massachusetts -- PUSH
3* Air Force +18 vs New Mexico
2* Campbell +5.5 vs Charleston Southern -- LOSER
2* Stanford -8.5 vs Colorado
2* SIU-Edwardsville +5 vs Tennessee Tech -- LOSER
2* Army +6 vs Bucknell -- WINNER

Old Post 03-06-14 03:12 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

thought we had ducane.. two free throws at 00 on clok.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 03-06-14 03:20 AM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

1-5-1, -12.7 with UNLV, Oregon State, and Cal to go

3* Air Force +18 vs New Mexico -- LOSER
2* Stanford -8.5 vs Colorado -- LOSER

Old Post 03-06-14 04:45 AM
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FINAL RESULTS (2-7-1, -17.05)

5* UNLV +2.5 vs San Diego State -- LOSER
3* Oregon State +9.5 vs Arizona -- WINNER
3* Air Force +18 vs New Mexico -- LOSER
2* Stanford -8.5 vs Colorado -- LOSER
2* California -3.5 vs Utah -- LOSER

Old Post 03-06-14 07:13 AM
waverunner

BnB,

Any thought about focusing on fewer plays, or focusing on a conference you know best?

I'll join the rest of your fans and say you'll bounce back, but the ups and downs with your plays are huge. Have you had streaks where you have won 5 days in a row? What is your season record? (W-L, Net Units).

thanks
WR

Old Post 03-06-14 07:36 AM
waverunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for waverunner Click here to Send waverunner a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RWB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WR -

BnB is one of the most consistent and friendliest cappers on this site. I would suggest that if you are inclined to follow him to pick out a couple of his plays that you like best. At the end of the day, you have to make your own bets and giving someone with thousands and thousands of posts advice, is the wrong way to go about it.

RWB

MLB 1ST 5 Innings:
19-26-11 (-2.39)

Old Post 03-06-14 09:03 PM
RWB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RWB Click here to Send RWB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Concur with you on this.Treat his plays like you would a newsletter you might read, they have all kinds of insight and direction but you dont play all of their plays or bash them when more are wrong then right. This guy puts work into forum,so he should be appreciated.

Old Post 03-06-14 11:08 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks, guys. Waverunner, thanks for the "friendly" advice. As I've said many times, there are many ways to bet sports. You can play a game a week or 20 a night. 23 wasn't too many games Saturday because I went 15-8. You play your way, and I will play my way. Feel free to tail or fade, it really doesn't matter to me. Or another idea would be to play your own games, which you have yet to post a single one.

Old Post 03-07-14 12:26 AM
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice ending BnB

America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism,its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine those three areas America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin
....Just something to think about...

Old Post 03-07-14 12:29 AM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FantasyBBGuru

Season record

waverunner, I suspect you aren't as new here as you look, but if not I will share my BNB tracking report with you and the other newbies.

Look back on my past posts to see previous years following BNB plays. He has changed only one thing, he plays fewer games.

He refuses to change anything else, and he doesn't track his season record because it would show his poor results.

Going into tonight for 2014 the record, not counting pushes:

1405 Units
238 Wins (currently 52%+)
216 Losses
+4.4 Overall profit or loss
3.09 Average Units per play
0.01 Profit per play
0.0% ROI

You see it correctly, he is currently positive thru yesterday.

This is the BEST record and ROI that BNB has shown in the past 4 years at this point. Because he obviously makes so small plays, he apparently can always get reduced 5% vig, so he actually would show a greater flat bet profit of +11.2, which shows you not to follow his units.

By the way, it used to be that his 5* and 4* plays had a higher winning % and were playable, but even then he was losing overall because he grinds himself down with all the plays. If he plays all his games and follows msudogs and diamondjim and others, how much could he possibly be playing? It doesn't matter.

I'm sure the haters will chime in, they always do, because they ignore the facts. The record is what the record is. I don't care how many posts you have, I don't care that BNB has 20,000 posts, I don't care that he is in the HOF, I don't care if you post or not. If you aren't good enough to post games, why post them? If you are good enough to post them, why not track and post your own record? BNB had a couple good years a long time ago, whatever he did back then worked for him apparently, but it hasn't worked overall in the last 4 years.

I don't wish anyone here bad luck, I still think 95% of the players here lose and BNB is no different. He may know college basketball as a fan, but not as a winning player. If you win following his record by picking out a couple games a night, you are extremely lucky because BNB is not good enough to follow and not bad enough to fade. BNB plays are no better than a coin flip either way.

I'll answer a couple of your questions:
26 Winning Days
25 Losing Days
7 Longest Winning Streak (next was 4 days)
6 Longest Losing streak
+42.8 Highest Profit overall thru 1/14
-51.65 Highest Losses overall thru 1/29
(so -94.45 in 15 days)

I advise you to go back and look at previous threads before you follow anyone here.

I'm not sure why you commented on diamondjim, he posts, he tracks his record accurately, he wins.

This isn't personal. BNB seems like a good guy, a lot of people here are good guys, some are not, but the record is what the record is.

Old Post 03-07-14 04:14 AM
FantasyBBGuru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FantasyBBGuru Click here to Send FantasyBBGuru a Private Message Edit post   Report post
waverunner

Guru,

Thanks for the comprehensive response. No effective edge with bnb's plays, but a friendly, well-intentioned guy delivering them. We all need friends. Obviously there's value there.

Old Post 03-07-14 04:33 PM
waverunner

Diamond seems to be about quality over quantity. Is his sample size and winning over time enough to define him as a great capper? I suppose that's a matter of opinion.

Slump aside, I like what I see.

Old Post 03-07-14 04:36 PM
Zaba

Its easy to criticize others from behind a keyboard but it takes courage to make the posts bnb and msu and others put out there. From what I have seen, no one claims to be a great capper and I don't think anyone is. There is a multi billion dollar industry that has long algorithms to determine the lines in college ball and they are really good at it. One guy versus the machine and wins 52% is excellent! Now, with that said, is there any money it? Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't. If you only bet for money you may only play early conference schedules, injuries, and suspensions. There is no fun in that though and that's not guaranteed either. When UCLA suspended 2 guys before the game it still took 2 overtimes before I got paid. The next money making opportunity is the NCAA tournament. Between now and then I am just having fun.
Cheers

Old Post 03-07-14 06:36 PM
Zaba is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zaba Click here to Send Zaba a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: