StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Olympic Curling
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

Olympic Curling

nice spots coming up

How to Bet on Curling
A range of curling markets are available for this year’s Winter Olympic curling competition.

Curling match betting – Who will win the match? This is the same as money line betting in the NFL or the 1X2 in soccer without the draw.

Curling handicap betting – The bookmaker assigns a + or - handicap to each team. That set number of points is then added to - or subtracted from a + to determine the final score and outcome of the bet.

Olympic curling outright betting – Betting on a team to win the competition. At the Winter Olympics this would be a bet on a team to win the gold medal.

Olympic curling totals betting - Betting on whether the total number of points scored by both sides will be over or under a figure set by the bookmaker.

2018 Winter Olympic Curling Betting
Since Curling does not have the same amount of data available as some other sports, it is important to look at previous results when making curling predictions. The major curling event of each year is the Curling World Championship. This event mirrors the format of the Olympic curling tournament and places the teams under the same pressures they will encounter at the Winter Olympic Games.

Previous Olympic results show that Canada have dominated the Olympic curling competition. Since curling’s reintroduction in 1998 Canada have never failed to medal at an Olympic Games across both the men’s and women’s events. they are once again favourites in the women's curling odds and men's curling odds.

The Canadians come into the 2018 Pyeongyang Olympics as world champions in both sections. They also won gold in both events in 2014 and have won the last three men’s titles. Despite the Canadian’s dominance, it is interesting that only one world finalist has ever claimed the silver medal at the following years Olympics. Since only the World’s best seven teams qualify (plus the hosts South Korea) all of the games should be close contests. Perhaps even the underdogs from South Korea can make the most of their home advantage.

Switzerland have won six of the nine world championships played in the new mixed doubles event and are current World Champions. However, the event is in its infancy and has seen an increase in funding since becoming an Olympic event so the competition could be hard to predict so bettors could find value in the mixed doubles curling odds.

China have found success in the mixed doubles format with a bronze medal at the 2017 world championships and may offer value at 5.50* to win the tournament. The Chinese could win only their second ever Olympic curling medal if they repeat or better their World Championship performance in PyeongChang.

Old Post 02-18-18 03:08 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mike I can't tell you how much I appreciate your dedication to the Den and the invaluable information you bring. I've been dealing with some health issues for the past several months and haven't had the strength/ability to participate at the level I deem acceptable. I am starting to turn the corner and hope to be a solid contributing factor in the Den for months & years to come. And with that said I'd suggest, and have parlayed everything I like with the Canadian Women's curling team tonight as they should look to snuff China out and make the "postseason" (as I see it) of curling. BOL guys and take care!

Old Post 02-20-18 02:25 AM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
AkiraWulf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hope you're better soon man, will keep you in prayers

Old Post 02-20-18 04:04 AM
AkiraWulf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AkiraWulf Click here to Send AkiraWulf a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ballinhj12
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Really appreciate it brother. Love what you've been doing, and I hope/will contribute asap. BOL and Cap-on!

Old Post 02-20-18 05:04 AM
ballinhj12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballinhj12 Click here to Send ballinhj12 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

ballinhj12

hope you're doing better, glad to pass along the info, that's what it's all about
GL

Old Post 02-22-18 12:08 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Men's Curling Gold Medal Game
opener

Sweden -260
USA +200

Before the Olympics started, Sweden was +225, USA +2500

Savvy curling bettors on Sweden, up to -350. USA now +260.

Old Post 02-23-18 11:56 PM
msudogs

Sweden up to -385 at Bookmaker and getting 24% of bets. USA at +290 getting 76% of bets.

Old Post 02-24-18 08:36 AM
msudogs

I know little about Curling but Skip had the lowest shot percentage of anyone in the Round Robin yet in the Gold medal game.

Old Post 02-24-18 09:16 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: