StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The Lippsman split !!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The Lippsman split !!

Tried and true and very much copied on the net too.

Betcha' you didn't know I was a poet ?

I started this back in the days of Q-Link, before it was called AOL. Posted it back in 1986 when you accessed online with a dial up modem.

The whole goal is to win the first dog play in series. But if you don't get that first game then you play for the split on the 2nd one. I look for at least a +120 payback. There can be no injuries to any of your 1st liners. You win the first one you walk away. You lose the first then play the dog in the 2nd one. Don't chase....don't chase....don't chase.

This is for the first two games in the series only.

This reason it works well most seasons is that in the NHL as most playoffs, the teams play a much better D than usual. So a lower scoring game gives a boost to the dog. Also being just the first two games the teams don't usually take any chances and err on the side of caution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there are variations that I do not recommend but they are out there and well.....they have been know to turn a profit.

1. Chasing the first game on a loss.......I hate chasing and it's too much of a risk.

2. If the dog wins the first game you take the fave in the 2nd one. I will play this sometimes. But it's juiced more than -140. Which it usually is, then of course I play the -1 line. You notice I didn't mention the regulation line. That's because there is just too much of a chance of OT in the playoffs. Don't play regulation lines. Play the -1.

You will notice this has a twinge of how I usually play the first few weeks of the season, by taking dogs of +125 or more. Don't forget that in pucks, home ice really doesn't mean squat. Use that to your advantage.

Old Post 04-10-17 01:19 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Rangers +124
Jackets +135
Blues +131
Sharks +122
Leafs +173
Preds +144
Flames +138

Old Post 04-10-17 09:16 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Any injuries of note?

Thanks as always!

Old Post 04-10-17 10:16 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I love it! Let's do this...

Old Post 04-11-17 07:06 AM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

eels

Nothing of note

Old Post 04-11-17 01:58 PM
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Lippsman

Now that Ottawa is a +120 home dog...any thought to playing them as well?

Old Post 04-12-17 07:08 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey, at +120 I would but I didn't get that line in time

Old Post 04-13-17 02:29 AM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A fantastic start for the split this year, 3 splits won on the first night. Also note these were the early lines, if you waited to make your wager you would of gotten a better payout on all of the wins.

Rangers +124 Winner
Jackets +135 Ooops
Blues +131 Winner
Sharks +122 Winner

Old Post 04-13-17 04:34 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Updated odds for the games tonight

Leafs +214
Preds +150
Flames +155

Old Post 04-13-17 05:07 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The only play tonight is the Jackets

Jackets +150

Old Post 04-14-17 05:01 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ok, two plays today. We need to hit one of these.

Leafs +200
Flames +140

Old Post 04-15-17 09:57 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Leafs !!!!!!!!

Old Post 04-16-17 05:45 AM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well the final tally for the 1st round

5-5 +2.27 units

See that is the power of playing this way, you go .500 and pick up +2.27 units

Till next round !!

Old Post 04-16-17 04:53 PM
usc1990
FoxDen Hall of Famer

$$$ I'll take +2 units any day of the week.

Old Post 04-17-17 06:51 AM
usc1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for usc1990 Click here to Send usc1990 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Went 5-5 +2.27 units for the first round. But looks like a serious lack of plays for the 2nd round.

Right now it's the Pens at +123 as the only play. The Oilers could be a play if they bump up a little. They range from +110-119. I really think the public will push that line down throughout the day.,

So...........

Pens +123, although I am not going to lock that down yet. If it goes down to +120 I will lock it.

GL

Old Post 04-25-17 03:08 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Oilers +120

Old Post 04-26-17 10:40 PM
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

And the Oilers are a Winner !!!!!

Now onto the Pens !

Old Post 04-27-17 07:26 AM
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Looks like you guys are doing great. Keep it up!

GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

"When luck shuts the door, you need to go through the window. That's where the skill comes in". - Doyle Brunson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNob...feature=related

Old Post 04-27-17 06:26 PM
Carelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carelli Click here to Send Carelli a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well look at who it is.......

Carelli, where have you been my friend !! Stick around

Old Post 04-27-17 08:03 PM
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

lippsman,

I wish I had something exciting to tell you like I was out climbing Mount Everest or I was in maximum security prison.

The truth is I went through a divorce, two lower back surgeries, and work.

Now that things are getting back to normal I should be around more.

"When luck shuts the door, you need to go through the window. That's where the skill comes in". - Doyle Brunson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNob...feature=related

Old Post 04-27-17 11:05 PM
Carelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carelli Click here to Send Carelli a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: