StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Anyone gonna do a MLB POD contest thread?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anyone gonna do a MLB POD contest thread?

Years past and for each sport it seems someone has kept a thread with each posters record/units. Anyone want to do one for MLB? I might be able to do it or at least help with it. Will be out of town from 4/13 - 4/24 but could be more involved after those dates. What do you all think?

Old Post 04-04-17 06:04 PM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ok guys, I'd be willing to run an MLB POD thread for the month of May and possibly beyond depending on work schedule and family obligations. If at the end of May I either can no longer commit or just feel like it's too much someone else may have to take over in June or the thread may end. (to be determined)

I would request the following rules for the POD thread. First it would be your one best play of the day each day from May 1-31.

It can be a total, a ml or a rl, 1st 5 inn plays will be accepted however please post your line and where you got it from. All other lines should be taken from the statfox scoreboard. Each play will be graded based on 1 unit.

ex: Yankees -122 1.22 wins 1.00
Yankees win, you win 1.00 Yankees lose you lose 1.22.

ex 2: Yankees +122
Yankees win you win 1.22 Yankees lose you lose 1.00

I will do my best to update the leader board daily but might be every other day. Please keep your own record as well in case of any mistakes I may make.

One last thing. I would like to limit it to the first 25 people who respond in this thread. If you don't plan on posting everyday or at least a majority of the days in May then please don't sign up just follow along and tail the hot cappers.

Any other questions or suggestions please feel free, otherwise sign up in this thread and we will get this thing rolling May 1.

Old Post 04-26-17 12:41 AM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in!

Thanks for kicking this off Gush. I have helped run the contest in the past but I know for a fact I cannot help this season. I have a project at work that just sucks the life out of me and my day!

One question...how are you going to determine the leader board? I suggest by most units won vs. W-L record. This will better reward/punish the -215 ML plays, etc.

Thanks again!
Paul

Old Post 04-26-17 01:03 AM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great point eels, I will do my best to keep a w/l record along with a total units won record as well.

1. Gush
2. eels
etc...

Old Post 04-26-17 03:25 AM
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

500+ hits on the thread and two people signed up? No interest? Either way is fine with me...

Old Post 04-27-17 12:40 AM
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in

Old Post 04-27-17 12:53 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Count me in.

6 Rings

Old Post 04-27-17 05:28 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm in.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 04-28-17 12:04 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

650+ views and 5 people have signed up? We would start this tomorrow, however if there is not much interest then we will just squash it and everyone can continue to just do there own thing...

Old Post 04-30-17 02:08 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: