StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Cnotes MLB May's News-Notes-Trends & Best Bets !!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Mariners (20-22) at Indians (23-17)

Game: 2
Venue: Progressive Field
Date: May 18, 2013 1:05 PM EDT

It's been hard for Joe Saunders to figure out why he can't lose at home but has yet to win on the road.

The veteran left-hander looks to avoid a fifth consecutive losing road start as the Seattle Mariners face the surging Cleveland Indians on Saturday.

Saunders (3-4, 5.51 ERA) is 3-0 with an 0.94 ERA in four home starts this season, but 0-4 with a 12.54 ERA on the road.

"It's killing me,' he said after allowing one run in 6 1-3 innings of a 6-1 victory over Oakland on Sunday to improve to 9-0 with a 1.72 ERA in 13 career starts at Safeco Field. "I know I have it in me. It's just a matter of doing it on the road."

Saunders has given up 22 runs and 29 hits over 14 2-3 innings of his last three starts away from home. He went 41-31 with a 3.66 ERA in 90 road starts in his previous eight seasons.

"It's hard to explain," he told the Mariners' official website. "I pride myself on being a good road pitcher and that hasn't happened yet. So hopefully the next start I can finally turn the page."

Saunders is 2-1 with a 3.19 ERA in six starts against the Indians, including 1-0 with a 3.09 ERA in two at Cleveland - where he last pitched in 2008.

He'll try to help Seattle (20-22) bounce back from a 6-3, 10-inning loss Friday.

Jason Kipnis' second three-run homer in as many games came with two outs in the 10th and sent the Indians (23-17) to their 15th win in 20 games. They are 10-2 during that stretch at home.

"You never want to put too much emphasis on different wins, but we knew we had a big crowd," said Kipnis, whose winner came in front of announced 34,282 people. "To get a win in front of them and to get it like this in front of them, hopefully it brings some of them back."

Kipnis is 5 for 8 and also has two doubles in the last two contests. He's batting .389 with two homers and five RBIs during his last four against the Mariners.

Scheduled Cleveland starter Zach McAllister (3-3, 2.68) is 2-0 with a 1.74 ERA in three starts since he opened 1-3 with a 3.52 ERA. The right-hander gave up three runs in six innings of a 4-3, 10-inning win at Detroit on Sunday.

"I didn't feel like I had my best stuff," McAllister told the Indians' official website. "I was definitely happy with the way I battled."

Though McAllister is 0-1 with a 7.20 ERA in three starts against the Mariners, he allowed a solo homer to Michael Saunders and two other hits in six innings while not factoring in the decision of a 3-1 loss at Seattle on Aug. 22.

Michael Saunders is 2 for 19 with seven strikeouts in his last four games, but teammate Raul Ibanez had three hits, including a two-run homer, Friday.

Ibanez, who turns 41 in June, is batting .393 (11 for 28) with five homers and 14 RBIs in eight games this month. He hit .158 (9 for 57) with two home runs and five RBIs in 17 April contests.

---------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mariners at Indians
Fri, May 17 Final 3 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mariners at Indians
Sat, May 18 - 1:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Mariners at Indians
Sun, May 19 - 1:05PM EDT

GAME 4
Mariners at Indians
Mon, May 20 - 12:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's
GIRLS, GOLF,GAMBLING not in any particular order.

Old Post 05-18-13 03:05 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Mets (16-23) at Cubs (17-24)

Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: May 18, 2013 1:05 PM EDT

With their starting rotation finding at least some temporary stability, the New York Mets have put a six-game skid behind them. They can win a third straight for only the second time this season Saturday as they play the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field.

New York (16-23) had lost six in a row prior to Friday's 5-2 win at St. Louis, then followed that with a 3-2 win in the opener against Chicago on Friday.

During the losing streak, Mets starters posted a 7.16 ERA. In the two games since, Jonathon Niese and Matt Harvey combined to limit opponents to four runs over 14 2-3 innings.

Harvey recovered from a shaky first inning Friday and was mostly dominant the rest of the way. He allowed both runs on three hits in the first then followed that with 6 1-3 shutout innings while giving up two hits.

"He's not your run-of-the-mill young pitcher," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "This guy has got some savvy. He's got great confidence."

Harvey also provided the go-ahead run for himself with a single in the seventh, but otherwise, New York's offense remained mostly dormant with 31 runs on 78 hits over the last 11 games. David Wright went 3 for 4 with his sixth home run and is hitting .321 with 14 RBIs over his last 14 games against Chicago.

On the mound Saturday will be Jeremy Hefner (0-4, 4.61 ERA) for the Mets and Scott Feldman (3-3, 2.53 ERA) for the Cubs, two right-handers who have both thrown better of late.

New York has lost all seven of Hefner's starts, though he's yielded just 10 runs over 27 innings in his last four outings. Four of those runs came in the first inning.

"Not everything is gauged on wins and losses, although winning is the most important thing - especially in the big leagues," Hefner told the team's official website. "I need to keep the runs down early in the game, build some momentum and confidence for myself and the team, and hopefully we'll come out on the winning side more often than not."

Conversely, Chicago (17-24) has won each of Feldman's last four starts as he's recorded a 1.57 ERA, allowing 17 hits and seven walks over 28 2-3 innings. The Cubs dropped his first three outings as he gave up 14 runs - seven earned - over 14 innings.

"He's throwing the ball wherever he wants," manager Dale Sveum told the team's official website. "You just hope it continues."

The Cubs' defensive woes continued Friday as two more errors ran their season total to 33, their seventh multi-error game.

David DeJesus is 7 for 16 over his last four contests and Starlin Castro extended his hitting streak to seven games after going 2 for 4. Castro has collected at least one hit in 14 of his 16 games against New York, batting .344 lifetime.

Feldman was hit hard in his only previous start against the Mets, giving up seven runs and eight hits over five innings while with Texas on June 13, 2008. He's only faced two current Mets, with John Buck going 3 for 13 and Wright 0 for 2.

Hefner threw 1 1-3 scoreless innings of relief against the Cubs on June 26, 2012, hitting one batter.

New York's only other three-game winning streak this season was April 6-8.

----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mets at Cubs
Fri, May 17 Final 3 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mets at Cubs
Sat, May 18 - 1:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Mets at Cubs
Sun, May 19 - 2:20PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:09 PM
CNOTES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CNOTES Edit post   Report post
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Rays (21-20) at Orioles (23-18)

Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Date: May 18, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

The Baltimore Orioles are giving Jair Jurrjens a chance to revive his major league career.

Making his Orioles debut, Jurrjens tries to help his new team avoid a season-high fourth consecutive loss Saturday against the visiting Tampa Bay Rays.

Jurrjens was an All-Star with Atlanta in 2011 when he finished 13-6 with a 2.96 ERA. However, the Braves sent him to the minors after he started 0-2 with a 9.37 ERA in four starts last season. Jurrjens was recalled in June and went 3-2 with a 5.63 ERA in six starts before a strained groin ended his season in early August.

After Atlanta opted not to re-sign him, Jurrjens agreed to a minor league deal with Baltimore (23-18) in February. The 27-year-old right-hander went 4-1 with a 3.14 ERA in eight starts for Triple-A Norfolk this season.

"If the command is there, he'll give us a chance to win," manager Buck Showalter told the Orioles' official website. "It's been a long journey for him. I'm sure (Saturday), I don't know if anxiety's the word. He's done this before. We'll see. I'm anxious to see."

With an oblique injury to Wei-Yin Chen, Jurrjens is getting the opportunity to secure a spot in Baltimore's rotation.

"I haven't really been paying attention to my velocity," said Jurrjens, who is 53-37 with a 4.04 ERA in six seasons. "I really cannot tell you how fast I am throwing. I'm just happy with the way I've been performing the last couple outings. I'm getting a lot of swings and misses again, and that's a good sign. I'm just trying to repeat my delivery and keep being consistent and keep on getting innings."

This will be his first appearance versus Tampa Bay (21-20), which held on for a 12-10 series-opening win Friday.

While the Rays have won seven of nine, Baltimore has allowed 17 hits in each of the last two games and an average of 6.1 runs while losing five of seven.

Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar each had three hits and combined for seven RBIs for Tampa Bay, which almost blew a 12-4 lead when the Orioles scored six times in the eighth.

"We really should have been able to put that game away a lot better,' Rays manager Joe Maddon said after his team scored its most runs of the season.

Escobar is 10 for 23 (.435) with four doubles and six RBIs in six games.

Teammate Evan Longoria added two hits, and is batting .419 with 12 RBIs during an 11-game hitting streak. He's batted .389 while hitting safely in nine straight versus Baltimore.

Scheduled Tampa Bay starter Roberto Hernandez (2-4, 4.43) has allowed two or fewer runs in three of four starts, and three with 10 hits over 12 innings while going 1-0 in the last two. The right-hander gave up two runs in six innings of a 4-2 win over San Diego on Sunday.

Hernandez is 0-2 with a 5.25 ERA against the Orioles this season.

Baltimore's Adam Jones is 5 for 10 with two doubles versus Hernandez.

Chris Dickerson hit a three-run homer while Chris Davis, Manny Machado and Matt Wieters each had two RBIs on Friday for the Orioles.

Davis is batting .414 with 24 RBIs in his last 16 games against the Rays.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rays at Orioles
Fri, May 17 Final 12 to 10
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rays at Orioles
Sat, May 18 - 4:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Rays at Orioles
Sun, May 19 - 1:35PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:11 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: White Sox (19-21) at Angels (15-27)

Game: 3
Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim

While the Chicago White Sox are in the midst of their most successful stretch of the season, the Los Angeles Angels yet again find themselves in a slide.

The visiting White Sox look to extend their season-high winning streak to five games by keeping Joe Blanton winless and handing the Angels a fourth consecutive defeat Saturday.

Chicago (19-21) dropped five of seven before Chris Sale one-hit Los Angeles to salvage one victory during a three-game home set Sunday. The White Sox lost 10-3 the next night at Minnesota, but since have won four in a row, including the first two in Anaheim.

The Angels (15-27), meanwhile, have lost three straight and five of six since winning three in a row.

Sale allowed three hits and struck out 12 over 7 2-3 innings and Alex Rios homered for the second straight game in Chicago's 3-0 win at Los Angeles on Friday. The 24-year-old ace has gone 23 innings without yielding a run.

"A team like (the Angels), they've got some amazing ballplayers," Sale said. "So you've got to make adjustments.

"It's never easy facing a team in back-to-back starts."

Rios is batting .388 with four home runs and nine RBIs during a 12-game hitting streak. He's hit .350 (7 for 20) with three RBIs this season versus Los Angeles.

Teammate Adam Dunn homered for the fourth time in four games Friday. The slugger is 7 for 16 (.438) with eight RBIs during the stretch that followed a four-game span which he went 0 for 14.

Chicago looks to stay hot against Blanton (0-7, 6.46 ERA), who will try a ninth time to earn his first win as an Angel.

The right-hander allowed a season-high seven runs and 12 hits while striking out seven without a walk in 4 2-3 innings of an 11-4 loss to Kansas City on Monday. It marked the first time in franchise history that the Angels have lost each of a pitcher's first eight starts in a season.

"Joe had a rough outing, to say the least,' Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "We'll turn the page on it, and hopefully he'll get where he needs to be in his next start."

Blanton is 3-1 with a 2.59 ERA against the White Sox, but has not faced them since 2008 with Oakland.

Chicago counters with Hector Santiago (1-2, 2.33), who allowed a solo homer in 12 1-3 innings to go 1-0 in his first two starts after replacing the injured Gavin Floyd, but gave up six - three earned - in 5 2-3 frames Monday.

With injured starter John Danks apparently close to returning to the rotation, Santiago could drop out. With a 3-1 record and 1.93 ERA in seven career starts, Santiago also has heard his name in trade rumors.

"I kind of try not to think about it, but you always have something in the back of your mind," he told the White Sox's official website about his uncertain future.

In his only previous appearance against the Angels, Santiago threw 2-3 scoreless innings of relief on Sept. 21.

Los Angeles' Mike Trout is 0 for 6 in the series after he hit .368 with six homers and 17 RBIs in the previous 15 contests.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
White Sox at Angels
Thu, May 16 Final 5 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
White Sox at Angels
Fri, May 17 Final 3 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
White Sox at Angels

GAME 4
White Sox at Angels
Sun, May 19 - 3:35PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:13 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Reds (25-17) at Phillies (20-22)

Venue: Citizens Bank Park

The Philadelphia Phillies' pitching staff includes established stars like former World Series MVP Cole Hamels and Cy Young Award winners Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay, but arguably the team's most consistent starter has never won more than 11 games in his career.

Kyle Kendrick looks to win a fifth straight decision while helping Philadelphia to its fifth victory in six tries as it hosts the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday.

The Phillies' starting rotation has posted a 4.16 ERA as Hamels (1-6, 4.61 ERA) has gotten off to a slow start along with Halladay (2-4, 8.65), who had arthroscopic shoulder surgery this week and isn't expected to throw again for nearly two months.

Though Lee pitched seven solid innings and lowered his ERA to 2.83 as the Phillies (20-22) beat the Reds 5-3 on Friday, it's been Kendrick (4-1, 2.47) who has shined the most.

Kendrick has posted a 1.84 ERA in seven outings since losing his first start of the season, highlighted by a three-hit shutout over the New York Mets on April 26. The right-hander has allowed two runs and six hits in seven innings in each of his last two starts, beating San Francisco 6-2 on May 7 before Philadelphia's 4-2, 10-inning win over Arizona on Sunday.

The last time the Phillies lost when Kendrick started was April 16, when he allowed only two hits in seven shutout innings before Jay Bruce's RBI single in the bottom of the ninth gave Cincinnati a 1-0 victory.

Kendrick has a 1.37 ERA in his last three starts versus the Reds but no victories to show for it, getting three runs of support over 19 2-3 innings.

Philadelphia, which was outscored 16-4 during a three-game sweep in Cincinnati from April 15-17, had enough offense in a 5-3 win Friday as Jimmy Rollins hit a two-run homer to help end the Reds' six-game winning streak.

Rollins, batting .118 (2 for 17) over his last five versus Cincinnati, hit only the third home run in the last six games for the Phillies as they've manufactured runs in other ways during their hot stretch.

``When you talk about playing small ball, you have to have the talent,' manager Charlie Manuel said.

Bruce and Joey Votto homered Friday for the Reds (25-17), who lost for just the third time in 13 games. They'll send Bronson Arroyo to the mound Saturday as he seeks his third straight victory over the Phillies.

Arroyo (3-4, 3.76) scattered five hits in 6 2-3 scoreless innings of a 5-1 win over Milwaukee on Sunday, ending a three-start losing streak during which he posted a 5.50 ERA.

``I didn't have a whole lot of stuff,' said Arroyo, who was feeling ill during his last outing. ``I was grinding from the first inning on. I knew I was getting away with pitches that I normally wouldn't. Luckily, they were beating them into the ground.'

The right-hander had not won since giving up two runs in eight innings of a 4-2 win over Philadelphia on April 15. Arroyo had the same stat line to beat the Phillies 3-2 on Aug. 22 in his previous start against them, ending a six-start regular-season skid versus Philadelphia.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Reds at Phillies
Fri, May 17 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Reds at Phillies

GAME 3
Reds at Phillies

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:17 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Astros (11-31) at Pirates (25-17)

Venue: PNC Park
Date: May 18, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

Following a stunning late-inning rally, the Pittsburgh Pirates send the NL strikeout leader to the mound against the most strikeout-prone team in the majors.

A.J. Burnett will try to lead the surging Pirates to their season-high fifth straight win Saturday night when they take on the AL-worst Houston Astros at PNC Park.

After Pedro Alvarez hit a game-tying homer in the eighth, the Pirates were gifted a 5-4 victory Friday night when Houston's Jimmy Paredes and Jake Elmore collided and dropped a pop-up with the bases loaded and two outs in the ninth.

The Pirates (25-17) won for the seventh time in eight games to move a season-high eight games over .500.

``I like the direction we're headed, the effort and the attitude,' manager Clint Hurdle said.

Now Hurdle turns to Burnett (3-4, 2.73 ERA), who could be in line for a big day against a Houston offense that has already amassed 417 strikeouts.

The right-hander has fanned 72 and hasn't allowed more than three earned runs in each of his nine starts.

The Pirates, though, have given him only two runs over his four defeats, including a 5-1 loss at Milwaukee on Monday. He matched a season low with six strikeouts and allowed three earned runs over seven innings.

While he's 4-5 with a 4.54 ERA in 11 career meetings versus the Astros, Burnett has won his last two against them, yielding three runs and striking out 16 over 15 1-3 innings.

Burnett, though, has had trouble keeping runners close. Milwaukee stole six bases, and the 13 steals he's allowed rank among the most in the league. Pittsburgh's catchers have yielded 39 stolen bases, also among the league's worst totals.

The Astros (11-31), however, have only 21 steals and rank in the bottom third of the majors in stolen base percentage (61.8).

Jose Altuve, who is expected to be activated from the bereavement list Saturday following the death of his grandmother, Brandon Barnes and Marwin Gonzalez lead Houston with four stolen bases apiece.

Carlos Pena has hit safely in six straight games, but he's 6 for 37 (.162) with two homers and 14 strikeouts in this matchup.

Scheduled starter Erik Bedard (0-2, 6.67) showed some signs of improvement by reaching the fifth inning for the first time in his last start on Saturday, giving up two runs and striking out seven versus Texas, but Houston's bullpen blew a two-run lead in an 8-7 loss. That's been a common theme for a relief corps that is last in the majors with 30 home runs allowed and a 4.99 ERA.

Bedard, who went 7-14 with a 4.15 ERA for Pittsburgh last season, is 4-5 with a 3.26 ERA in 12 career starts at PNC Park and facing the Pirates for the first time.

Although the Pirates are hitting just .231 against left-handers, they're hitting .297 against them over their last 16 games.

Starling Marte leads Pittsburgh with a .417 (15 for 36) batting average, while Gaby Sanchez is 11 for 32 (.344) with three homers when facing left-handers.

Andrew McCutchen went 3 for 5 with a homer Friday and is hitting .388 with five homers and 21 RBIs in 26 career games against the Astros at PNC Park.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Astros at Pirates
Fri, May 17 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Astros at Pirates
Sat, May 18 - 7:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Astros at Pirates

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:20 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Red Sox (25-17) at Twins (18-20)

Venue: Target Field
Date: May 18, 2013 7:10 PM EDT

The Boston Red Sox are on the verge of matching their longest road winning streak over the Minnesota Twins in 12 years.

The last-place Twins may be hoping Joe Mauer is around to help keep that from happening.

The Red Sox may not have to deal with the injured Mauer again Saturday night when they go for a fifth straight win at Minnesota.

Boston (25-17) has won six of seven at Target Field, including four straight while hitting .338 with six homers and 27 runs. It last won five in a row as the visitor against the Twins from 2000-01 at the Metrodome.

Despite their gaudy offensive numbers of late in Minneapolis, the Red Sox had nine singles among their 10 hits Friday while Jonny Gomes' sacrifice fly scored the go-ahead run in a 3-2, 10-inning win to open this three-game set.

Boston's chances at another win may increase if Mauer is out again. The five-time All-Star catcher has a stiff back that sidelined him for the series opener, leaving the Twins without their leading hitter at .349.

"We're hoping this is short-term," manager Ron Gardenhire told the team's official website.

Mauer is on a 14-game hitting streak, during which he has a .446 average with 11 doubles and 11 walks. He's 8 for 18 with five doubles over four meetings with the Red Sox this season.

Scott Diamond (3-3, 4.08 ERA) is scheduled to get the ball looking to build on his own success versus Boston. He tossed seven scoreless innings in a 6-1 road win in his only meeting against the Red Sox on May 7, and that came at the expense of Ryan Dempster, who will oppose him again.

"He makes it real easy," catcher Ryan Doumit said. "He's one of the most prepared pitchers I've ever been around. He has a game plan every time out and sticks to it. Nights like those are fun."

Doumit certainly didn't enjoy Diamond's latest performance, as the left-hander surrendered six runs and nine hits with a career-high three homers in 5 2-3 innings of Sunday's 6-0 loss to Baltimore. He allowed two over his first five starts.

Dempster (2-4, 3.75) is looking to get untracked against the Twins after allowing four runs - two earned - with eight strikeouts in seven innings versus Diamond. He defeated them twice last year behind a 1.29 ERA.

Dempster followed his latest meeting with Minnesota with his worst performance of the season in Sunday's 12-4 loss to Toronto. He was tagged for season highs of six runs, seven hits and three homers in five innings, but he insists he's physically fine.

"I've been feeling really good this year," Dempster told the team's official website. "It's nice as you get older to continue to feel good. That's an important thing, but at the same time, you can feel as good as you want or as bad as you want, you've got to execute pitches.

"Hopefully, I can continue to do that on a consistent basis."

Dempster has had tremendous success against Mauer, who is 1 for 10 with six strikeouts against him.

Dustin Pedroia is a .405 hitter at Minnesota, going 7 for 19 over the past four visits. He went 0 for 3 versus Diamond earlier this month, but is batting .459 in nine games since.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Red Sox at Twins
Fri, May 17 Final 3 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Red Sox at Twins
Sat, May 18 - 7:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Red Sox at Twins
Sun, May 19 - 2:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:22 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Dodgers (17-23) at Braves (23-18)

Venue: Turner Field

Perhaps a little time at home was all the Atlanta Braves needed to emerge from their recent slump.

One night after rallying for a victory, the Braves look to squeeze another win from the Los Angeles Dodgers at Turner Field on Saturday night.

Atlanta, which played 26 of 34 on the road before starting this three-game set, came home having lost five of six to end a 10-game trip. The Braves hit .210 and scored just 2.8 runs per game over that six-game stretch.

They've been much better at home, improving to 10-5 there with an 8-5 win over the Dodgers on Friday. Atlanta scored six times over the sixth and seven innings to erase a two-run deficit.

The Braves, at long last, have all of their top hitters available. Right fielder Jason Heyward reached base three times and scored twice in his return from an emergency appendectomy. It marked his first action since April 20, after which he hit the disabled list with a paltry .121 batting average.

Friday marked the first time this season that Freddie Freeman, Brian McCann and Heyward, who have all been on the DL, were on the field together.

"We've played 40 games and it's the first time we've had the lineup we talked about all winter," manager Fredi Gonzalez said.

Atlanta (23-18) still could use more help from its rotation, which has a 6.32 ERA over the last seven games. No Braves starter has made it through the seventh inning since May 9.

Among the Braves pitchers looking for a rebound performance is Saturday's starter, Kris Medlen (1-5, 3.44 ERA). He gave up season highs of three homers and five walks against San Francisco on Sunday, surrendering five runs - three earned - and eight hits in 5 1-3 innings of a 5-1 loss.

It was just the second time in eight starts an opponent scored more than three runs off Medlen, but he remains stuck on one win - April 9 at Miami - partly because his run support average of 2.72 is among baseball's worst. Atlanta has lost his last five starts.

Medlen, though, has a good history against the Dodgers, going 2-0 with a 2.30 ERA in six games. He's handled Matt Kemp well, allowing just a double in seven at_bats while striking him out four times.

Kemp saw his 14-game hitting streak end Friday. He's 3 for 35 in his last 10 games in Atlanta.

The Dodgers (17-23), who had won four of five before Friday, look to get back on track with Chris Capuano (1-2, 6.60) on the mound. The left-hander is coming off his first win and easily his best performance, throwing just 79 pitches and yielding one run in 6 1-3 innings of a 5-3 victory over Miami.

That came six days after he was ripped for six runs in four innings of a loss to Arizona following a three-week stint on the disabled list for a strained left calf.

"It's been a bit of a nightmare the past week. It's nice to wake up from it," Capuano said. "I was trying to watch some of the good games I had last year, look at what I did to be successful and try to stick with my strengths instead of worrying about getting to the hitters' weaknesses."

Capuano has been very successful versus the Braves lately, going 4-1 with a 1.82 ERA in his last eight starts against them.

However, this will be his first time facing Justin Upton in an Atlanta uniform, and he's gone 5 for 14 with a homer off Capuano. Upton hit a grand slam Friday for his major league-leading 14th homer.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Dodgers at Braves
Fri, May 17 Final 5 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Dodgers at Braves

GAME 3
Dodgers at Braves

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:24 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Diamondbacks (24-18) at Marlins (11-31)

Venue: Marlins Park

It turns out a trip to Miami may have been just what the Arizona Diamondbacks needed to heat up their bats.

Nothing seems to be doing that for the Marlins.

Arizona looks to build on one of its best offensive performances of the year and extend light-hitting Miami's losing streak to seven Saturday night.

The Diamondbacks (24-18) tied a season high with three home runs in a 9-2 victory in Miami on Friday night. Their nine runs and 16 hits were both one shy of season highs.

"I just hope we can do this more often," manager Kirk Gibson said. "It would sure help our pitching staff."

Gibson's team had only three homers over the previous seven games while scoring 16 runs.

The Diamondbacks have had no such problems in Miami lately. They've won seven of eight there while averaging 7.4 runs and batting .317 with 10 homers and 20 doubles.

Paul Goldschmidt will look to stay hot and take advantage of a Marlins staff which has let opponents hit .340 during a six-game losing streak. Coming off a three-game set against Atlanta in which he batted .545 with five extra-base hits, Goldschmidt homered in each of his first two at_bats Friday and finished 4 for 5 with four RBIs.

"Watch the kid, watch the way he stays with his approach, he's dangerous," Gibson said of Goldschmidt, who has six homers and 13 RBIs in his last four road games.

Third baseman Eric Chavez also enters Saturday on a tear. He tallied four hits Friday, including his first home run since April 29, and is batting .486 in May with nine RBIs in 11 games.

It seems no one is swinging a hot bat for Miami (11-31). The Marlins have combined for 11 runs while batting .219 during the six-game skid, which matches a season high.

With key bats like Giancarlo Stanton, Logan Morrison, Donovan Solano, Casey Kotchman and Chris Valaika all sidelined, the Marlins depend on production from players like Justin Ruggiano, who is 3 for his last 29 with 10 strikeouts.

Hoping to take advantage of Miami's struggles is Brandon McCarthy (0-3, 5.63 ERA), who is looking to avoid going a career-high 10th straight start without a victory.

The right-hander deserved to win Sunday following his best start of the season, shutting out Philadelphia for eight innings, but Arizona went on to lose 4-2 in 10 innings. He had surrendered three-plus runs in each of his prior seven starts.

"The disappointment is us not getting a win," said McCarthy, who hasn't won since Aug. 31. "I really don't care if I don't get a win. It's an inconsequential stat."

Miami's Tom Koehler (0-1, 3.31) is looking for his first major league win, having lost his only two previous starts.

The right-hander was used out of the bullpen after being called up from Triple-A New Orleans on April 19, throwing 7 1-3 scoreless innings over his first four appearances. In his last three games, however, he has given up six runs and 10 hits over nine innings while striking out just two.

His first start of 2013 came Sunday, contending with baserunners in every inning but giving up just two runs in five innings of a 5-3 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"I don't feel much different than if I would have been starting consistently," Koehler said. "So I guess that's a good sign, and now I can build off it."

Koehler threw a career-high 79 pitches in that game, so it seems unlikely he'll provide much rest for a Marlins bullpen which has gone at least three innings in seven straight games. Three Miami relievers combined to throw six innings Friday.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Diamondbacks at Marlins
Fri, May 17 Final 9 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Diamondbacks at Marlins

GAME 3
Diamondbacks at Marlins
Sun, May 19 - 1:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:26 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Brewers (16-24) at Cardinals (27-14)

Venue: Busch Stadium
Date: May 18, 2013 7:15 PM EDT

The St. Louis Cardinals have given their outstanding rotation the best run support in the NL, though no starter has benefited from that production more than Lance Lynn.

With the right-hander going for his seventh win, the Cardinals look to keep rolling Saturday night at Busch Stadium against a Milwaukee Brewers team they've dominated this season.

St. Louis improved to 6-2 on a 10-game homestand by holding on for a 7-6 victory over Milwaukee in Friday's series opener, as David Freese's grand slam - his first homer of the season - capped a five-run first inning.

"That's the biggest thing about this, you want to join the fun,' said Freese, who entered the contest with a .209 average, four RBIs and a .287 on-base percentage. ``Fortunately enough, I haven't done squat this year and we've got a heck of a record.'

The Cardinals (27-14), who have won 13 of 16 and own the best record in the majors, have given their starters the most runs in the league with 162. They've also scored 49 runs for their starters and batted .300 with nine homers while winning seven of eight against the Brewers (16-24).

Allen Craig went 3 for 3 Friday and is hitting .406 versus Milwaukee this year, while John Jay (12 for 29), Matt Holliday (10 for 28) and Yadier Molina (11 for 31) have also done damage in the season series.

Holliday (6 for 12) and Molina (8 for 15) have also had success against Saturday's scheduled starter Marco Estrada.

Lynn is receiving a league-high 7.02 runs per game, but he may not need much support with the way he's pitched lately.

He has gone at least seven innings in each of his last five outings, posting a 1.80 ERA with 37 strikeouts over 35 innings in that span. Lynn overcame a career-high five walks by striking out seven and surrendering three runs and four hits over seven innings in a 6-3 win over the New York Mets on Monday.

Lynn has allowed two runs with 18 strikeouts over 13 2-3 innings in two career starts against the Brewers.

Unlike the Cardinals, Milwaukee starters have struggled with a 6.78 ERA during the team's 2-13 stretch.

Estrada (3-2, 5.32) will try to prevent the Brewers from their second five-game skid this month and third this season. He allowed one run and a season-low three hits over seven innings in a 5-1 win at Pittsburgh on Monday.

Estrada, who is 0-3 with a 6.75 ERA in four career starts against the Cardinals, was tagged for eight runs with five walks over 3 1-3 innings in a 10-1 loss to St. Louis in his previous outing.

Milwaukee hopes Aramis Ramirez can find a groove after breaking out of a 1-for-16 slump with a pair of homers and six RBIs Friday.

``Nice to see Rammy get a couple,' manager Ron Roenicke said. ``I think he's been swinging the ball really well and hasn't had much to show for it.'

Ramirez, though, is 0 for 6 with three strikeouts all-time against Lynn.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Brewers at Cardinals
Fri, May 17 Final 6 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Brewers at Cardinals
Sat, May 18 - 7:15PM EDT

GAME 3
Brewers at Cardinals
Sun, May 19 - 2:15PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:28 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Tigers (23-17) at Rangers (27-15)

Venue: Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
Date: May 18, 2013 8:05 PM EDT

Miguel Cabrera is the first AL Triple Crown winner in 45 years, and the Texas Rangers know first-hand about his dominance.

Cabrera looks to lead the Detroit Tigers to a second straight victory over the Rangers on Saturday night.

Cabrera led the league with a .330 average, 44 homers and 139 RBIs last year, making him the AL's first Triple Crown winner since Carl Yastrzemski in 1967.

The reigning league MVP and seven-time All-Star is already making a case for another run at that rare feat. He's first in the majors with a .376 average - .509 with runners in scoring position - and 42 RBIs, while his eight homers rank among the AL leaders.

That offensive dominance is regularly on display against the Rangers (27-15). He's hit .378 with 12 homers and 62 RBIs in 60 career meetings - including playoffs - and he has a .411 average while knocking in 14 runs over his last 15 games in Arlington.

Cabrera is at it again, collecting four hits with two doubles in the first two of this four-game series. One of his three hits Friday was the go-ahead double in the sixth inning of a 2-1 win after Detroit (23-17) fell 10-4 in the opener.

Despite the slugger's staggering production, the Tigers have dropped nine of 12 in Texas, including all three while losing the 2011 ALCS in six games.

Scheduled starter Anibal Sanchez (4-3, 2.05 ERA) will face the Rangers for the first time since July 1, 2011, while with Florida. He's 0-2 with a 7.45 ERA in two career starts versus Texas.

The right-hander, though, has compiled a 2.33 ERA while fanning 42 in 27 innings over his last four starts, splitting four decisions during that span.

He yielded two runs with eight strikeouts in seven innings of Monday's 7-2 win over Houston.

The Rangers, winners of seven of nine, hope to have Ian Kinsler back in the lineup after he suffered bruised ribs when he was hit by a pitch from Justin Verlander on Thursday.

The second baseman is a .361 hitter at home against the Tigers.

Justin Grimm (2-3, 4.28) counters for Texas looking to avoid a fourth consecutive losing start.

He's been roughed up to the tune of a 7.02 ERA during his skid, allowing four homers and nine walks in 16 2-3 innings. Grimm had won his two previous starts, posting a 0.69 ERA.

The rookie right-hander was hit hard in five-plus innings Monday, surrendering five runs and seven hits, including a season-high two homers, in a 5-1 loss at Oakland.

"I think he has been very competitive," manager Ron Washington told the team's official website. "He just has to make certain he gets his pitches down in the zone. He's got a couple balls up lately and they've left the ballpark.

"When he takes the mound, I feel good. He's a young guy and he's facing quality hitters he hasn't seen before."

Grimm has seen the Tigers, and it ended quickly. He was battered for six runs and eight hits before being lifted with no outs in the second inning of an 8-2 home defeat June 25.

Cabrera went 2 for 2 with a double off him.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland needs one win to become the 15th manager to reach 1,700.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Tigers at Rangers
Thu, May 16 Final 4 to 10
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Tigers at Rangers
Fri, May 17 Final 2 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Tigers at Rangers
Sat, May 18 - 8:05PM EDT

GAME 4
Tigers at Rangers
Sun, May 19 - 8:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:30 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Giants (24-18) at Rockies (22-20)

Venue: Coors Field
Date: May 18, 2013 8:10 PM EDT

Inconsistency plagued Tim Lincecum during a career-worst season in 2012, and he's still trying to recapture the form he was accustomed to having earlier in his career.

He'll look to build off his latest victory while helping the San Francisco Giants win for just the second time in five games Saturday night against the host Colorado Rockies, who ended their lengthy losing streak against their NL West rivals in the last contest.

Lincecum went 10-15 with a career-worst 5.18 ERA in 2012, and the two-time Cy Young Award winner pitched mainly out of the bullpen in the postseason during San Francisco's run to a World Series title.

He didn't get off to a great start this season, either, but has showed signs of turning things around. After allowing five runs in each of his previous two starts, Lincecum (3-2, 4.07 ERA) gave up two hits in seven scoreless innings of a 5-1 win over Atlanta on Sunday.

"I'll take it,' Lincecum said. "But I'm not jumping up in the air right now. ... I'm happy about it, but it's still a work in progress. I'm still working to get better.'

One of Lincecum's worst outings came against Colorado on April 9, when he allowed six runs - including a homer to Troy Tulowitzki - in six innings before San Francisco rallied for a 9-6 victory.

Lincecum, though, is 4-1 with a 3.79 ERA in his last six starts at Coors Field. He'll look to help the Giants (24-18) bounce back after their 10-game winning streak over Colorado was snapped with Friday's 10-9 loss.

The Rockies (22-20), who haven't won back-to-back games since an eight-game run April 12-20, got a tie-breaking grand slam from Jordan Pacheco in the fifth before fending off a San Francisco rally in the late innings.

The Giants came back from six down Thursday to win the series opener 8-6.

``We know they've had our number over the last couple of years. They're the world champions, so you have to go through them eventually," manager Walt Weiss said. "We know all that stuff. (We've) got to go out and play well, find ways to win games.'

Buster Posey homered and is hitting .484 with six home runs over his last 17 versus the Rockies, while former Colorado second baseman Marco Scutaro went 3 for 5 and is hitting .467 during a 14-game hitting streak against his former team.

Scutaro's overall hitting streak reached 16, batting .485 in that stretch.

Tyler Chatwood has been recalled from Triple-A to make the start for Colorado on Saturday, and he'll be tasked with slowing a San Francisco offense that has scored at least five runs in six of its last seven contests.

After giving up five hits in six scoreless innings of a 12-2 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 29, Chatwood (1-0, 3.00) was sent back to the minors with Jhoulys Chacin coming off the disabled list.

The right-hander now is taking the roster spot of Jeff Francis, who is out with a strained groin.

"Anytime you go down (to the minors), you want to prove yourself and keep proving yourself," Chatwood said.

Weiss lauded Chatwood, who is 1-2 with a 2.93 ERA and one save in three starts and one relief appearance versus San Francisco.

"His command has been much better, and he was throwing the ball well (in Triple-A)," Weiss said. "I like the way he competes."

Despite Friday's win, the Rockies have dropped 12 of the last 15 home meetings with San Francisco.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Giants at Rockies
Thu, May 16 Final 8 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Giants at Rockies
Fri, May 17 Final 9 to 10
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Giants at Rockies
Sat, May 18 - 8:10PM EDT

GAME 4
Giants at Rockies
Sun, May 19 - 4:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:33 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Nationals (23-19) at Padres (18-23)

Venue: PETCO Park
Date: May 18, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

If Adam LaRoche can keep up his production at Petco Park, Jordan Zimmermann might have an easier time taking over the major league lead in wins.

LaRoche looks to stay hot in support of Zimmerman, who goes for his eighth victory Saturday night when the Washington Nationals try for three in a row against the San Diego Padres.

After LaRoche hit two more home runs in San Diego on Friday, Chad Tracy's pinch-hit solo shot in the 10th inning proved to be the decisive blow in a 6-5 victory over the Padres (18-23).

After dropping two of three in Los Angeles, Washington (23-19) has won two in a row at Petco Park to move above .500 on its 10-game road trip.

LaRoche has keyed the team's success against the Padres, going 3 for 7 with three homers and six RBIs in the first two games of this four-game series.

He's hitting .407 (11 for 27) with eight extra-base hits and eight RBIs in his last seven visits to Petco. His 10 career homers in San Diego are his most in a city where he hasn't played for that team, and he's driven in 28 runs in 34 games there.

The left-handed slugger has homered in three straight games and is batting .396 with 11 RBIs during a 14-game hitting streak overall.

"He's been on fire for a couple weeks now," manager Davey Johnson said. "It's been impressive to watch him hit like he's able to."

LaRoche, however, might have a difficult time keeping it going against scheduled starter Eric Stults (3-3, 4.57 ERA) since he's 0 for 2 against the left-hander and 5 for 30 off southpaws this season.

Washington also has struggled as a team when facing left-handers, batting a major league-low .194 including 9 for 58 (.155) with no extra-base hits since May 9.

The Nationals hope to reverse that trend and provide some run support for Zimmermann (7-1, 1.69), who is tied with Texas' Yu Darvish and Tampa Bay's Matt Moore for the major league lead in wins.

Zimmermann has been especially tough lately, walking three and striking out 24 while posting an 0.85 ERA during his four-start winning streak.

The right-hander allowed two runs in 7 2-3 innings in a 6-2 road win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday.

"I've always been confident. I feel like I haven't changed anything from last year," said Zimmermann, who won a career-high 12 games in 2012. "I feel if I keep that up I'm going to have a lot more quality starts."

Zimmermann has surrendered one run and eight hits while striking out 16 over 13 innings in two career starts at Petco - both Washington victories.

Padres leading hitter Chase Headley is batting .436 with eight extra-base hits over an 11-game hitting streak at home, though he's 2 for 9 lifetime when facing Zimmermann.

The Padres hope to avoid their sixth loss in eight games as Stults tries to pick up a San Diego rotation that has a 6.83 ERA over its last six starts.

After allowing three runs over 13 innings in his previous two outings, Stults wasn't as sharp Sunday when he had a season-high five walks and gave up three runs over 5 1-3 innings in a 4-2 loss at Tampa Bay.

"That's not my game. For me, I have to attack the strike zone," said Stults, who has never faced the Nationals.

Ryan Zimmerman, who homered Friday, is 5 for 11 with three homers and five RBIs in his last three games in San Diego.

According to Johnson, Jayson Werth is still experiencing hamstring tightness and may not come off the 15-day disabled list when eligible Saturday.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Padres
Thu, May 16 Final 6 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Padres
Fri, May 17 Final 6 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Nationals at Padres
Sat, May 18 - 8:40PM EDT

GAME 4
Nationals at Padres
Sun, May 19 - 4:10PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:35 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Preview: Royals (20-18) at Athletics (21-22)

Venue: O.co Coliseum
Date: May 18, 2013 9:05 PM EDT

The Kansas City Royals tend to be feast or famine at the plate, and that's been on display so far on this nine-game road trip.

Recent games in Oakland, however, have proven to only be an offensive struggle.

The Royals will try to rebound from another rough performance at the plate Saturday night against the Athletics.

Kansas City (20-18) is hitting .312 with 17 homers and an average of 6.1 runs during its victories, compared to .208 with nine homers and 2.5 runs per game in defeat.

Lorenzo Cain may be the biggest culprit, as he owns a .408 average in wins, while batting .204 in losses.

That vast swing has been grossly evident while Kansas City has alternated wins and losses over the first four games of this trip.

The team is hitting .381 with 20 runs in the two wins, with Cain going 5 for 10 with five RBIs. However, he's 0 for 4 with three strikeouts in the losses, contributing to the Royals' .172 average and three runs.

Lack of offense was the issue in Friday's series-opening 2-1 loss, as Kansas City was limited to five hits.

"I mean, it's kind of heartbreaking," right fielder David Lough told the team's official website. "Our offense just didn't click but we all know what we're capable of doing."

Poor performances at the plate are nothing new for the Royals in Oakland (21-22), where they've lost four of five while totaling eight runs with a .168 average.

Lough did provide a lift with a pair of hits and an RBI Friday in his season debut, hours after being recalled from Triple-A Omaha to replace Jarrod Dyson, who is on the disabled list with a sprained right ankle.

The A's will try to post consecutive wins for the first time this month when they send Tommy Milone (3-5, 3.71 ERA) to the mound.

The left-hander, though, has lost five straight starts despite a very respectable 3.62 ERA during that span. He's been backed by four total runs in those games.

Milone didn't do himself any favors Sunday, giving up five runs - three in the first inning - and three walks before leaving after the fifth in a 6-1 loss at Seattle.

He is 1-1 with a 1.20 ERA in two career starts against the Royals, winning the lone matchup at home.

The Royals will counter with Ervin Santana (3-2, 2.79), who suffered his first loss since his season debut his last time out Sunday against the Yankees.

He gave up four runs and eight hits over 6 1-3 innings and has allowed seven runs in his last two starts spanning 12 1-3 innings after going 3-0 with a 1.20 ERA in his previous four outings - all Kansas City victories.

"If you do the little things, you're going to win games. That's how it is," Santana told the team's official website.

He's certainly done that in Oakland, where he's 6-1 with a 2.08 ERA in 12 games - 10 starts - but he last appeared there in a 10-inning defeat with the Los Angeles Angels on July 16, 2011.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Royals at Athletics
Fri, May 17 Final 1 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Royals at Athletics
Sat, May 18 - 9:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Royals at Athletics
Sun, May 19 - 4:05PM EDT

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 03:37 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Dunkel

Arizona at Miami
The Marlins look to take advantage of an Arizona team that is 0-4 in Brandon McCarthy's last 4 starts as a favorite. Miami is the pick (+130) according to Dunkel, which has the Marlins favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Miami (+130). Here are all of today's picks.

SATURDAY, MAY 18

Game 951-952: NY Mets at Chicago Cubs (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Mets (Hefner) 14.469; Cubs (Feldman) 15.616
Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Chicago Cubs (-140); No Run Total
Dunkel Pick: Chicago Cubs (-140); N/A

Game 953-954: Cincinnati at Philadelphia (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Arroyo) 15.454; Philadelphia (Kendrick) 14.466
Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Philadelphia (-110); 8
Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (-110); Under

Game 955-956: Arizona at Miami (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (McCarthy) 14.620; Miami (Koehler) 15.518
Dunkel Line: Miami by 1; 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Arizona (-150); 8
Dunkel Pick: Miami (+130); Over

Game 957-958: LA Dodgers at Atlanta (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Capuano) 15.031; Atlanta (Medlen) 16.748
Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 1 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: Atlanta (-175); 8
Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (-175); Under

Game 959-960: Milwaukee at St. Louis (7:15 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Estrada) 13.692; St. Louis (Lynn) 15.231
Dunkel Line: St. Louis by 1 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: St. Louis (-175); 8
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (-175); Under

Game 961-962: San Francisco at Colorado (8:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Lincecum) 15.222; Colorado (Chatwood) 16.160
Dunkel Line: Colorado by 1; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Colorado (-115); 10
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (-115); Over

Game 963-964: Washington at San Diego (8:40 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Zimmermann) 15.300; San Diego (Stults) 16.536
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1; 5 1/2
Vegas Line: Washington (-150); 6 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+130); Under

Game 965-966: Seattle at Cleveland (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Seattle (Saunders) 15.925; Cleveland (McAllister) 17.602
Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Cleveland (-160); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-160); Over

Game 967-968: Toronto at NY Yankees (1:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Morrow) 16.699; NY Yankees (Phelps) 15.686
Dunkel Line: Toronto by 1; 9
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-130); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+110); Over

Game 969-970: Tampa Bay at Baltimore (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Hernandez) 15.677; Baltimore (Jurrjens) 15.006
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Baltimore (-110); 9
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-110); Under

Game 971-972: Chicago White Sox at LA Angels (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Santiago) 15.532; LA Angels (Blanton) 13.553
Dunkel Line: Chicago White Sox by 2; 8
Vegas Line: LA Angels (-135); 9
Dunkel Pick: Chicago White Sox (+115); Under

Game 973-974: Boston at Minnesota (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Boston (Dempster) 14.782; Minnesota (Diamond) 15.649
Dunkel Line: Minnesota by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Boston (-135); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+115); Over

Game 975-976: Detroit at Texas (8:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Detroit (Sanchez) 16.503; Texas (Grimm) 15.525
Dunkel Line: Detroit by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Detroit (-135); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-135); Under

Game 977-978: Kansas City at Oakland (9:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Kansas City (Santana) 14.845; Oakland (Milone) 13.721
Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1; 8
Vegas Line: Oakland (-130); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (+110); Over

Game 979-980: Houston at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Bedard) 14.572; Pittsburgh (Burnett) 14.323
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Pittsburgh (-250); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Houston (+210); Over

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:11 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Long Sheet

Saturday, May 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY METS (16 - 23) at CHICAGO CUBS (17 - 24) - 1:05 PM
JEREMY HEFNER (R) vs. SCOTT FELDMAN (R)
Top Trends for this game.
NY METS are 86-109 (-24.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 66-62 (+20.6 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 31-21 (+14.8 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 88-92 (+18.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 33-54 (-20.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 78-125 (-30.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 681-648 (-151.0 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 8-25 (-15.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 686-710 (-134.9 Units) against the money line in day games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 78-125 (-30.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 928-1023 (-185.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
FELDMAN is 21-33 (-22.7 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997. (Team's Record)
FELDMAN is 21-33 (-22.7 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field since 1997. (Team's Record)
FELDMAN is 8-15 (-13.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)

Head-to-Head Series History
NY METS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JEREMY HEFNER vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
No recent starts.

SCOTT FELDMAN vs. NY METS since 1997
FELDMAN is 0-1 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 10.80 and a WHIP of 2.000.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CINCINNATI (25 - 17) at PHILADELPHIA (20 - 22) - 4:05 PM
BRONSON ARROYO (R) vs. KYLE KENDRICK (R)
CINCINNATI is 124-85 (+20.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 451-504 (+44.9 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 343-303 (+59.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 124-85 (+20.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 624-696 (+58.0 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
PHILADELPHIA is 28-35 (-14.6 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 101-100 (-20.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 32-37 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 50-61 (-21.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 101-103 (-23.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 50-52 (-21.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.

CINCINNATI is 3-1 (+2.1 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.2 Units)

BRONSON ARROYO vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
ARROYO is 3-7 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 5.83 and a WHIP of 1.417.
His team's record is 4-8 (-3.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-6. (-0.9 units)

KYLE KENDRICK vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
KENDRICK is 3-2 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 4.25 and a WHIP of 1.087.
His team's record is 4-3 (+1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-4. (-1.1 units)

ARIZONA (24 - 18) at MIAMI (11 - 31) - 7:10 PM
BRANDON MCCARTHY (R) vs. TOM KOEHLER (R)
ARIZONA is 22-32 (-14.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 95-89 (+18.1 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
ARIZONA is 95-89 (+18.1 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
ARIZONA is 69-55 (+23.2 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
ARIZONA is 136-107 (+26.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 11-31 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
MIAMI is 30-43 (-15.5 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 54-83 (-25.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 46-75 (-24.6 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 37-66 (-23.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 11-31 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MIAMI is 6-22 (-13.7 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +125 to +150 over the last 3 seasons.
MIAMI is 43-58 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.

ARIZONA is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MIAMI this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

BRANDON MCCARTHY vs. MIAMI since 1997
No recent starts.

TOM KOEHLER vs. ARIZONA since 1997
No recent starts.

LA DODGERS (17 - 23) at ATLANTA (23 - 18) - 7:10 PM
CHRIS CAPUANO (L) vs. KRIS MEDLEN (R)
LA DODGERS are 45-54 (-18.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 9-15 (-8.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
LA DODGERS are 17-23 (-12.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA DODGERS are 4-10 (-8.2 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
LA DODGERS are 17-23 (-12.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA DODGERS are 11-20 (-15.6 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
ATLANTA is 72-44 (+20.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 117-87 (+17.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MEDLEN is 22-5 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
LA DODGERS are 23-10 (+13.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.

ATLANTA is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

CHRIS CAPUANO vs. ATLANTA since 1997
CAPUANO is 5-2 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 2.58 and a WHIP of 1.010.
His team's record is 5-5 (+0.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-6. (-2.1 units)

KRIS MEDLEN vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
MEDLEN is 1-0 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 2.46 and a WHIP of 0.819.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

MILWAUKEE (16 - 24) at ST LOUIS (27 - 14) - 7:15 PM
MARCO ESTRADA (R) vs. LANCE LYNN (R)
MILWAUKEE is 6-17 (-11.1 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
MILWAUKEE is 8-18 (-10.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
MILWAUKEE is 99-103 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 40-60 (-23.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 2-13 (-11.8 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 99-103 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 23-9 (+13.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
LYNN is 28-11 (+13.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LYNN is 16-2 (+13.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LYNN is 17-2 (+14.0 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LYNN is 28-11 (+13.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

ST LOUIS is 7-1 (+5.6 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
5 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

MARCO ESTRADA vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
ESTRADA is 0-3 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 6.75 and a WHIP of 1.688.
His team's record is 1-3 (-1.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-2. (-0.4 units)

LANCE LYNN vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
LYNN is 1-0 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 1.32 and a WHIP of 0.658.
His team's record is 2-0 (+2.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (24 - 18) at COLORADO (22 - 20) - 8:10 PM
TIM LINCECUM (R) vs. JUAN NICASIO (R)
SAN FRANCISCO is 31-17 (+17.9 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 53-40 (+14.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 129-91 (+29.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 61-48 (+16.8 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 61-34 (+23.0 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 129-89 (+31.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 82-52 (+26.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 494-483 (+50.4 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
COLORADO is 159-209 (-47.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 85-97 (-27.5 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 24-48 (-30.0 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 68-98 (-30.6 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 159-209 (-47.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 4-1 (+2.9 Units) against COLORADO this season
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.0 Units)

TIM LINCECUM vs. COLORADO since 1997
LINCECUM is 11-7 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 3.76 and a WHIP of 1.400.
His team's record is 12-12 (-3.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 14-9. (+4.7 units)

JUAN NICASIO vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
NICASIO is 0-1 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 5.73 and a WHIP of 1.818.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

WASHINGTON (23 - 19) at SAN DIEGO (18 - 23) - 8:40 PM
JORDAN ZIMMERMANN (R) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
SAN DIEGO is 65-57 (+21.2 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons.
STULTS is 15-8 (+11.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STULTS is 15-7 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STULTS is 10-4 (+9.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
WASHINGTON is 120-86 (+17.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 123-86 (+21.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 20-6 (+12.1 Units) against the money line as a road favorite of -125 to -150 over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 60-44 (+15.0 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
ZIMMERMANN is 28-13 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZIMMERMANN is 28-13 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZIMMERMANN is 11-1 (+11.0 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

WASHINGTON is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.2 Units)

JORDAN ZIMMERMANN vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
ZIMMERMANN is 1-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 1.42 and a WHIP of 0.789.
His team's record is 2-1 (+0.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.2 units)

ERIC STULTS vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
No recent starts.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:12 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SEATTLE (20 - 22) at CLEVELAND (23 - 17) - 1:05 PM
JOE SAUNDERS (L) vs. ZACH MCALLISTER (R)
SEATTLE is 293-416 (-98.0 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss since 1997.
CLEVELAND is 23-17 (+9.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 12-4 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
CLEVELAND is 195-202 (-52.0 Units) against the money line in home games against left-handed starters since 1997.

CLEVELAND is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against SEATTLE this season
0 of 0 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

JOE SAUNDERS vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
SAUNDERS is 2-1 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 3.19 and a WHIP of 1.554.
His team's record is 3-3 (-1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-2. (+1.7 units)

ZACH MCALLISTER vs. SEATTLE since 1997
MCALLISTER is 0-1 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 7.20 and a WHIP of 1.667.
His team's record is 1-2 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

TORONTO (17 - 25) at NY YANKEES (26 - 16) - 1:05 PM
BRANDON MORROW (R) vs. DAVID PHELPS (R)
TORONTO is 6-15 (-10.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
NY YANKEES are 87-43 (+30.5 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 26-16 (+9.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
NY YANKEES are 118-105 (-63.6 Units) against the money line in home games in May games since 1997.

NY YANKEES is 7-1 (+6.2 Units) against TORONTO this season
4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.7 Units)

BRANDON MORROW vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
MORROW is 5-3 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 3.59 and a WHIP of 1.211.
His team's record is 6-6 (+1.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-7. (-2.4 units)

DAVID PHELPS vs. TORONTO since 1997
PHELPS is 0-0 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 3.46 and a WHIP of 0.923.
His team's record is 1-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

TAMPA BAY (21 - 20) at BALTIMORE (23 - 18) - 4:05 PM
ROBERTO HERNANDEZ (R) vs. JAIR JURRJENS (R)
BALTIMORE is 109-79 (+40.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 85-65 (+30.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 53-35 (+26.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 67-48 (+35.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 119-90 (+42.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 47-35 (+15.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 22-11 (+14.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 54-39 (+24.7 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 40-22 (+22.3 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 484-574 (+19.6 Units) against the money line against division opponents since 1997.
BALTIMORE is 175-297 (-99.2 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997.

BALTIMORE is 4-3 (+1.6 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
5 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+5.2 Units)

ROBERTO HERNANDEZ vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
HERNANDEZ is 4-5 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 5.66 and a WHIP of 1.468.
His team's record is 5-5 (-0.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-3. (+2.9 units)

JAIR JURRJENS vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
No recent starts.

CHI WHITE SOX (19 - 21) at LA ANGELS (15 - 27) - 4:05 PM
HECTOR SANTIAGO (L) vs. JOE BLANTON (R)
CHI WHITE SOX are 484-486 (+49.0 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
CHI WHITE SOX are 341-334 (+33.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win since 1997.
CHI WHITE SOX are 103-84 (+27.4 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive wins since 1997.
CHI WHITE SOX are 30-14 (+14.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 21-12 (+12.3 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 3 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 27-17 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 9-17 (-12.9 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
LA ANGELS are 15-27 (-18.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA ANGELS are 54-48 (-18.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 15-27 (-18.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
BLANTON is 0-8 (-9.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
BLANTON is 0-8 (-9.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)

CHI WHITE SOX is 3-2 (+1.3 Units) against LA ANGELS this season
3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

HECTOR SANTIAGO vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
No recent starts.

JOE BLANTON vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
BLANTON is 3-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 2.59 and a WHIP of 1.397.
His team's record is 3-1 (+2.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.0 units)

BOSTON (25 - 17) at MINNESOTA (18 - 20) - 7:10 PM
RYAN DEMPSTER (R) vs. SCOTT DIAMOND (L)
BOSTON is 78-99 (-41.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 62-79 (-31.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 94-110 (-34.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 17-5 (+11.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
BOSTON is 19-7 (+11.0 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 9-2 (+7.8 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
DEMPSTER is 62-47 (+19.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
DEMPSTER is 31-16 (+18.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday since 1997. (Team's Record)
MINNESOTA is 39-72 (-31.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 13-34 (-19.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 40-61 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 34-56 (-21.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 40-61 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 42-67 (-24.9 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 47-78 (-32.4 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 3-2 (+2.8 Units) against BOSTON this season
3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.7 Units)

RYAN DEMPSTER vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
DEMPSTER is 2-2 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 5.04 and a WHIP of 1.440.
His team's record is 2-2 (-0.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+2.0 units)

SCOTT DIAMOND vs. BOSTON since 1997
DIAMOND is 1-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.429.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

DETROIT (23 - 17) at TEXAS (27 - 15) - 8:05 PM
ANIBAL SANCHEZ (R) vs. JUSTIN GRIMM (R)
DETROIT is 114-94 (-16.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 30-39 (-16.5 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 118-97 (-16.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 9-22 (-17.1 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 12-19 (-13.2 Units) against the money line as a road favorite of -125 to -150 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 51-57 (-17.0 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 21-23 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
SANCHEZ is 18-24 (-13.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SANCHEZ is 17-23 (-13.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SANCHEZ is 6-15 (-11.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
TEXAS is 56-27 (+20.2 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 1-1 (+0.2 Units) against TEXAS this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

ANIBAL SANCHEZ vs. TEXAS since 1997
SANCHEZ is 0-2 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 7.45 and a WHIP of 2.068.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-2. (-2.1 units)

JUSTIN GRIMM vs. DETROIT since 1997
GRIMM is 0-1 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 54.00 and a WHIP of 9.000.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

KANSAS CITY (20 - 18) at OAKLAND (21 - 22) - 9:05 PM
ERVIN SANTANA (R) vs. TOM MILONE (L)
OAKLAND is 111-87 (+32.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 82-55 (+36.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 79-57 (+29.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 71-45 (+30.9 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 59-53 (+15.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 117-93 (+34.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 62-41 (+19.8 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
MILONE is 28-17 (+13.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILONE is 27-15 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILONE is 18-8 (+11.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILONE is 18-8 (+12.2 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
KANSAS CITY is 9-3 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss this season.

OAKLAND is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

ERVIN SANTANA vs. OAKLAND since 1997
SANTANA is 14-5 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 2.06 and a WHIP of 1.196.
His team's record is 16-8 (+6.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-17. (-12.4 units)

TOM MILONE vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
MILONE is 1-1 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 1.20 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 1-1 (-0.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

HOUSTON (11 - 31) at PITTSBURGH (25 - 17) - 7:05 PM
ERIK BEDARD (L) vs. A.J. BURNETT (R)
HOUSTON is 66-137 (-44.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 47-103 (-36.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 41-94 (-34.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 2-21 (-16.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
HOUSTON is 66-137 (-44.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 25-76 (-33.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 209-258 (-64.4 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997.
HOUSTON is 197-234 (-61.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday since 1997.
BEDARD is 33-58 (-26.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997. (Team's Record)
PITTSBURGH is 22-10 (+14.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 25-17 (+12.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
PITTSBURGH is 17-10 (+8.2 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 12-5 (+9.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
PITTSBURGH is 25-17 (+12.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.

PITTSBURGH is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against HOUSTON this season

ERIK BEDARD vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
No recent starts.

A.J. BURNETT vs. HOUSTON since 1997
BURNETT is 4-5 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 4.54 and a WHIP of 1.396.
His team's record is 6-5 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-6. (-1.7 units)

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:13 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, May 18

Hot pitchers
-- Feldman is 3-0, 1.57 in his last four starts.
-- Kendrick is 4-0, 1.84 in his last seven starts. Arroyo has a 2.89 RA in his last three starts.
-- McCarthy has a 1.88 RA in his last two starts, but is winless in eight starts so far this season.
-- Lynn is 4-1, 1.80 in his last five starts.
-- Colorado won both Chatwood starts (1-0, 3.75), scoring 18 runs.
-- Zimmerman is 4-0, 0.85 in his last four starts. Stults is 1-1, 2.95 in his last three starts.

-- Burnett is 3-2, 2.54 in his last six starts.

-- McAllister is 2-0, 2.18 in his last three starts.
-- Hernandez is 1-0, 2.25 in his last two starts.
-- Santiago is 1-1, 3.33 in three starts this season.
-- Sanchez is 2-2, 2.67 in his last four starts.

Cold pitchers
-- Mets are 0-7 when Hefner starts (0-4, 4.28).
-- Koehler lost his first '13 start, allowing two runs in five IP.
-- Medlen is 0-4, 5.28 in his last five starts. Capuano is 1-2, 8.76 in his three starts this season.
-- Estrada is 0-1, 10.61 in two starts vs St Louis this year.
-- Lincecum is 1-1, 5.32 in four road starts this year.

-- Bedard is 0-3, 10.47 in his last five starts.

-- Saunders is 0-4, 12.54 in four road starts (3-0, 1.26 at home).
-- Morrow is 1-1, 5.92 in his last four starts. Phelps is 0-1, 3.44 in three starts this season.
-- Jurrjens is making first '13 start; he was
-- Angels are 0-8 when Blanton starts (0-7, 6.65).
-- Diamond is 0-3, 7.16 in three home starts (3-0, 1.80 on road). Dempster is 2-3, 4.94 in his last five starts.
-- Grimm is 0-3, 7.02 in his last three starts.
-- Milone is 0-5, 4.73 in his last five starts. Santana is 0-1, 5.11 in his last couple starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
You can wager on whether teams will score in first inning. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
-- Hefner 4-7; Feldman 2-7
-- Arroyo 1-8; Kendrick 4-8
-- McCarthy 4-8; Koehler 0-1
-- Capuano 1-3; Medlen 1-8
-- Estrada 1-8; Lynn 2-8
-- Lincecum 3-8; Chatwood 1-2
-- Zimmerman 1-8; Stults 1-8

-- Bedard 3-6; Burnett 3-9

-- Saunders 1-8; McAllister 2-7
-- Morrow 3-7; Phelps 1-3
-- Hernandez 1-7; Jurrjens 0-0
-- Santiago 0-3; Blanton 5-8
-- Dempster 3-8; Diamond 2-6
-- Sanchez 1-8; Grimm 3-6
-- Santana 4-8; Milone 4-8

Totals
-- Six of Cubs' last eight games went over the total.
-- Eight of last eleven Cincinnati games went over total; six of last eight Philly games stayed under.
-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine Arizona games.
-- Over is 8-2-1 in last eleven Atlanta games.
-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine Milwaukee games.
-- Last six Colorado games went over the total.
-- Six of last nine Washington games went over.

-- Under is 4-1-1 in Pittsburgh's last six games.

-- Under is 4-1-1 in last six Cleveland games.
-- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Bronx games; eight of last 11 Blue Jay games went over the total.
-- Over is 17-2 in last nineteen Tampa Bay games.
-- Six of last nine Detroit games went over the total.
-- Six of last eight Boston road games stayed under total.
-- Five of last six Oakland games stayed under the total.
-- Five of last seven Angelhome games went over total.

Hot teams
-- Cubs won four of their last six games.
-- Reds won six of their last seven games. Phillies won four of five.
-- Diamondbacks won eight of their last eleven games.
-- Dodgers won four of their last six games.
-- Cardinals won seven of their last nine games.
-- Giants won 11 of their last 17 games.
-- Washington won seven of its last ten road games.

-- Pirates won seven of their last eight games.

-- Cleveland won nine of its last twelve games.
-- Bronx won eight of its last eleven games. Toronto won four of its last five.
-- Tampa Bay won seven of its last nine games.
-- Rangers won seven of their last nine games.
-- Boston won its last three games, allowing seven runs.
-- White Sox won five of their last six games.

Cold teams
-- Mets lost six of their last eight games, but won last two.
-- Marlins lost last six games, outscored 36-11.
-- Braves lost five of their last seven games.
-- Brewers lost eight of their last nine games.
-- Rockies lost seven of their last ten games.
-- Padres lost five of their last seven games.

-- Astros lost eight of their last nine games.

-- Mariners are 7-13 in their last 20 road games.
-- Baltimore lost four of its last five games.
-- Detroit is 5-7 in its last dozen road games.
-- Twins are 4-8 in their last twelve home games.
-- Oakland/Royals are both 3-8 in their last eleven games.
-- Angels lost five of their last six games.

Umpires
-- NY-Chi-- Underdogs won three of last four Gonzalez games.
-- Cin-Phil-- Last five Barry games went over the total.
-- Az-Mia-- Under is 22-6-1 in last 29 Culbreth games.
-- You're reading ***************.com. Have a nice day.
-- LA-Atl-- Over is 5-1-1 in last seven Layne games.
-- Mil-StL-- Six of last seven Dimuro games went over total.
-- SF-Col-- Home team won last four McClelland games.
-- Wsh-SD-- Visiting team won six of last seven Nelson games.

-- Hst-Pitt-- Over is 13-5-1 in last nineteen Bucknor games.

-- Sea-Cle-- Six of last eight Winters games went over the total.
-- Tor-NY-- Home team won 12 of last 16 Drake games.
-- TB-Balt-- Last three Davis games stayed under the total.
-- Chi-LA-- Underdogs are 11-8 in last nineteen Hoye games; home teams are 6-1 in his last seven games behind the dish.
-- Bos-Min-- Five of last six Schrieber games stayed under total.
-- Det-Tex-- 12 of last 16 Muchlinski games went over the total.
-- KC-A's-- Five of last seven Joyce games stayed under total.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:14 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, May 18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:05 PM
NY METS vs. CHI CUBS
The total has gone OVER in 12 of NY Mets's last 18 games on the road
NY Mets are 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
Chi Cubs are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games when playing at home against NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 10 of Chi Cubs's last 13 games

SEATTLE vs. CLEVELAND
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle's last 7 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games at home

TORONTO vs. NY YANKEES
Toronto is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
Toronto is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
NY Yankees are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games at home
NY Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Toronto

4:05 PM
CINCINNATI vs. PHILADELPHIA
Cincinnati is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
Cincinnati is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
Philadelphia is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games when playing Cincinnati
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia's last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati

TAMPA BAY vs. BALTIMORE
Tampa Bay is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
Tampa Bay is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games when playing Baltimore
Baltimore is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore's last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay

CHI WHITE SOX vs. LA ANGELS
The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Chi White Sox's last 18 games on the road
Chi White Sox are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Angels's last 6 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Angels's last 7 games at home

7:05 PM
HOUSTON vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston's last 8 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston's last 7 games on the road
Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh's last 7 games at home

7:10 PM
BOSTON vs. MINNESOTA
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Boston's last 15 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston's last 8 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Boston
Minnesota is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home

LA DODGERS vs. ATLANTA
LA Dodgers are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road
LA Dodgers are 4-10 SU in their last 14 games
The total has gone OVER in 10 of Atlanta's last 13 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta's last 6 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers

ARIZONA vs. MIAMI
Arizona is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Arizona is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing Miami
Miami is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games at home

7:15 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. ST. LOUIS
Milwaukee is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing St. Louis
The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 5 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 6 games

8:05 PM
DETROIT vs. TEXAS
The total has gone OVER in 13 of Detroit's last 19 games when playing on the road against Texas
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit's last 9 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Texas's last 7 games at home
Texas is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games

8:10 PM
SAN FRANCISCO vs. COLORADO
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco's last 5 games when playing on the road against Colorado
The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Francisco's last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Colorado's last 10 games at home
Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home

8:40 PM
WASHINGTON vs. SAN DIEGO
Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego's last 7 games
San Diego is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Washington

9:05 PM
KANSAS CITY vs. OAKLAND
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City's last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Kansas City's last 11 games
The total has gone OVER in 14 of Oakland's last 20 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing at home against Kansas City

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:15 PM
CNOTES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLB

Saturday, May 18

Three streaking pitchers worth a look on the road Saturday

Saturday's MLB schedule features a few starters that maybe didn't get off to the best starts in the 2013 season, but might just be turning things around lately. Here is a rundown of some guys on the hill Saturday that have had some recent success on the road.

Brandon Morrow, Toronto Blue Jays (1-2, 4.69 ERA)

The Jays righty seems to be coming around after a slow start to the season. Morrow has pitched very well in his last three outings with the Jays, victorious in all three. He won his last road start versus the Baltimore Orioles by a score of 6-5. Morrow went 6 1/3 innings giving up three earned runs along the way.

The righty takes the hill against the New York Yankees Saturday. Morrow was roughed up by the Yankes earlier in the year giving up five earned runs in 5 1/3 innings.

Brandon McCarthy, Arizona Diamondbacks (0-3, 5.62 ERA)

McCarthy is still winless on the season but the Diamondbacks have won the last two games he has started away from home. McCarthy lasted 6 1/3 innings giving up just three earned runs in his last road start versus the Los Angeles Dodgers. He is also coming off his best pitching performance of the season, going eight strong innings with no earned runs versus the Philadlphia Phillies.

McCarthy takes the hill versus the lowly Miami Marlins Saturday.

Marco Estrada, Milwaukee Brewers (3-2, 5.32 ERA)

The Brew Crew have won three of Estrada's last four starts away from Miller Park and he's given them some quality performances in those games. His last start, on the road in Pittsburgh, was his best of the season. He went seven innings giving up one earned run en route to the 5-1 victory.

Milwaukee is on the road to face the St. Louis Cardinals Saturday. Estrada went six innings in his last start at Busch Stadium. The Brewers won 4-3 but he did not factor in the decision.

Believe in the 3 G's

Old Post 05-18-13 04:16 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: