StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > WNBA Season Thread
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WNBA Season Thread

Will try to keep this updated and this is a sport that is a little easier for me to track with limited scheduling. I like to stay with a 2* to 5*(Max) system as I have used for years to keep myself from getting to exuberant over what I think is a great play.

5-20 Sunday WNBA

3* Atlanta vs Dallas Under 161

Dallas opener vs Phoenix totaled 164 points with Dallas playing well defensively and they should be able to keep Atlanta in check and likely considerably lower then 86 allowed to Phoenix. This game has look of a 79-74 game, but its early and we will have to season is Dallas is as improved defensively as some think.I like Under.

2* LA Sparks +7.5 vs Minnesota

Sparks will be without star player here,so I will keep this a weak 2* but this is a revenge spot for Sparks early on as they were beaten in championship series by Lynx and Lynx will unveil banners before game,so I am going to guess this will be a good motivator for Sparks.To illustrate how close these 2 teams have been, they have split last 16 games and in those games the Sparks have scored 1,221 points, the Lynx, 1,218!Sparks are also 23-9 ATS in their last 32 games overall.Even without Parker I expect a hard game from Sparks and will take points.

Old Post 05-20-18 05:49 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

go get that league pass it's only $17 for the entire season + playoffs

Old Post 05-20-18 08:28 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-22 Tuesday WNBA 1-1(-1*)

3* Vegas Aces +17 vs Washington

Vegas looked certifiably awful in opener and could probably shoot better in this game with blindfolds on. But I think they will improve, particularly their star draft pick A'ja Wilson,who in 1 preseason WNBA game and season opener is 7 of 31 from field. Aces are 17-8-1 ATS in their last 26 games following a ATS loss and Mystics are just 7-16 ATS in their last 23 vs. Western Conference.Only one margin of victory in last 10 meetings between these 2 teams was over 17,so I think the line is an hyper reaction to Aces 36 point loss on Sunday.I like points.GL

Old Post 05-22-18 06:24 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Cosmo Kramer

Absolutely love Vegas tonight, lets bring it bud!

Old Post 05-22-18 09:42 PM
Cosmo Kramer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosmo Kramer Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rojero
FoxDen Hall of Famer

love the over Vega sAces

Old Post 05-23-18 12:52 AM
rojero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rojero Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

rojero , I am still calling them San Antonio.lol

Old Post 05-23-18 01:28 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-23 Wednesday WNBA 2-1(+2*s) YTD

4* Atlanta vs Chicago Under 167 (11AM)

Trends on this rascal suggest a high scoring game, but the situation is nodding the opposite way to me. Early game with an Atlanta team torched by Dallas on Sunday for 101 facing a Chicago team hitting 50% of shots. Atlanta should pick up defensive intensity here to disrupt Chicago . The last 10 games between these two teams soared above 167,but those games had really fast tempos.I think this game slows down and Chicago shooting averages regress,so low 160s is what I see and again with this being an early midweek game a brickfest wont surprise me.GL

Old Post 05-23-18 02:24 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-23 Wednesday WNBA 3-1(+6*s) YTD

3* Minnesota -12 vs Dallas

Not fond of laying double digits, but I think Lynx can get this by 20 if foot presses on pedal hard enough.Lynx were clearly not ready to play in loss to Sparks on Sunday, but consider they lost by just 1 point despite giving Sparks 24 turnovers compared to Sparks 6. Lynx are 9-1 last 10 in this series winning by 13.4 average in those 9 wins.Lynx are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games following a ATS loss and this smells like a rout to me! GL

Old Post 05-23-18 08:33 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-24 Thursday WNBA 3-2(+3*s) YTD

2* Indiana +4.5 vs Washington

Not buying into the chalk role for Mystics team that has won 5 straight in this series and has 2-0 record against 2 mediocre teams.Mystics are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games and have some injury issues and Fever are 7-1-2 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games and are home playing with revenge.Indiana should keep this at lease close if not get the SU win.GL

Old Post 05-24-18 05:01 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-25 Friday WNBA 3-3(+1*s) YTD

5* Minnesota -7 vs New York

Minnesota was dominant through most of their last game before letting Dallas in backdoor..Lynx have not performed well over last 10 against New York,but I think after opening loss and obvious lapse in intensity against Dallas, we should see more focus tonight.

Old Post 05-26-18 12:29 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-31 Thursday WNBA 3-4(-4*s) YTD

Will try to get back into + territory this weekend.

3* Las Vegas +11 vs Seattle

Not sure Seattle will have enormous energy at home against Vegas team they easily handled last week. Vegas did show some scrap in that game and Vegas is 14-6-1 ATS in their last 21 road games with Seattle just 2-12 ATS in their last 14 Thursday games. I will grab Vegas and points here. GL

Old Post 05-31-18 11:55 PM
Cosmo Kramer

Vegas tonight one more time?

Old Post 06-01-18 05:47 PM
Cosmo Kramer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosmo Kramer Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Cosmo, not sure about that one.Vegas flying back in after last nights blowout loss and this is 3rd road game in 4 days for Washington. So how bad is Vegas and how tired is Washington?

Old Post 06-01-18 06:24 PM
Cosmo Kramer

I hear ya but man they need a game badly...

Old Post 06-01-18 09:12 PM
Cosmo Kramer

Also lean Minny, what do u think?

Old Post 06-01-18 09:12 PM
Cosmo Kramer

Vegas

Boom

Old Post 06-02-18 11:58 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

6-19 Tuesday WNBA 3-5(-7*s) YTD

Will try to keep this updated as best I can thru Summer.

3* Atlanta +6 vs New York

3 of last 10 between these 2 teams have gone into OT with 4 of remaining 7 decided by 9 or less,so this has been a very competitive series.NY just 3-6 on year with average win by just over 4 ppg.Interestingly enough Liberty are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 Tuesday games with Dream being 13-3 ATS in their last 16 Tuesday games.Either way, this is just a bit much for an average team to lay at home and this should be a close game. I will take points. GL

Old Post 06-20-18 12:23 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

These folks had a nice soccer comp winner earlier, so decided to post this. They also have a nice NFL deal on their twitter site. I will be back in a bit with my own WNBA for tonight as I have a minute.

LPW Sports Forecast
Tuesday WNBA 1* LA Sparks -8.5

twitter.com/LpwSports

Old Post 07-03-18 11:32 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

7-3 WNBA

4* Chicago +6.5 vs Dallas

8 of last 10 between these two have been decided by 8 or less, with average difference of 6 points difference in those 8.This has been a tight series and Chicago is playing very well right now,I will grab points as Chicago should have a chance at SU win.

2* NY Liberty +4 vs Seattle

Interesting spot. Situationally Seattle off two wins by close to 12 ppg and might not bring the intensity to game tonight that 5-11 Liberty may.Plus,Storm are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 vs. Eastern Conference,which may be an indicator of travel difficulty for Seattle.But I will cap this as 2* as I am not supremely confident in Liberty.

Old Post 07-04-18 12:09 AM
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LPW

Sunday- WNBA 1* Indiana +8.5

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 07-22-18 09:59 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: