StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Memphis @ Xavier
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Memphis @ Xavier

I don't know a whole lot about Memphis. I saw them play VCU in a Thanksgiving tournament. VCU clocked them. They are rolling thru the Conference USA, which isn't saying a whole lot. Never a lot of competition for them there. But they're still winning. They like the fast pace. This year, Xavier does not.

Xavier will be without their point guard, Davis. Butted heads in the VCU game. Drew blood w/stitches and a slight concussion. Not great, by any means, but he's their only decent ballhandler. Xavier has a big height advantage inside. Memphis has the more athletic guys tonite though.

As I have written before, for some reason, Xavier fades in the 2h of games. Their 1h record is very good...8-2-1 ATS in A10 play. 5-1 at home. So, that's where I'm going with this one. Maybe get 2 plays tonite. Hopefully, 2 winners. Look for the Tigers 2h. Memphis is also very good in 1h. But their competition level is just not there. X has lost 7 games by 6 points or less. They usually have played close ones this year. Not real confident on this, but at home, I'll play them.

Xavier has to concentrate on the rest of their conference games. I would seriously doubt if they get an at-large bid. They don't deserve one, that's for sure. I'm not saying they'll mail it in tonite. Hope to get an all-out effort for 1h at least!

Xavier 1h +3

GL Den

A10 Conf
20-26 -7.60*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-9

CBB
8-6 +1.30*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-27-13 12:11 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

mule

lets tear um up tonight

glta

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 02-27-13 12:24 AM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

So far...so good. Let's press...

Xavier 1h +3 ..... win
Memphis 2h -5

GL Den

A10 Conf
21-26 -6.60*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-9

CBB
8-6 +1.30*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-27-13 01:55 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msandler
FoxDen Hall of Famer

missed the 1st, like the 2nd, GL!

Old Post 02-27-13 02:01 AM
msandler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msandler Click here to Send msandler a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice 1st now get the 2nd bol Irish.

6 Rings

Old Post 02-27-13 02:21 AM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great call on the first half, hope you nail the second half.
Pete

Terpman

Old Post 02-27-13 02:24 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bostonshamrock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

nice calls irish

Old Post 02-27-13 03:25 AM
bostonshamrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bostonshamrock Click here to Send bostonshamrock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Update

Xavier 1h +3 ..... win
Memphis 2h -5 ..... win

That's 3 wins for me tonite....Have to count Xavier winning the game as one! haha

GL Den

A10 Conf
22-26 -5.60*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
15-9

CBB
8-6 +1.30*

Mark Twain

-- John Wayne

Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 02-27-13 03:28 AM
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great job Irish!!!!!

6 Rings

Old Post 02-27-13 03:36 AM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
shooms79
FoxDen Hall of Famer

wow

that was sick, thanks!

Old Post 02-27-13 04:28 AM
shooms79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shooms79 Click here to Send shooms79 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: