StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > WS prop bet question
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Illini45

WS prop bet question

I had STL in a small prop bet to out hit Boston tonight, and in the third inning I think Stephen Drew of the Red Sox hit a pop up near the pitcher's mound that fell in between Wainwright and Molina as they were both caught looking at each other. Neither one got a glove on it and Drew was awarded a base hit. I don't know who I would put a potential error on, but I find it funny that a big leaguer can look himself in the mirror and say that a weak 50 foot popup is considered a base hit. Again this was a very small bet for me more for entertainment purposes so it isn't the end of the world but I just want to know if I have a case here.

Thanks

Old Post 10-24-13 05:57 AM
Illini45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Illini45 Click here to Send Illini45 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

u obviously have a case except for the fact that it was indeed a hit. nobody played the ball. therefore. it has to be scored as a hit. there is no such thing as "team error."

as you said "you dont know who you would give the error to if you were scoring it."

the scorekeeper has no other option other than to score an "unplayed" ball as a hit.

that was a joke of a baseball game played by st. louis and that was the most pathetic "hit" in the history of the world series.

sorry you lost your small prop bet.

gl. the rest of the way.........

Old Post 10-24-13 06:12 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

simply put, nobody touched the ball so it can't be an error.

Old Post 10-24-13 03:26 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Why cant it be an error on the two idiots staring at it. Baseball is so reluctant to use common sense, its a joke..
Whats worse calling that a hit, or awarding a half error to the two people closest to the ball if its and obviously playable ball.. Dumb asses.. That's why the popularity of baseball has been plummeting..

I guess the scorekeepers don't have enough lines in their ancient book or something... What a joke. Change with times and technology like the rest of the free world.

There.. that's may Thursday morning rant.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 10-24-13 04:01 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It's the same as if an OF'er loses a ball in the lights and it drops in front of him. It's always a hit as long as the ball isn't touched.

Herbie

Old Post 10-24-13 04:02 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: