StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > why bother
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

why bother

playing the next two games....just give n.eng the trophy now. nobody will beat them. matter of fact, give them the trophy next year too. the most impressive dynasty
in sports history.

Old Post 01-14-18 05:00 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bite your tongue!

The Yankees.

Old Post 01-14-18 05:33 AM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Especially now...Good lord

Anyone excited for a Brady vs foles or keenam Superbowl? How many days til MLB?

Old Post 01-15-18 02:40 AM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

if pats are in the SB i won't even watch the game. i've had my fill of that team. no way
i'll watch brady jump up and down at the end of the game again.

Old Post 01-15-18 03:31 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

I would give the Vikings a legit chance to beat the Patriots. Keenum was below par today even though his stats looked decent, but if he can just play a slightly above average game as he has in most starts this year, the defense can win the game. His stupid turnover gave the Saints life, but prior to that, the Vikes were dominating defensively. Brady may be better than Brees, but not by much. Not to mention the Pats are still have a very bad rush defense. Minnesota won't get behind 3 scores like Tennessee did & won't have to abandon the run. Philly on the other hand, would have no chance. Ryan didn't exploit their bad pass defense outside in the wind & cold, but Brady will tear them apart in the dome.

Old Post 01-15-18 03:32 AM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Jacksonville Jaguars record for the last 4 years:
2017 - 3-13
2016 - 5-11
2015 - 3-13
2014 - 4-13

Then after the 2017 season, Tom Coughlin was named the VP Director of Football Operations.
There can be little doubt that he has played a major role in the Jaguars success this season.

Coughlin was the first HC of the Jaguars from 1995 to 2002 and lead them to 2 AFC Championship Games.
That was a pretty remarkable accomplishment for an expansion team!
I first became aware of him when he was the HC @ Boston College when he helped to turn that program around.
In his last year @ BC (1993), they beat #1 ranked Notre Dame 41-39, the first time BC had ever defeated ND.

I mention all this because of what happened in SUPER BOWL XLII after the 2007 season.
That was the year that the New England Patriots went into that game undefeated.
They were looking to become the first team since the 1972 Miami Dolphins (17-0) to have an undefeated season.
The Patriots were 12 point favorites in that game over HC Coughlin's New York Giants.
The Giants pulled off the UPSET, 17-14!
Granted, it took a late incredible catch to pull off the upset but the Giants had kept the game close and that enabled them to be in position to win the game in the end.

Here are the results of their games after winning SUPER BOWL XLII:

Nov 6, 2011 ... NYG 24 @ NE -9.5 . 20 .. 51.5 ... OUTRIGHT WINNER

Feb 5, 2012 ... NYG 21 @ NE -3 ... 17 .. 53.5 ... SUPER BOWL XLVI OUTRIGHT WINNER

Nov 15, 2015 .. NE -7 . 27 @ NYG . 26 .. 52.5 ... POINT SPREAD WINNER

So, it's pretty evident that Coughlin has been a real thorn in the side of Belichick.
He won't be the HC in Sunday's Championship game but he most certainly will have plenty of input into how to play Belichick, Brady and the New England Patriots.

I'M NOT SAYING, I'M JUST SAYING!

I don't think that this game can be regarded as a foregone conclusion.

Old Post 01-16-18 12:00 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"why bother"

Ronnie,isent that what the USSR Hockey was telling US before 1980 Winter Olympics? lol

Old Post 01-16-18 12:44 AM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i realize you have to play the games....they just make it look so damn easy. down by 25 vs atl, no problem. belichick after the 1st half comes up with a whole new game plan
and just bludgeons you in the 2nd half.

Old Post 01-16-18 04:26 AM
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I think my PATS will win this week,but i see them covering by 4 or 5 points.Going to be a tighter game with the underrated Jaguars.GO PATS :)

6 Rings

Old Post 01-16-18 11:09 AM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

And who can ever forget when the 1968 New York Jets and Joe Willie upset the Baltimore Colts in SUPER BOWL III in January, 1969, as an 18 point underdog!
That win gained respect for the AFL and soon led to the AFL–NFL merger.

BTW, it was after the 2016 season when the Jacksonville Jaguars went 3-13 that Tom Coughlin was named the VP Director of Football Operations and this was his first year in that position.

Can one man make that big of a difference?

As Laugh In's Dick Martin liked to say, 'YOU CAN BET YOUR SWEET BIPPY!'.

Old Post 01-17-18 12:30 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tots_McGee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Jacksonville has been an early riser in games. Jags 1Q is worth considering.

http://mainememorial.org/

Old Post 01-17-18 11:46 PM
Tots_McGee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tots_McGee Click here to Send Tots_McGee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: