StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Introduction thread. Where you from? Best Sport? Etc.
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
puckslug
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hello everyone!

my name is peter and I've been investing in sports for the past two years but I've been following sports since as far back as I can remember. currently, I'm a filmmaker and I work for myself–no wife, no kids, just me. It's hard to say what my best sport is but the sport I know the best is hockey and follow the most closely is hockey. I've had a great college football season and a fairly decent NFL season. I've never really even tried to handicap basketball but maybe this season will be different. I think tennis, especially the smaller tournaments, are great ways to make money though. thanks for welcoming to the den–i'm not sure what it used to be, but I'm willing to help it get there. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions.

the first rule of making money is to not lose it.

Old Post 11-30-14 03:14 PM
puckslug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puckslug Click here to Send puckslug a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

.... Anyone else??? I love this old thread

Old Post 11-30-14 10:08 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brianp
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brian from Omaha Nebraska. You know where that rich man called Buffett lives and the home of the College World Series and the Henry Doorly Zoo. Thats about it around here and thats why these people love their Husker football. I really don't care for them and don't have any favorite teams except the ones that can win me some money.
49 years old, been married for 25 years and have 2 daughters in college. I've been at my work place for 30 years. Man does time fly by!
Started wagering at the horse track in my late teens when they never checked ID. then progressed into football and basketball.
I quit picking games and started picking stocks in the late 90s. Picking games was up this week down the next. You always have the shares of a company you buy and the market still interests me more than sports betting.
Then back in around 2009 a guy at work had his sheet out and I said let me see that. It started again...But the News stand that I used to get my College and Pro weekly magazine was closed. So I searched online and found it and ordered one. Guy over nighted it to me and thats when I saw a add for Statfox. Lurked around for a while then said why not join the Den and contribute. Couldn't believe that I saw someone had posted over 35,000 posts (MSU) along with Briannbama and several others.
My wife just says that if I have to pay the guy to have a envelope for her also. Thanks to the Den that doesn't happen that often. GLTA

Old Post 12-01-14 12:12 AM
brianp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brianp Click here to Send brianp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My name is Mark, I am married and my wife is currently battling cancer (but I think we're gaining the upper hand for now) and we live in Minneapolis, Mn. I'm 59 yrs old and have been retired for 4 years now although I work part time for an advertising company. I have been betting on major sports for over 37 years and enjoy it more than ever since I retired. Getting my wife healthy is of course priority one but I have a lot more time to handicap and wager on sports, and I love to golf (although it's a seasonal thing around these parts).

Old Post 12-01-14 01:44 AM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hightimes, I love this thread too!!!

It needs music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpkDdLZGg30

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 12-02-14 03:54 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice to meet you brianp.

I am the guy on meds. lol!!!

Smartest gambler there is, but proving it takes time.

I am a white Indian.

Metis.

You know, if we win, we score 10k!!!

Yes, those guys post a lot!!!

I am in a cigarette lawsuit too. I love to smoke!!!!

Got addicted by the sexy images of smoking.

I dunno, I gamble. About 20K coming in, if I win!!!

No kids. No wife. Trouble. lol!

I am, who I am. :)

Long ago, I made a decision. I would not have a lady leave me, and no children to depend on me.

Was it chickening out???

No. lol!!!

It was what I had to do!!!

The loves of my life have all been great!!!

Got sex, gambled, drank, had total fun!!!

But I have a dark side...

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 12-02-14 04:07 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FEDEX

Bump!

Old Post 01-27-16 04:46 AM
FEDEX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FEDEX Click here to Send FEDEX a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

can't believe how many have come and gone since i joined the ranks...still have a core of regulars though, a bunch of great cappers and guys.

Old Post 01-27-16 05:52 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Started looking back through this thread and ran across some real characters. Buster65@bellso always made me laugh. Thanks for the bump.

2013 college football contest co-champion

Old Post 01-27-16 06:51 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bump

Old Post 12-11-18 10:34 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WOW - as I read through all the names of past and present, It's sad to read the intro's of the people who are no longer with us..ie Shadow9 - Curdawg and several others..
We still have the best forums around the internet...and I can say Proud to be here

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 12-11-18 11:05 PM
Brutus5775 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Damn.

Im 65 now. Where has time gone? Updating;
Live in Salinas, Ca. 20 minutes from Monterey.
Three kids, all grown and married. 5 grandkids ranging in age from 22 to a two month old.
Mike (msu) got me hooked on Totals many years ago. MLB, NFL and NBA.
Have season tickets to Giants and Warriors. Used to have Niners as well, but got rid of them when they dumped Harbaugh.
Only site I’ve ever been a member of.
Born in Cuba. Came when I was 8.

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 12-11-18 11:06 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brutus5775
"We still have the best forums around the internet"

Totally agree, more mature group here that has been relatively successful in keeping trolls out. The other forums are replete with them.

Old Post 12-12-18 03:23 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Agree with trader. This is the best forum out there. Mature serious players. The trolls of the past are long gone.
Update on me. I am 65 and now retired from a career in recruiting and before that geology. I live in Katy Tx, a western suburb of Houston. I have been married for 40 years, and have lived in Houston area for the same amount. Three grown children and 4 grandkids, all live within 20 min. I am a season ticket holder to the Texans since the beginning, 2002. Also a partial season ticket holder to the Houston Dynamo soccer. I am originally from Ohio and graduated from Ohio University years ago.

I am now a daily better, and practice strict money management, usually between 2-3% of bankroll per play. I do it as a hobby, and entertainment. This is the only forum I participate in, but use various sites for research.

Old Post 12-12-18 04:35 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Very Cool

I just went back and read from the beginning, some made me sad and some brought back Awesome memories.I read mine and had to sit and reflect for a little bit. Here is what I came up with..Hope it is as interesting to you as it is to me.

I posted in this thread the first time Jan.19 2007,I was 46 had 3 Children 17-14-12, been Married 18 years.
Now. I am 58, 3 Children 29-26 and 24..I have an addition..4.5 year old Grandson who is Awesome!!!I made it 26 years married but divorced 4 years ago..However am happy in a relationship with a girl I went to school with!
I gave up my Redskin tickets, still a fan just was tired of paying for a poor product.
I sold and closed my businesses but am happily employed in management with a retail parts company.
I sold the baseball team but still have 7 guys playing in the MLB that I talk to monthly.
I am down to 1 cat.
Still love hanging out with Friends,Have had the chance to hang out with 6-7 of the Den Members in Vegas over the years!
Moved from a 6000 person town to a 3500 person town 7 miles from each other.
Still love to Grill and still love Ice Cold Beer
I know this is the best forum.. I have 8000 Post
Football is still my best sport.

Bottom line....Life changes Daily,Weekly etc...I hope all of you are as Happy as I am, life is good!!Gambiling is fun and can be profitable at times,Family is the best!!!Many of you know my Grandson had a fall at Elementary school that had him in Critical condition in UVA Hospital for 23 Days,he is on the road to recovery and should be able to go back to School after Christmas and will be 100 percent!!!Life is Good DEN!!!!

2008-2018
2691-2398
53%

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take.

Old Post 12-13-18 02:10 AM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

agree with bill...life is good. i have been retired from GENERAL ELECTRIC for 14 yrs, got out before the $hit hit the fan there.
i have been married since the civil war basically. have a terrific son who will be 35 next month. i think he finally found his soul mate after going thru woman like i go thru socks. gambling has been my passion since the 70's. even had a successful book for 13 yrs. am a cancer survivor and a viet nam vet. the den is a lot of fun and is quite addicting. OK, i'm rambling now.

Old Post 12-13-18 06:44 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: