StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > World Cup 2018
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Didn’t see the match but I am surprised Peru didn’t score

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 06-21-18 07:28 PM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Shocked France didn't score at least 2. On to the next.

Argentina tt over 2 +335
Croatia/Argentina over 2 -135

GL

Old Post 06-21-18 07:42 PM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SOC Croatia v Argentina Over 2.25 +106

SOC Croatia +285

TNT Both teams to score +105

glta

WC 5-6

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 06-21-18 07:48 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Glad I sat another day out. 6 goals in 6 games last 2 days with Argentina pending of course and my gut told me we would see some scoring today.

Old Post 06-21-18 08:26 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2-1

SOC Croatia v Argentina Over 2.25 +106

SOC Croatia +285

TNT Both teams to score +105

glta

WC 7-7

Old Post 06-21-18 09:59 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thursday 2-3 -0.90
All WC 5-6-1 +0.30

Amazing how overrated Messi and Argentina really are. Give Croatia a lot of credit but Messi looks old and Argentina looked severely over matched creating very few shots and the ones they got were either wide open misses or off target.

Old Post 06-21-18 10:25 PM
Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gush Click here to Send Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wish I would have sat out the last 2 days. It was brutal. Argentina is just not good, and Croatia is a legit contender to win it all.

0-4-1 today

3-10-1
-9.02 units

Old Post 06-21-18 10:37 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Correction

must have been in a fog or maybe it's just old age marking me up !!

WC 6-13 -380

Old Post 06-21-18 11:28 PM
msudogs

Serbia vs. Switzerland, 2 p.m. ET, Fox
Serbia +179
Switzerland +202
Draw +204
Bet to Watch:
Winning Margin 1 goal +120

After Switzerland’s shock draw against Group E favorites Brazil last Sunday, a winner in this match would all but secure a place in the Round of 16, and have a very real chance of doing so at the top of the pile.

A meeting between two teams that always seemed likely to contend for second spot, this promises to be among the most evenly matched games of the group stages, and that much is highlighted in the outright odds. Most bookmakers have Serbia down as marginal favorites, which is a somewhat curious turnaround.

It was the Swiss, after all, that were backed in as the slight second favorites to Brazil to progress past the group phase. So one would have thought the fact that they picked up an unlikely point against the Selecao would have strengthened that position. Serbia were predicted to beat Costa Rica after all, and while the Serbs were the better side, it took a trademark Aleksandar Kolarov free kick to seal all three points.

That said, Mladen Krstajic’s side have the greater individual quality within their ranks and are a bigger goal threat. Switzerland are an organized and physical outfit, but when it comes to match winners, the candidates are thin on the ground.

In Aleksandar Mitrovic, meanwhile, Serbia have an uncompromising and hard-working striker aiming to make up for a couple of glaring misses in their group opener. He’s a player who might not have the sort of conversion rate that would rank him among the most dangerous forwards at the tournament but he picks up scoring positions on a regular basis and has a strong a varied supply line from those in support.

He’s the sort of physical front man who could pose problems to a Switzerland backline that can be ruffled if you can get beyond the shield ahead of them. While the young forward is the shortest price in the anytime scorer market, that figure is still out over +200, with some owing to the fact that this match is just so close to call.

However, a draw may well suit Switzerland more — despite being two points back — and they will look to keep things tight in the opening exchanges, that’s for sure. Whether or not they can keep Serbia at bay for 90 minutes is another matter, but it’s the latter that may need to open up in the second half, and the Swiss will look to exploit any chance to counter.

My tip for this one would be in the winning margin markets, with just one goal likely to separate the sides at the final whistle.

Old Post 06-22-18 12:30 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Brazil vs. Costa Rica, 8 a.m. ET, Fox Sports 1
Brazil -420
Costa Rica +1550
Draw +540
Bet To Watch:

Brazil -1.5 (-118)

Brazil were one of the most popular bets in the opening group games (83% of tickets) but could manage only a 1-1 result against Switzerland. The draw cashed at +343 odds, and it was the third-largest payout during the group stage so far.

The South Americans are incredibly dangerous going as the tournament progresses but not the best defensively, and they suffered a lapse on a corner kick which led to the Swiss’ tying goal. Neymar also took a beating in that match and is dealing with some ankle/lower leg issues. He had to leave training earlier this week but he’s in the starting lineup vs. Costa Rica; he just might not be 100%.

Bettors and oddsmakers do seem to be a little concerned about Brazil, as their odds to win have moved from -516 to -420 over the last couple days. The public has still backed them with more than 70% of moneyline bets and 72% of spread bets, but favorites haven’t exactly looked intimidating this tournament.

Costa Rica played a disappointing opening match, losing 1-0 to Serbia, but all is not lost for the Central Americans. There’s very little pressure on them to get a result against World Cup favorites Brazil, and they probably don’t mind being counted out at this point. They’re massive +1550 underdogs to win and +540 to draw.

With all that said, Costa Rica couldn’t muster much against Serbia after the opening few minutes and they won’t have as much possession against Brazil. If they go down 1-0 at any point they’ll have to be aggressive, which Brazil will look to capitalize on. The 2-0 exact scoreline is the most likely at +350 odds, and that’s another option in addition to Brazil -1.5.

Old Post 06-22-18 12:32 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Nigeria vs. Iceland, 11 a.m. ET, FOX
Nigeria +181
Iceland +185
Draw +219
Bet To Watch:

Nigeria +181

Thursday’s match against Nigeria is a prime opportunity for Iceland to stay in second in Group D and better their chances of advancing to the Round of 16. After the Europeans earned a solid point against Argentina in the opening game, a win or draw against Nigeria will put destiny in their own hands in the final group match vs. Croatia.

Iceland were mostly stifling against Argentina despite having to save a Lionel Messi penalty kick in the second half. They also looked threatening on long balls and set pieces, but weren’t really able to create sustained possession for a big portion of the match.

Nigeria are the youngest team in the tournament and looked that way at times in a 2-0 loss to Croatia. They weren’t able to connect in the final third and conceded both goals off Croatian corner kicks: one directly and one from a foul leading to a penalty kick. Set pieces could bite them again against Iceland, but after seeing the Croatians dismantle Argentina on Thursday, the overall result may not feel that bad.

I figured the first group matches would create some public perception for both squads and we’ve got the data to back it up. Nearly 60% of bets have come in on Iceland (+188), while Nigeria (+181) have received just 20% of the bets. The remaining 20% are obviously on the draw (+213). Public bettors like the fact that Iceland drew the first match and Nigeria lost.

It’s rare to see such lopsided action on one side when two teams essentially have the same odds to win, but I’m looking to take advantage of it. I was high on Nigeria entering the tournament and this is a great buy-low, contrarian spot to bet them. There’s no question they need to be better on corner kicks, but I think they can figure things out offensively. I wouldn’t be counting out Nigeria yet, so look for them to get a much-needed result.

Old Post 06-22-18 12:34 AM
msudogs

Brazil vs. Costa Rica, Group E
8 a.m. ET

Brazil were very trendy favorites in their opening 1-1 draw against Switzerland, and bettors are backing them again with 72% of moneyline tickets and 73% of spread tickets vs. Costa Rica.

Odds have shifted the last few days in light of the temporary uncertainty surrounding Neymar’s status. Brazil dropped from -516 to -420 when he left training Tuesday, and rose back up to -460 Thursday when it was announced he’d start. They were even as high as -700 on Sunday afternoon.

Scoring hasn’t come easy for teams, even the offensively gifted ones, and odds have trended toward the under yet again. Under 2.5 goals was listed at +125 early in the week and has moved to -101, but 70% of public bettors disagree.

Old Post 06-22-18 08:02 AM
msudogs

Nigeria vs. Iceland, Group D
11 a.m. ET

Nigeria (+181) and Iceland (+183) both have big opportunities to win an evenly contested match, and public bettors are loving Iceland (60% of moneyline bets). They’re also receiving 80% of spread bets, so this may be a prime contrarian spot to take Nigeria or the draw.

The majority of public bets has come in on the under, so over 2 goals is another potential contrarian angle.

Old Post 06-22-18 08:02 AM
msudogs

Serbia vs. Switzerland, Group E
2 p.m. ET

No matter what happens in the Brazil-Costa Rica match, Serbia (+176) can stay atop Group E with a victory over Switzerland (+202). However, only 26% of bettors think that’ll happen, and half the tickets are on the Swiss to dismiss them.

Sharp bettors do believe in Serbia, though, and all the line movement has been toward them since yesterday afternoon when they were +217.

The majority of O/U bets is on under 2 goals, but the juice has trended toward the over. It could be shaping up for yet another public fade where you can root for goals.

Old Post 06-22-18 08:04 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Friday Fades

The title says it all. Eventually I have to win. Here goes:

Brazil -1.5 -130
Brazil HT/FT -150

Beer money:

Brazil 3-0 +600
Serbia / Swiss 1-1 +500
Iceland 1-0 +650

I am beginning to feel, if you think something will happen, bet the opposite

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 06-22-18 01:23 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SOC Brazil -1.75 -105 X2

glta

Old Post 06-22-18 01:46 PM
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Friday

Costa Rica/Brazil over 1 -130 1st half
Brazil tt over 3 +290

GL

Old Post 06-22-18 01:52 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

1-1 for the day.

Saved by a last second goal by Neymar. Game was an absolute classic, and one of the best matches of the tournament. Great effort by Costa Rica.

Record
4-11-1

Now I sit back, and hopefully pick up some beer money with correct scores in the next two.

GL to all.

Old Post 06-22-18 04:02 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Houstonfan, MLS coming this weekend. Also, since last Saturday just 3 Draws in 20 games(15%) in WC, so I think we should get some value with a progression to the mean with Draws.We will see.

Old Post 06-22-18 04:07 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Gush
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Iceland tt over 1 +100 (X2)
-Nigeria have conceded at least one goal in six straight matches.

Iceland/Nigeria over 2.5 +172
-Six of Iceland's last seven matches have ended with over 2.5 goals scored, with five of those producing over 3.5.

-Iceland qualified on the back of six clean sheets in ten matches, but leading up to the finals conceded two goals or more in four straight matches

When I was looking at this match last night I immediately thought under. With how the tourney has gone so far I am going a bit contrarian with this play. Both teams need a win. Croatia has already advanced through this group so Iceland can really solidify its hopes with a win here. Should Nigeria get a win they would be right in the mix as well but face Argentina in there final match of group play. Argentina's 3-0 loss yesterday has them in a hole that might be too much to dig out of and Iceland know this. A win here would probably be enough to advance. I will also take a shot at exact score Iceland 3 Nigeria 1 at +2400 not to be counted on WC record.

GL

Old Post 06-22-18 04:25 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: