StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > World Cup 2018
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-29 Friendly International Soccer

2* Kosovo +501 vs Albania

Kosovo is no slouch and Albania is a rivalry, so not sure I trust this line.Kosovo has recent win over #54 ranked Burkina Faso and hung tight last year with #22 Iceland before losing 2-0 and Albania is curently ranked #56.Albania has been outscored 8-4 in last 5 friendly games,which included 3-0 loss to Spain.I think Kosovo should be closer to +180-220 range here and will take at this price.

Old Post 05-29-18 05:54 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2* Kosovo +501 vs Albania W

2* Peru -1.5(+133) vs Scotland

Scotland shorthanded tonight for this game against a very tough Peru team.Peru conceded just 7 goals in 8 matches in 2017 and finding net should be tough for Scotland. 2-0 is a strong likelyhood tonight. GL

Old Post 05-29-18 10:01 PM
Traderpro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traderpro Click here to Send Traderpro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-30 International Friendly

3* Ghana +443 vs Japan

Odd lines on these games, my eyes are kind of popping. Japan is very underwhelming to say least,they have been outscored 8-6 in last 6 games.Japan is currently ranked #60 by Fifa with Ghana at #50.Ghana has lost just 1 of last 11 matches and my guess is Japan being home is big part of this line. I like Ghana .This is an early AM match tomorrow.

Old Post 05-30-18 02:00 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not sure I will have anything else today on Internationals.If Mike starts MLS thread for tonights games, will have 1 or 2 there.

2* Peru -1.5(+133) vs Scotland W

3* Ghana +443 vs Japan W

Old Post 05-30-18 02:53 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Some WC Futures

To win the WC:

I put some lunch money on these:
Brazil +400
Germany+450
Spain +550

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 05-31-18 12:00 AM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Houstonfan, those look strong. I watched Russia get beaten 1-0 in friendly today . they play Saudi Arabia in 2 weeks and Saudi +957 is actually looking appealing.They played Italy tough in friendlys(2-1 loss) and have wins over Greece and Algeria recently.

Old Post 05-31-18 12:14 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Soudi to reach the knockout stage at +800 might be worth a small play Trader. Additionally SA over Russia at those odds may be worth a look. They are much improved from the past.

Old Post 05-31-18 02:41 AM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

That value on SA declining after another poor showing by Russia yesterday, its +924 and I am sure it will continue south as Russia has no business being this large a favorite against Comoros, much less a SA team that was sharp against Italy earlier in week.

Old Post 05-31-18 01:45 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

5-31 International Friendly

2* Romania +231 vs Chile

Romania won 3-2 last year and is not going to World Cup this year. This is a good price as not sure how hard Chile will go here leading up to World Cup. Romania likely to be more motivated,so will grab the excessive +231.GL

Old Post 05-31-18 02:47 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not sure how these friendly lines are being manufactured but some have been incredibly soft and there is a slate of them tomorrow, so anyone who wants to chime in with Friendly plays , feel free.

3* Ghana +443 vs Japan W

2* Romania +231 vs Chile W

Old Post 05-31-18 08:03 PM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

6-1 International Friendly

3* Bosnia & Herzegovina +263 vs S.Korea

I am scratching head at some of these lines, this is an early AM game. Bosnia is a solid soccer team, ranked #41 by FIFA and over 5 games stretch against the like of US.Mexico,Senegal and 2 others have allowed just 1 goal! South Korea is ranked #61 by Fifa and has recent losses to N.Ireland and Poland and a tie with Jamaica,who was just routed by Argentina 4-0. This game is in Korea, but Bosnia is better team at a great price.GL

Old Post 05-31-18 11:17 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I will watch friendlies but never bet them. Just my two cents.

Old Post 06-01-18 12:53 AM
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Houstonfan, any takes on MLS this weekend?

Old Post 06-01-18 01:00 AM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No. I decided with the world cup coming up, I would lay off MLS until it concludes.

Old Post 06-01-18 01:26 AM
eagleseye13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

MLS Weekend.

i do like some games actually.

3-1-1 last 5 so just a few spot plays. the U3.5 if its not too expensive is a good play imo.

thanks trader for the Revs under last game.

Friday
Colorado/Vancouver o2.5

Vanc has draw the last 4 avg 4 goals a game. They are 10-4 to the 2.5 total line. Colorado can score but they are awful too. i like a 2-1 game.

Saturday
Portland/LA G o3, if 2.5 is decent like that better Portland is rolling now, LA gives up goals

Revs/Red Bulls o3. Both teams can score and pressure from NE will open up the game.

NYFC/Orlando o3. Yankee Stadium and both team score and pretty reliable in that dept. maybe BTTS here.

Those are the main ones im on. Contemplating a few more but prolly lay off..

GL all

eagleseye13

"It doesn't matter who wins the game, it matters who covers"

2014 MLB Season Contest 2nd place +1985 (59-35-3)

Old Post 06-01-18 03:30 AM
eagleseye13  is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eagleseye13 Click here to Send eagleseye13  a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Traderpro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Will have more of these over in the weekend thread for MLS,Friendlys

3* Ghana +443 vs Japan W

2* Romania +231 vs Chile W

6-1 International Friendly

3* Bosnia & Herzegovina +263 vs S.Korea W

Old Post 06-01-18 07:57 PM
msudogs

Bet to Make
Iceland to finish last in Group D +110 (via BetOnline)
Iceland is the smallest nation by population to ever reach a World Cup, but they’ll enter with plenty of confidence. After winning a tough qualifying group and surprising everyone at Euro 2016 in a magical quarterfinal run, there’s no doubt they will be trendy underdogs to both root for and bet on this summer.

The Nordic island nation will open the group stage as big +1050 underdogs vs. Argentina and then play a key toss-up game against Nigeria where both teams have the same odds to win (+183). They’ll then wrap up the group stage as sizable underdogs vs. Croatia.

Iceland will have no problem getting physical, which could frustrate opponents, but there’s nothing too complicated about their playing style. They still have the weakest roster in the group and there’s also a lingering injury concern with attack-minded Gylfi Sigurdsson (knee) in a race to be fit in time for the opener.

Iceland has a 25% chance of advancing to the Round of 16 according to the odds (+300), and 7.7% chance of winning Group D (+1200 odds). They’re already shaping up to be a trendy underdog pick to beat Nigeria in the second group match, and also getting decent support to upset Argentina in the opener. There’s no more flying under-the-radar for Iceland.

However, I’m very high on the other three teams in the group (Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia) and can’t see Iceland getting more than a point in total. I’m fading the trendy underdog and going contrarian — instead of betting them at -400 to be eliminated in the group stage, the better value is +110 to finish dead last in Group D.

Old Post 06-01-18 08:00 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Bet to Watch
Urugay to win the Group A -130 (5Dimes)

Uruguay are a consistently strong team. Historically they’ve combined an extremely conservative approach with a couple of lethal strikers in Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. Although both strikers are past 30 and starting to slip from their peaks as players, they remain two of the best goal scorers in the world.

Defensively Uruguay remain as impenetrable as ever. It helps to have centerbacks who star for the best defensive club team in the world in Diego Godin and Jose Maria Gimenez. The 2018 version of Uruguay promises to be at least a little bit more adventurous. A more talented midfield with players such as Matias Vecino of Inter Milan means that unlike past years, Uruguay will not only be able to stymie more talented teams but also break down worse ones.

If Uruguay has a flaw it’s on the flanks, especially on the left. Cristian Rodriguez looks set to start on the left wing despite the fact that the injury-plagued 32-year-old’s club career is clearly winding down. Behind him is Martin Caceres, who at 31 is coming off several years of inconsistent injury-plagued form and is more of a centerback than a fullback.

Their weaknesses will likely keep Uruguay from making a deep run in the tournament (they’ll likely play either Spain or Portugal in the Round of 16) but they’re clearly the most talented team in Group A. Their odds of winning the group would like be significantly shorter if not for Russia’s home-field advantage.

Old Post 06-01-18 09:36 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Future to win WC 2018

Belgium +1000

I'm like a walking accident.
Everywhere I go, I wreck.

Old Post 06-02-18 05:55 PM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

ENGLAND’S ODDS TO WIN GROUP G: +120
England is second in the group at +120, behind Belgium at -125 and well ahead of Tunisia (+1600) and Panama (+2500). Much like Group B with Spain and Portugal, this is a very top-heavy group that is winnable for The Three Lions, but it all hinges on one game: England vs Belgium on June 28.

Barring disaster, this fixture will determine how the top two sides in Group G proceed to the Round of 16. On paper, it is one of the more mouth-watering matches of the group stage and odds reflect that with Belgium currently the slight fave at +140 and England at +175.

This is the golden era of Belgian football and they will prove a very tough opponent, but England has just two losses vs the Red Devils compared to 15 wins and four draws in all-time meetings.

There is good value betting England but Belgium has been the “sexy” pick in international tournaments dating back to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Considering their price in moneyline markets for that eagerly anticipated matchup, check back on that price ahead of match day and that might be your better play.

ENGLAND’S BEST WORLD CUP BETS
There is plenty to bet with the English but one I really do like is a stage of elimination wager. At Bovada, you can back England to be eliminated in the quarterfinals at the very appealing price of +220.

Now, a lot has to happen for this bet to cash, but hear me out.

England SHOULD advance from a relatively weak Group G. Belgium are faves in this group and for very good reason, so let’s bank on England finishing second. Their Round of 16 matchup would come against the Group H winner and the Colombians are faves there.

Colombia (assuming it’s them, but Poland and Senegal are also very capable of winning this group), while no slouch of course, is a decent matchup at that stage. So, again, let’s assume England wins that matchup. Their quarterfinal opponent shapes up to be, ahem, the Germans (as Group F winners) – a match FIFA and its advertisers will be pining for.

Old Post 06-02-18 07:00 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: